Esh's Visage is bypassing Energy Shield

"
"
EuroX wrote:
"
How much life and manna did you have reserved? If you are "low" on either of those then it doesn't work. The reason the item is cheap is that you can't use it to make a low life character or reserve a lot of manna.

I tried on Full life and didn't work either.

With Life reserved lower than 20% the light radious wasn't decrease and PAIN ATTUNEMENT was not atived.

I needed to gain the bonuses of Pain Attunement and lose the Light Radious if less than 20% of life reserved is considered on low life... My question here is that i didnt gain the buffs of low life but i lose the bonus of the shield.

How much manna did you have reserved? Was it also zero?

My mana reserved is about 85%~90%.
EURO. PEOPLE HAVE ANSWERED YOU.

As per the wiki on Esh's Visage:

"Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield while not on Low Life or Low Mana"

This means "Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield while not on Low Life or Low Mana"

The 'OR' is very important

I could get into logic trees and proofs, but that would be pointless. Suffice it to say, Esh's Visage is a NOR item. If you are on Low Life, through either reserving life or getting hit by stuff, then the requirement for Chaos Damage to not bypass Energy Shield is not met, and Chaos damage will bypass ES as normal.

If you are on Low Mana, through reservations or through casting stuff until your mana runs below 36%, then the requirement for Chaos damage to not bypass Energy Shield is not met, and Chaos damage will bypass ES as normal.

Were you casting skills? Were you using up your mana, or reserving mana below 36%? MANA is important to Esh's Mirror as well, not just Life.

Esh's Visage is useful if you want to get an extra reservation or two on a non-CI, non-Pain Attunement ES based character. Those characters are very rare, and much of that advantage is lost due to the requirement to avoid over-reserving mana, as well.

if you want to make a Pain Attunement character without spending a billion exalts on Shavronne's Wrappings, consider Coruscating Elixir. This item is also pretty cheap, and while it's up Chaos damage doesn't bypass ES. Build Pathfinder for maximum effectiveness, but even simply Witch flask duration nodes and some careful utilization of the flask can permit the character to try Pain Attunement builds without Shavronne's Wrappings. Mathil made a guide on this very concept, a Coruscating Elixir EK Nova Pathfinder, which was quite illuminating.

Low Life - it's not just for Shav drops anymore.
Last edited by 1453R on Apr 28, 2017, 12:25:43 PM
"
EuroX wrote:

Then you are on low mana. Which is why the shield doesn't work. If you are on low mana, the shield doesn't work. If you are on low life, the shield doesn't work. if you are on low mana and low life, the shield doesn't work. Oh my god.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
EuroX wrote:

Then you are on low mana. Which is why the shield doesn't work. If you are on low mana, the shield doesn't work. If you are on low life, the shield doesn't work. if you are on low mana and low life, the shield doesn't work. Oh my god.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Just one of them!

I dont know what i thought when i read this. I was convicted that needed to be with both of them low to not active the shield.

HAHAHAHAHA

Thank You.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info