Freeze/Shock/Poison and other Immunities for 3.0?

Hey GGG,

Will 3.0 address the issue of builds that go freeze, shock, or poison be addressed for end game content.

If a character specializes in freeze as their offense and defense and cannot freeze/chill end game bosses...

If a character specializes in shock and they cannot do enough damage to shock end game bosses...

If a character specializes in poison and numerous end game bosses are immune to poison...

What do those characters do?

One suggestion I hear a lot is if a boss was freeze/shocked/poisoned they cannot be freeze/shocked/poisoned for a duration. Or their resistance to it goes up and over time it comes back down.

I just really don't like immunities that stop entire builds from progressing. I am not saying to make all builds equal just make it so that they aren't blocked by immunities.

Can we expect to see a manifesto on changes to freeze/shock as we did with ignite and damage over time?

Thanks.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 10:26:56 PM
Pretty sure they said that they will get rid of imunities in 3.0

But my concern are Stun and Knockback

not was mentioned about those 2 and its really a deal breaker for somebuild
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
If a character specializes in shock and they cannot do enough damage to shock end game bosses...

If a character specializes in Shock, wouldn't they have some Chance To Shock in their build to mitigate this?

Or wouldn't they use something like Vaal Lightning Trap or Vaal Arc which create shocking ground and have 100% chance to shock respectively?

As far as immunities go, they mentioned wanting to get rid of them. Dunno what their plan is for them though.

Might end up being "Cannot be affected by X" which would still screw over builds that rely on a specific status effect for damage, but I'm not sure if that's a big concern of theirs (Isn't there a boss that has CI so is immune to ED builds?)
"
Tarille wrote:
"

If a character specializes in Shock, wouldn't they have some Chance To Shock in their build to mitigate this?

...what? Hate to resort to ad hominems here, even positive one, but you've sounded pretty knowledgeable about the game. I thought you'd have known that Chance to Shock/Freeze have absolutely no effect on the minimum duration check (aka the "enough damage" test)?

You can have 100% Chance to Shock in a white Map and still fail to Shock an enemy because you aren't dealing enough damage.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
I thought you'd have known that Chance to Shock/Freeze have absolutely no effect on the minimum duration check (aka the "enough damage" test)?

You can have 100% Chance to Shock in a white Map and still fail to Shock an enemy because you aren't dealing enough damage.

My mistake, I was thinking of Shock duration, which lowers the damage requirement to get the minimum level of lightning damage to shock.
What i also hope to see and have been wishing for a long time for the greater good of the game is:

Critical strike generated elemental status ailments effects have 50% less duration and 50% less damage as well for ignites
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Dude all immune are gone, some take only 5-10% and more with "pen".
Calm down
No Problem,
Exile
"
TheExile777 wrote:
Dude all immune are gone, some take only 5-10% and more with "pen".
Calm down
Annnnddd this thread just got hella dumber.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info