[2.6] Arc Elementalist for newbies/casuals: very cheap, fast T8/9 clearer

Hi all, friends :) I am Zeorymer_Of_The_Heavens, and this is my secondary account, that i have made up solely for hosting only my most "polished" builds (aka: the ones that will become my future guides) :)

I am the classic player with very bad skills, poor reflexes, and... prehistoric PC ^_^' Putting all these things together, you can easily define me a "casual"; and, in reality, i am :) For these reasons, this humble guide, and the ones that will follow in the future, will be aimed at newbies; my guides will probably never show a char able to kill Guardians, let alone Shaper. For these things, there are far better players than me out there (one above all, the great Mathil) :) However, this doesn't exclude that a player more skilled than me can make a better use of my builds. So let's start :)

---This build uses ARC. Arc is one of the fastest (and laziest) skills in the game: you press a button, and a lightning pursues enemies, killing them

PROS:

-Cheap: if you simply want a 5-link set up, this build will cost you around 7 Chaos Orbs (1 for a white 5 link chest, 1 for Clear Mind, 2 for Hidden Potential, 3 for 3x "Vaal Grace" gems). The cost raises in case of 6 link: with a Tabula Rasa, count around 25 Chaos. At this price, you must add 2-3 Orb of Alchemy for helm and wands, and some Orb of Alterations for obtaining good life/resistances on your blue gear

-Super fast: if Arc hits with its upper scale (details below), you clear the entire screen in a pair of seconds

-Lazy: almost no need to aim

-Safe: kills before enemies arrives in cast/shoot range

-Smart: in case of dangerous foes, we put down Frost Wall : it 1) forces melee enemies to "detour"; 2) protects us from most projectiles; 3) is pierced by our Arc, so we can shoot our bolt of death through it; 4) is a cold skill, so boosts our lightning penetration (details below)

-Max Dodge: 3x (or 4x if you so desire...) Vaal Grace

-Bone shields (Spell Totem + Summon Skeletons)

-It is sufficient to do only Normal and Cruel Labyrinth: no need to face Merciless Izaro if you have not the skills/will/desire

CONS :

-Fragile: don't expect more than 4.5K life

-Single target damage of Arc is poor

-Weak against Chaos damage

-Reflect: if Arc goes off screen, and if off screen there is a reflect mob... well, be quick with your instant life flasks ^_^'

HOW DO WE BUILD???

-Due to the nature of lightning damage (=hard spread between minimum and maximum damage), we need to raise our chances to hit mobs with the upper scale of our damage, and for this reason we invest in Cast Speed :)

-For overcoming mob's resistances, we choose a Witch, Elementalist subclass: her "Mastermind of Discord" Ascendancy node gives us an additional 25% lightning penetration every time we use a frost skill

-For "feeding" the great mana thirst caused by the cast speed, we need Blood Magic (obtained equipping the helm "Malachai's Simula")

-Having Blood Magic, we raise our power with "Clear Mind" unique jewel

-Not needing a lot of unique items, we can equip, instead of rare (yellow) items, magic (blue) ones. And so, we can achieve even greater power by using a second unique jewel: "Hidden Potential" . With a perfectly rolled Hidden Potential (25% increased damage per magic item equipped), and with 6x blue items (amulet, 2 rings, belt, bracers and boots) we get 150% inceased damage only from this jewel!!!

STATS

-DPS (with jewels, Pendulum of Destruction ascendancy and 6 link; in case of Elemental Overload activation, we have more than 62K)

-DEFENCES (with 1 rare jewel)

---SKILL TREE AND ASCENDANCY--- (still not completed, currently at level 86; i must take the 3 blue-coloured cast speed nodes in Shadow area to finish the build: level 89). If you take your Merciless Ascendancy points, allocate "Liege of the primordial" for another boost in damage (= second Lightning Golem)

http://www.poeplanner.com/AAcAAOUjBABw37CCEAelAuNJsiycEFh2EeyKfRhtGQj0wFRqQyL0bAuTJy-dFvMmPL6KoS9_xjBbrJcdgxGWBx6VLvDVSVEOSF3ynsSmvlRHjDZVS2HiJpUWvysKES_rYzY9napsjAW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCYqy0xcLsES18g-vumuBFnVNSHNyPGqcI2CRWSIVt1YEk2DLRRUfAZq3xGF0872jy8B-iAOFzmjuCm-081aavbAthxq4MXxynU6U8LYNfg8y3Pv4K2L2uPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfPxo-8i_2SMRYkPrfbUyL70sAAAAAAA==

BANDITS QUEST

-Normal: help Oak for the 40 life, or kill all (i have chosen kill all: in a game that can one shot you through 8K energy shield, around 200 more life will not change much...)

-Cruel: help Alira for the 5% cast speed

-Merciless: kill all

MY GEAR AND GEMS (still to be perfected)

VIDEOS

Sorry guys, no video: my pc is a potato and if i try to record with any tool, i have monstruos lags and freezes, and i die 100% of times :( Will post instead some screenshots of completed mid tier maps ASAP :)

EDIT: first images :)

I hope this guide will help some new player to have fun :) It is my very first guide so please be nice with me and sorry for my english: not my native tongue :) If you have any questions, just ask :)

Antares/Zeorymer :)

I am Zeorymer_Of_The_Heavens
Last edited by Antares_Black_Sky on Apr 28, 2017, 3:34:35 PM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 1:56:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info