Damage over time for each element

I think it will be amazing to rework status ailments to work similar like in Grim Dawn. Each element would get its damage over time. Of course they should be different, now we have fire - burning damage over time if you ignite - it should stay pretty much the same, strongest dmg since there is no other benefit.
Cold - when you freeze target it should take cold damage over time for that period , i think this type of damage over time should be the weakest dmg since targets are already frozen and cant do anything so it's pretty strong. Lightning damage - when you shock it can remain the same 50% inc dmg taken but also provide some damge over time with mid dmg since lightning dmg is kinda meh now. Bleed and poison remain the same, double dipping ofc removed from game same as stupid immunities.I think this will really open some build options and would actually reward ppl who invest into status ailments passives and dmg over time rather than just ignite/poison/bleed. Feel free to post suggestions and opinions on this thread.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 6:37:20 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
hobla wrote:
I think it will be amazing to rework status ailments to work similar like in Grim Dawn. Each element would get its damage over time. Of course they should be different, now we have fire - burning damage over time if you ignite - it should stay pretty much the same, strongest dmg since there is no other benefit.
Cold - when you freeze target it should take cold damage over time for that period , i think this type of damage over time should be the weakest dmg since targets are already frozen and cant do anything so it's pretty strong. Lightning damage - when you shock it can remain the same 50% inc dmg taken but also provide some damge over time with mid dmg since lightning dmg is kinda meh now. Bleed and poison remain the same, double dipping ofc removed from game same as stupid immunities.I think this will really open some build options and would actually reward ppl who invest into status ailments passives and dmg over time rather than just ignite/poison/bleed. Feel free to post suggestions and opinions on this thread.

How about static shocks for lightning
After the duration of the shock status an AOE damage based on the hit will go off damaging surrounding targets.
It would help low damage builds.

As for Ice one could take damage while being affected by chill.
Need more brains, exile?
"lightning damage is kind of meh now"

HOWA.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"lightning damage is kind of meh now"

HOWA.

Well one item can't really be a good example for lightning damage in general, howa is great but that's just howa and it's just for attacks :/
"
MasterTBC wrote:
"
hobla wrote:

How about static shocks for lightning
After the duration of the shock status an AOE damage based on the hit will go off damaging surrounding targets.
It would help low damage builds.

As for Ice one could take damage while being affected by chill.

Sounds great for after shock and for chill, im up for any idea.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info