Burn/poison/bleed double dipping changes will open new possibilities

After reading it, I thought, oh how awful those builds will totally be ruined and not worth it anymore, then I noticed :

"
To compensate for the loss of damage from the removal of "double dipping", the damage of player Ignites, Poisons, and Bleeding have been doubled. Increases to these effects on the passive tree have been boosted as well, and additional Poison and Bleeding bonuses have been added to some weapon clusters, on top of their existing stats.

and

"
Bleeding is also being changed for players so that it does more damage while the target is stationary, making it a more versatile source of damage. Previously it dealt only one sixth its damage while the target was stationary, but will now deal half damage instead.

So we will have 2x more choices, either go full base skill dmg and support its dps with bleed/poison/ignite effects or go full bleed/poison/ignite and scale it while ignoring base skill dmg.

In my opinion this will open more choices to make, and I'm happy that I will be able to choose. Also I predict someone will make super crazy bleed builds, i mean from 1/6 to 1/2 is a lot.

"
We intend that if you take Poison or Bleed bonuses in the passive tree and equip items with powerful new ailment damage increases, it will be a reliable way to boost your damage on high health or mobile targets.

I doubt it, people will still go full bleed/poison. Using it as an option of boosting damage, like 50/50 ratio, doesn't come to my mind when I look at metas dominating poe currently. I may be wrong, but we will know better in 3.0.0

What do you think about the changes?
Spreading salt since 2006
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 5:50:34 AM
I'm just glad that it sounds like Bleed/Poison/Ignite aren't being gutted. If I invest heavily in Fire Damage, I should have strong Ignites. If I invest heavily in Chaos Damage, I should have strong Poisons. It looks like they've realized that. Fingers crossed that it turns out exactly as it sounds.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
This is a great change.

Also...
Spoiler
nerfs are good for the game.
I'm more curious towards the power level of non-double dipping (melee) builds. Is this their way of saying "non-double dipping (melee) builds are at a good state?"
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
will get nerfed next patch when they see everyone kill shaper with 1 viper strike attack/puncture traps
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
"
Head_Less wrote:
will get nerfed next patch when they see everyone kill shaper with 1 viper strike attack/puncture traps

doesn't that happen now too? excluding bleed
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 27, 2017, 5:38:44 AM
Based on the manifesto, they didn't fix anything. Double dip is gone, but poison still outshines any other support gem you might get, or you take it for free from gloves/ascendancy.
I hope they buff the hell out of Puncture, they used to be a time when Melee Puncture was a thing, but the skill got punctured because of the interaction between Chin Sol and trap.

I also hope Caustic Arrow get a bit of a buff since it has been on the declin, for it got nerfed in 2.1 and drillneck got nerfed recently.

I think Viper Strike is fine, but I do not mind a buff from it. ;)
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 27, 2017, 5:47:15 AM
Ok, let's say I have 500% increase on poison and 50% more all I need to do to get my new poison damage would be dividing that by 6?

No, wait, 3? Doubled poison damage would be 100% more.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Apr 27, 2017, 6:21:39 AM
I am very happy about this. I rarely used DD builds because I thought they were really cheesy. Also, the changes to the tree and IBD are going to be humongous buffs to scorching ray, one of my favorite skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info