Juggernaut needs Buff or Change. Not because...

he got weaker or anything, but because of the fact that you get half of his ascendancy through Kaom´s Roots now. And almost every Lifebuild nowadays is using Kaoms Roots because they got really good.But at the cost of Juggernauts Uniqueness. Unwavering Stance is not a unique Keystone , it´s on the tree as well, but it´s a sub- perk for Juggernaut. You basically get half of Unbreakable and Unstoppable for free. I´m not mad about Unbreakable since you can get Unwavering Stance through items and the keystone itself, but i can´t justify Unstoppable. That is supposed to be Juggernauts thing.He is the damn tank who just barges forward and cant be slowed down.Now everyone can just equip Kaom´s Roots ( every life build will, I´ve even seen ES builds who take it so that they dont have to use chayula and dreamfragments ), and they are good to go. Literally.

Juggernaut needs a Change. He is loosing too much of his uniqueness.And yees I´m aware that I´m actually complaining about a life based item being too good.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Apr 26, 2017, 2:53:44 PM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 2:37:35 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I disagree that Kaom's Roots is anything better than a 'meh' choice in the current clear speed meta, but I agree that Juggernaut is in a bad place right now. Kaom's is always a fallback choice - I don't have enough life? OK, I'll use Koam's for a while... I'm getting stunned and killed? OK, I'll wear Kaom's for a while... A good pair of double res + life boots and 30% ms is far superior. Free unwavering stance just isn't that great.

I tried a 2H juggernaut for a while, but slayer does everything better. Plus 20% cull. Plus super leech that makes you immortal to anything but one shots. Playing juggernaut is like playing a worse version of slayer, regardless of the skill you're using.
You are ignoring the fact that with Kaoms Roots you get Juggernauts arguably Best Ascendancy node Unstoppable for free. Unstoppable means you can completely ignore freeze , which means one free flask mod, you can ignore temp chains as a map mod and you don´t have to worry about sentinel traps in the lab. I don´t think you understand how much of QoL this provides.
Many Melee builds don´t even run around, they just use a movementskill like leapslam.
So MS is important i agree, but for some builds is just not a factor.
Same as the other 2 downsides of having no resists and no sockets.
I found 3 pairs this league and i sold every single one of them within a day.
This item is valued and used by almost everyone now. Because it is too good.
As for Juggernaut being worse than Slayer, well if you like safety Juggernaut is still king.
His Endurance Charge Branch of the tree is still very strong.
It´s just that the other part that was good about him, is now rendered useless
Because everyone can get 2 essential parts of this ascendancy by paying 1 Chaos for the boots.
Juggernaut could use a buff simply because armor is pretty shitty. tack on a +2% increased hp bonus to his +15% armor bonus minor nodes as well.
"
aleksandor wrote:
Juggernaut could use a buff simply because armor is pretty shitty. tack on a +2% increased hp bonus to his +15% armor bonus minor nodes as well.

+2% increased hp? Maybe you mean +200% increased hp??
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
aleksandor wrote:

+2% increased hp? Maybe you mean +200% increased hp??

No I mean like how he has (+12% attack damage/+15% armor)->Unflinching->(+12% attack damage/+15% armor)->Unrelenting currently, Buff up the (+12% attack damage/+15% armor) to be (+12% attack damage/+15% armor/+2% increased maximum HP)

Just a small buff to some of the nodes by giving it another defense as well as armor.
^imho the Unbreakable and Unstoppable routes need a buff more than the others. Maybe some life, life regen...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Last edited by Wazz72 on Apr 28, 2017, 2:38:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info