How much life do you need to facetank bosses?

"
dovahkiin07 wrote:
I have 8k life right now with full ele resist but it I'm still getting one hit by some bosses. I see some guy on youtubee named dismantle time having 14.5k life. Can you really achieve that?

1.) Dismantle plays with a legacy Kaoms (flat 1000 life)
2.) Dismantle deals almost no damage. ^^
3.) How the fuck do you get oneshoted with 8k life? Don't you have any dmg mitigration or do you try to facetank the few things no one should facetank in poe? For example an uber atziri double flameblast will oneshot you even with 100% fireresist and Dismantle's lifepool.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
dovahkiin07 wrote:
I have 8k life right now with full ele resist but it I'm still getting one hit by some bosses. I see some guy on youtubee named dismantle time having 14.5k life. Can you really achieve that?

sure you can achieve that, but with legacy kaom's heart and tons of strength on gear, he is also bloodmagic if I'm not mistaken, it's not worth it tho even if you want to play in SC and spend tons of money, a legacy kaom's heart worth more than 2 mirrors, now do this, (14.5 x 0.9)/0.7, that is how much ES you want to have to have the same level damage, the number is 18.6, so you need 18.6k es, if you are playing the most popular low life guardian RF, then you get some more with you small life pool you might only need 17.5k, which is very much achievable within 50ex budget, and you have more max res/armour and guardian's super survivability.

Dismantle time did that build in previous patches, back then low life RF is not a thing at least not a top build, and also because he want to show his legacy kaom's heart
"
Bars wrote:

The interesting part is, I had a Bameth spawn in a Pit map recently and I didn't even feel the explosions, perhaps it's because it was a low-tier map and I have fortify + arctic armour.

I think that's just the 2.6 AoE nerf. DD doesn't overlap nearly as much as before.

You can also notice it on DD strongboxes, don't need to summon beyond bosses. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

The interesting part is, I had a Bameth spawn in a Pit map recently and I didn't even feel the explosions, perhaps it's because it was a low-tier map and I have fortify + arctic armour.

I think that's just the 2.6 AoE nerf. DD doesn't overlap nearly as much as before.

You can also notice it on DD strongboxes, don't need to summon beyond bosses. ;)

On further reflection, it might have been mostly because of the Gladiator's passive which makes bleeding enemies explode. It destroys corpses, I think? Not much bodies left for Bameth to work with.

About DD boxes, this is something I'm NOT going to be playing around with in HC, no thanks.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 6, 2017, 4:26:58 AM
"
Bars wrote:
About DD boxes, this is something I'm NOT going to be playing around with in HC, no thanks.

They did something to boxes, if I remember right they don't even use VDD anymore, it's almost completely harmless now. Maybe it will nick you a bit harder in very high maps but not before.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

They did something to boxes, if I remember right they don't even use VDD anymore, it's almost completely harmless now. Maybe it will nick you a bit harder in very high maps but not before.

Really? So I can actually open boxes without identifying first now? Good to know.

#clearspeedmeta

hehehehe
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

Really? So I can actually open boxes without identifying first now? Good to know.

#clearspeedmeta

hehehehe

Doesn't everyone do that? Pop a anti-freeze flask, click on box, movement skill away and then kill everything. Melee or ranged doesn't matter, it's just a way to get out of ice nova/DD/explode/chaos cloud. Other than diviners I haven't IDed a box in a long time.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

#clearspeedmeta

hehehehe

Doesn't everyone do that? Pop a anti-freeze flask, click on box, movement skill away and then kill everything. Melee or ranged doesn't matter, it's just a way to get out of ice nova/DD/explode/chaos cloud. Other than diviners I haven't IDed a box in a long time.

I have an ingrained habit of identifying because of DD boxes, just to be on the safe side.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info