China will force games with loot boxes to publicly expose their drop rates and probabilities

“2.6 – Online game publishers shall promptly publicly announce information about the name, property, content, quantity, and draw/forge probability of all virtual items and services that can be drawn/forge on the official website or a dedicated draw probability webpage of the game. The information on draw probability shall be true and effective.”

“2.7 – Online game publishers shall publicly announce the random draw results by customers on notable places of official website or in game, and keep record for government inquiry. The record must be kept for more than 90 days. When publishing the random draw results, some measures should be taken place to protect user privacy.”

https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/08/china-will-force-games-with-loot-boxes-to-publicly-expose-their-drop-rates-and-probabilities/

I wonder how much this relates to PoE since it launches its service in China soon. Will this impact MTX mystery boxes only? What about Strongboxes?

The law will take effect in about 2 days.

Your thoughts,Exiles.
Last edited by ZerotuL on Apr 27, 2017, 7:28:29 AM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 7:31:16 AM
"
ZerotuL wrote:
“The information on draw probability shall be true and effective.”

GGG should hire Sean Spicer and let him present some alternative facts. ;)
"
ZerotuL wrote:

“2.7 – Online game publishers shall publicly announce the random draw results by customers on notable places of official website or in game, and keep record for government inquiry.

PoE players are not customers but supporters, so it doesn't apply. There it is, thank me later ggg.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"

PoE players are not customers but supporters, so it doesn't apply. There it is, thank me later ggg.

"Thank you for pointing this mistake out"-Chinese government.
I think knowing odds might be worse. Then you get really pissed when bad beat or some ppl do.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 27, 2017, 8:10:55 AM
Good. I have never been a fan of these RNG boxes they should make it as transparent as possible.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Apr 27, 2017, 8:31:50 AM
i think ggg already did something like that.
i remember reading something about , epic skins = X% / rare =X% etc etc

"
In the interest of being transparent, we've decided to reveal the odds of each microtransaction in the box. They're grouped into three rarities: Rare, Uncommon and Common. The microtransactions within each rarity each have the same odds. Here are the odds of receiving a microtransaction from each rarity:
Rare: 20%
Uncommon: 35%
Common: 45%
Last edited by spoc002 on Apr 27, 2017, 8:41:24 AM
this has already happened bro, last set of boxes had the probabilty in the description. You are literally pointing out MONTHS old shit.

"
this has already happened bro, last set of boxes had the probabilty in the description. You are literally pointing out MONTHS old shit.

Do you have any reading comprehension issues?
It's about a much wider spectrum of disclosed info. The scam boxes are a minor part of it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Good. I have never been a fan of these RNG boxes they should make it as transparent as possible.

+
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info