[3.7] - "Rainchief" - Bringer of Rain A. Warchief (Cheap, Simple, League Starter)

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
CaptainSpouk wrote:
Hello, I tried your build, pls can u check my dps, because I have just 74k in game, maybe I have wrong gems or smt?

1. follow the guide
2. use path of building and tick every unrealistic box in configuration to get 5 million dps.

Please elaborate on what you mean by unrealistic.

The only things checked are:

1) Always Full Life
2) Enemies bleeding
3) Shocked (with VLTrap)
4) Flasks active
5) Phase run

If I check "Have you been hit recently?" then it's 5.6M

Which of those is the unrealistic thing? More like "ideal conditions" scenario, but your wording makes it sound as though I've somehow concocted things.

All those things should be active fairly often, that's why phase run is such a low lvl, VH is 100% bleeding, VLTrap when you can, should always be full life and probably have been hit recently.
Last edited by corosou on Jun 21, 2017, 11:16:16 PM
Yesterday, I killed all guardians and it was very easy, the uber lab is like 2 hits and he dies.
"
CaptainSpouk wrote:
Yesterday, I killed all guardians and it was very easy, the uber lab is like 2 hits and he dies.

Good stuff! Thanks for the feedback )
Meh it's just on paper dps. That phase run would add one million dps in reality is questionable at best.

Without vaal lightning trap there goes another 2.8 million or so and that is versus normal monsters not bosses. In lab this skill can't even be used.

Hit recently and at the same time on full life. Another paradox.

I don't feel like it's worth to discuss any further. It's peak dps that somehow disturbs me :)
It should probably say just that. Peak dps.

But to each their own. The build and guide is well made and the damage is more than enough even without all the fancy relic items so that is very good. My warchief is lvl 91 in legacy league and going strong.

"
kompaniet wrote:
Meh it's just on paper dps. That phase run would add one million dps in reality is questionable at best.

Without vaal lightning trap there goes another 2.8 million or so and that is versus normal monsters not bosses. In lab this skill can't even be used.

Hit recently and at the same time on full life. Another paradox.

I don't feel like it's worth to discuss any further. It's peak dps that somehow disturbs me :)
It should probably say just that. Peak dps.

But to each their own. The build and guide is well made and the damage is more than enough even without all the fancy relic items so that is very good. My warchief is lvl 91 in legacy league and going strong.

No for sure, it's not like you're gonna run around with 5.5M all the time, so of course it's just all on paper. The reason I do my calculations at max potential DPS is because working with Path of Building, if you optimize the build at its full DPS potential, then that means it's optimized at minimum DPS potential as well. It also lets others following the build get an idea of what numbers they should be reaching when they compare their toons vs the build.

When I first started messing with the original Warchief build, for the longest time I couldn't figure out why I was getting much lower numbers, until I checked "phase run". So, I understand how you could see it as a gimmick, it kinda felt the same way to me when I first saw the ridiculous effect it has, but I decided to try to use it and seeing it had a pretty noticeable effect at lvl 6 still, having it trigger on any hit above 725 dmg, which is pretty much always at higher lvls, it does activate fairly often. As far as "full life" and "hit recently", "recently" = the last 4 seconds, and that's plenty of time for you to heal up 725 dmg and take advantage of the bonus.

Either way as you say, nothing to argue about... "peak dps", "ideal conditions", it's all just potential numbers.

And thanks for your continued support and time helping ppl with the build etc :)

Last edited by corosou on Jun 23, 2017, 10:11:30 AM
Hey do you have any tips on which passive skills I should focus on earlier on?
Solemnknight: from first post click leveling then skills & tree. works quite well to shield charge all the way until you can equip your endgame items.

if you don't have great leveling items you may wanna go for blood magic early but there are many options.
Thank you, I'm probably going to pick up blood magic early.

How tanky does this build get in the later stages?
GJ man!!!!

Some Question:

1) why void manipulation? (voidheart do chaos damage, i don't see any boost with the gem) is this the better boost for warchief?
2) why Exceptional performance node? with that 4 point i take Totemic mastery (16.3 sec duration are enough for totem life...)

Ulab is a joke with this bbuild ^_^
Last edited by Beskaius on Jun 25, 2017, 3:30:02 AM
"
Beskaius wrote:
GJ man!!!!

Some Question:

1) why void manipulation? (voidheart do chaos damage, i don't see any boost with the gem) is this the better boost for warchief?
2) why Exceptional performance node? with that 4 point i take Totemic mastery (16.3 sec duration are enough for totem life...)

Ulab is a joke with this bbuild ^_^

1) This is a question you can answer yourself in Path of Building. So, there are 3 options: Void Manip., Rapid Decay, Increased Duration:

Void Manip:

Rapid Decay:

Increased Duration:

As you can see Increased Duration is the best apparent DPS, but as you said, we don't need more duration, hence VM.

2) Again, this is something you can answer in Path of Building. But basically because those 4 points are a huge DPS boost.

Totemic Mastery

Exceptional Performance

Keep in mind this is a Poison build. You're not going to see in-game DPS sheet numbers change, you can only see the actual numbers in Path of Building.
Last edited by corosou on Jun 26, 2017, 10:34:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info