Worth starting up before 3.0?

So..i have barely played since game was in beta. Recently got back and played a bit here and there. Game is very different from back then.

Levelling is a real pain in the butt tbh but thats kinda expected.

How much will change in 3.0? Is it worth to get into all the current stuff right now if alot will change anyway?
Best way to get back into the game if yes? I am totally lost in everything atm.

Thoughts?

/Sky
IGN: Sirshootaloot
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 7:42:56 PM
"
Skymedium wrote:

Thoughts?

/Sky

Depends on what you call "levelling". If you mean levelling to 100, well, yes, that's rather hard.
If you mean level 80 or anything around that, then this game is not for you. It's so easy to reach maps and then even higher tier maps these days that if even that's a pita for you, then you won't be happy with PoE.

Well, 3.0 at least removes difficulty levels, so you don't have to go through the same content 3x. This might make it worth waiting for in your case.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I'd say stick around in standard with your current characters, check some builds you like and play with some people to feel the current game.

And jump in full strength when 3.0 hits.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
em, if you think right now leveling is painful, then you been away too long and forgot how to play this game, and that's assuming you were good at pervious version.

either leveling or going in to endgame is superEZ comparing to two years ago, you can do T10 map all the way to lvl 93 and still don't feel like exp not enough per map, any decent build can do that
Last edited by TravisL on Apr 26, 2017, 11:20:51 AM
Doesn't sound like you enjoy the game. If you've tried it a few times and it didn't stick, it wont likely stick this time either.

I'd wait for 3.0 in your case. You'll likely be past your tolerance for the game before the changes and miss out on the new content.
"
Skymedium wrote:
So..i have barely played since game was in beta. Recently got back and played a bit here and there. Game is very different from back then.

How much will change in 3.0? Is it worth to get into all the current stuff right now if alot will change anyway?
Best way to get back into the game if yes? I am totally lost in everything atm.

Thoughts?

/Sky

It's worth taking a character to to the mid-80s or so. A lot more has changed in the last 2 years that you need to acclimate to than will change with 3.0 release - notably Ascendancies and the Atlas. Getting a general idea of how these work and how to take advantage of them will give you a lot more comfort to know what you're doing in 3.0
I say it's worth doing, just to (re)familiarize yourself with everything, get acquainted with "new" content/etc.

From what I understand, 3.0 won't change too much.... There'll be a new system, new acts, and some tweaks to what's in place, but it shouldn't be substantially different from a character-building perspective, I think.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
I'd say yes.

Re-familiarise yourself with the game and then join whatever the new league is when 3.0 comes out with a new character.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Last edited by crystalwitch on Apr 28, 2017, 7:43:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info