[3.0] - "Starchief" - Starforge A. Warchief - ~1 - 2M DPS

If any of you have been running the Tukohama's A. Warchief Face Breaker build, you may have seen my many posts theory crafting a variant of that build using Bringer of Rain. See final build guide below.

-::- My builds -::-

!!!!3.0 UPDATE!!!!3.0 UPDATE!!!!3.0 UPDATE!!!!

Refer to this post for 3.0 update: 3.0 update post
I'll update main thread later...

Anyway, the point is I've taken everything I learned from that theory crafting and have created this Starforge variant, and I am pleased to say it came out pretty nice.

First, I'd like to give credit to the original A. Warchief builds upon which this build is based:

[2.6] The Warchief - [Berserker] Ancestral Warchief - over 2m dps - Uber Farmer
[2.4] The Starlord - New Era of Trololol Warchief Totems - All Mods All Maps

@guggelhupf: u know you're da man! ;)

And now let's get to it...

-::- Stats -::-
Spoiler

-::- Skills Tree -::-
Spoiler

-::- Path of Building Export -::-

-::- Leveling -::-
Spoiler

Gear
Spoiler

Combine at minimum these:
Facebreakers + Lycosidae + Meginord’s + Warden’s Brand + Deidbell + Tabula + Wanderlust

Keep in mind that Lycosidae gives you "Resolute Technique", so don't get RT until you are ready to switch out of the shield.

Skills & Tree
Spoiler

Shield charge + ancestral warchief + faster atk + melee phys. damage + added fire + iaoe/conc

For the tree get all STR and DMG nodes. Forget resists and Life.
With this setup shield charge should one-shot most everything (except bosses) all the way to Merc Dry Lake.

Useful list of items to consider for leveling:

Face breakers
Deidbell/Goldrim
Lycosidae
Meginord’s
Wanderlust
Tabula
Warden’s Brand
Blackheart
Le Heup of All
Gifts From Above
Kaom’s Sign
Praxis Paua Ring
Mutewind Seal
Karui Ward
Daresso’s Salute
Extractor Mentis
Pyre
Carnage Heart

-::- Showcase videos -::-
Spoiler
Pit of The Chimera T16 - Deathless
*Disclaimer: I don't really run this shit regularly, and he's poison immune... But if this is your thing, I'm sure dmg output could be optimized for guardians. And I def need to do better with flasks and avoiding shit.

Springs T14 - Breach/Beyond/Onslaught

Promenade T14 - Breach/Beyond/Onslaught

-::- Gear & Links -::-
Spoiler
Let's start with the star of the show. The very lovely Starforge:

There's not much to say here. It's sick, it looks bad ass and if you get one with that crazy corruption I got and the perfect colors, it's just ridiculous beautiful ;) basically a 7L

Next is our helm:

Why Deidbellow? It's awesome! and it's dirt cheap! Just buy a regular Deidbell with GG rolls (you're gonna lvl with one anyway), buy the "Dying Cry" prophecy and complete it wearing it to convert into Deidbellow upgrade. The area effect enchant on it works very nicely. Devoto's is an option here, but really this is just better.

We move to our lovely gloves:

Why people don't use these more is baffling! Look at those stats... I couldn't believe when I plugged them into the build in Path of Building and saw how well they worked.

Another insane neglected item:

Chance to shock? Check! DPS boost on shocked mobs? Check! And to boot a decent resist... WTF

And speaking of chance to shock:

We need a bit more shock and we always use flasks, so this belt fits in very nicely. Some nice resists, some armour, and if you get one with that corruption, it's GG.

Next are boots:

Don't think I need to say much here besides: bleed immunity. There are several enchants you can get. Attack speed is pretty nice though.

For our chestpiece:

Again, not much to say here, just a lot of life.

The jewels:

Jewel stats priority:
Totem Damage > Area Damage > Chaos Damage > Damage Over Time > whatever else...

The flasks:

First 5 is what I use. Quicksilver for Uber and Mapping. Taste is a bit lower in DPS than the others, but still an option. And if you need some more res for an Elemental Weakness map or something...

The other gear:

As far as the skills and links, they're all in the items above. Not much to say, it's just what works best according to PoB.

**IMPORTANT**: Pay close attention to the level of the gems in the CWDT setup. You want low level gems, so that they proc more often.

There are some gems you can swap around:

Vaal lightning trap > Quality Culling Strike (if you want a faster Leap Slam)
Flame Golem > Stone Golem (guardians)
Vaal Haste > Vaal Grace
Void Manipulation > Melee Damage on Full Life (with Void you do dmg even when not full life)
Concentrated Effect > Increased Area of Effect|Item Rarity
*I run conc. all the time tbh...

-::- How to play it -::-
Spoiler
-Trash- Run to biggest pack > Drop totem(s) > Warcry > Pop flasks

-Bosses- Run to boss > Drop Vaal Lightning Trap > Drop totems > Pop Vaal Haste/Grace > Pop flasks

-Uber Izaro- Run to edge of his circle > Drop totems > Wait until Izaro is up and the ground plate "clicks" into place > Pop flasks and Warcry > "Circle of Exile" around Izaro. He usually won't last but a few seconds.

-::- What can this build do -::-
Spoiler
Should be able to do all content, but poison immunity in guardians means long fight.

-::- What's a bit annoying -::-
Spoiler
Phys reflect cuz your totems one shot themselves. Just recast, it's doable, if you have to.

-::- Bandits -::-
Spoiler
Oak(life), Krait(atk spd), passive

That's all there is to say... Drop me some love if you like, hit me up in game, drop me a PM or just ask a question below. And again, PLEASE try to answer your own questions for at least 10-minutes with a bit of research before posting ;)

Enjoy boys and girls!
Last edited by corosou on Aug 3, 2017, 5:40:00 PM
Last bumped on Jun 23, 2018, 10:09:35 PM
moo
nice i realy like that your are using items i didnt even know about :D

if u have the time it would be nice too see ur build fighting against guardians and maybe shaper ;)
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Last edited by guggelhupf on Apr 26, 2017, 5:30:12 AM
"
guggelhupf wrote:
nice i realy like that your are using items i didnt even know about :D

if u have the time it would be nice too see ur build fighting against guardians and maybe shaper ;)

Hehe thx homie! That's one of my favorite things to do, to go over the lists of all the uniques and find items with great potential, but often ignored.

I'll get some guardians down and post the vids soon :)

Glad you approve! and I fixed the links to your builds as you suggested. Thx for the syntax.
Thanks for sharing!

Question about a couple pieces of your gear (if I can ask)...

The Deidbellow and the Starforge have some really sweet enchants/corrupted affixes respectively. How important is it to have that specific enchant/corrupted?
"
Pracis wrote:
Thanks for sharing!

Question about a couple pieces of your gear (if I can ask)...

The Deidbellow and the Starforge have some really sweet enchants/corrupted affixes respectively. How important is it to have that specific enchant/corrupted?

Sure thing! Glad to you like.

And yeah, that's a perfectly valid question.

Everything is pretty overkill already, so they are just nice to have. The Star I hadn't even considered that enchant, I just got lucky I saw it as I was looking for one with already the right colors I needed.
damn....looks nice. shall i switch....shall i not...shall i switch... shall i not... :)

thank you for your work!

"
Necronos777 wrote:
damn....looks nice. shall i switch....shall i not...shall i switch... shall i not... :)

thank you for your work!

lol... my eternal dilema ;)

thanks for the kinds words!
Here's a little preview of what's coming soon!

This is my new build called "Scourgeflurry". It's Blade Flurry and DW The Scourge claw zerker and it's looking strong strong!

Shocked Enemies

Non-Shocked Enemies

Here are my first attempts at Uber Lab and Phoenix:

Forge of the Phoenix
*Deathless, and much slower than it should be, as I didn't swap out from AoE into Conc. ;)

Uber Lab

Really excited about this one! The level of interaction that I've been able to achieve with this build and thanks to PoB is really something.

For now you can import my character into PoB. I'll post a full guide soon...

Ohh and I forgot to mention.. the 20 Spectral Wolves have Culling Strike hehe
As promised, here's the new build guide:

"Scourgeflurry"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info