Esh's Visage is bypassing Energy Shield

I don't know if i don't understand how it works or if that's just a bug that need to be fixed with Esh's Visage Shield.

I wanted try to use Esh's Visage instead Shavronne's Wrappings becouse it's too much more cheap. I entered in a map with poison on hit to teste if the Visage works but I just killed without losing all my Energy Shield. I was casting an aura with blood magic, and i thought that's not working becouse of that, when i entered on map with full life, without any aura, the same problem, just killed. I think that instead with the blood magic the shield needed to work and at least full life it's gonna work.

It's a bug, or I just dont understand how poison works?

Help me or give some ideas plz.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 12:52:10 PM
Usually when people are asking about how their character works and why, I ask them to set their characters tab to public so we can look at the character to figure out what's happening and why. How much mana did you have? Are you reserving mana for auras?

If you have less than 35% of your maximum mana, you're on low mana and Esh's Visage won't work. If you're on low life (< 35% max life), Esh's Visage won't work. If both, won't work.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Both your life and your mana need to be not "low" (i.e. above 36%) for the property to work. My guess is that you were on low mana, and thus the chaos damage bypassed your ES as normal.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Apr 27, 2017, 10:44:30 AM
"
Sarno wrote:
Usually when people are asking about how their character works and why, I ask them to set their characters tab to public so we can look at the character to figure out what's happening and why. How much mana did you have? Are you reserving mana for auras?

If you have less than 35% of your maximum mana, you're on low mana and Esh's Visage won't work. If you're on low life (< 35% max life), Esh's Visage won't work. If both, won't work.

I tried to reserve mana and life simultaneously, didn't work. After that, i tried with full Life, same problem, its not working in anyway.

The other thing is that my perception of low life changed with some experiments that i tried to see if life reserved really affects the way that the game really see it. Exemple: Life reserved with less than 35% had needed to be on low life, than, without any node my Light Radious had to need be affected, same with Pain Attunement, i needed to gain 30% of my spell damage and it life reserved has no affect on this fields.
My conclusion was that instead only with 20% of my life and the rest reserved, the game will see my this 20% of life with 100%, the diference between them is the life that i need to lose to enter on low life.

The important is that i tried with full life, and didn't work.
How much life and manna did you have reserved? If you are "low" on either of those then it doesn't work. The reason the item is cheap is that you can't use it to make a low life character or reserve a lot of manna.
"
How much life and manna did you have reserved? If you are "low" on either of those then it doesn't work. The reason the item is cheap is that you can't use it to make a low life character or reserve a lot of manna.

I tried on Full life and didn't work either.

With Life reserved lower than 20% the light radious wasn't decrease and PAIN ATTUNEMENT was not atived.

I needed to gain the bonuses of Pain Attunement and lose the Light Radious if less than 20% of life reserved is considered on low life... My question here is that i didnt gain the buffs of low life but i lose the bonus of the shield.
"
EuroX wrote:
"

With Life reserved lower than 20% the light radious wasn't decrease and PAIN ATTUNEMENT was not atived.

I needed to gain the bonuses of Pain Attunement and lose the Light Radious if less than 20% of life reserved is considered on low life... My question here is that i didnt gain the buffs of low life but i lose the bonus of the shield.

The shield does not work if you are on low-life. You need to have less than 65% of your mana AND life reserved (not one or the other). If you have more than 65% of your life OR 65% of your mana (or both) reserved, the shield does not work.

What character are you doing this on? AHIWeuhAWIeuhAIWEUha? That character does not have pain attunement allocated, so...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
EuroX wrote:
"

The shield does not work if you are on low-life. You need to have less than 65% of your mana AND life reserved (not one or the other). If you have more than 65% of your life OR 65% of your mana (or both) reserved, the shield does not work.

What character are you doing this on? AHIWeuhAWIeuhAIWEUha? That character does not have pain attunement allocated, so...

Yes, the character is AHIWeuhAWIeuhAIWEUha but I used my regrets and change the build.
I think that is a bug and need to be fixed becouse i used the shield with my full Life to teste, and i died for poison damage.
"
EuroX wrote:
"

How much manna did you have reserved? Was it also zero?
I mean you still take chaos damage. It just doesn't bypass ES... Did you lose all of your ES first?
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info