Bill Nye, how far you have fallen

"
morbo wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
here is biological sex and there is sexual orientation. They are different.

I wansn't taking about neither, but about "gender", which apparently is an entirely different thing than sex or sexual orientation.

No. You are talking about biological sex and they are talking about sexual orientation. It is like chicken and dog speaking a different language.

"
morbo wrote:

Two things I know about climate change:

1.) Science has been infiltrated by leftist ideology & dogma, so being a skeptic is required.

2.) Even if EU and US, "carbon taxes" the shit out of everyone and forces people to ride bikes all day, it won't do shit, because major polluters and overpopulated countries in development (China, India, Africa...) wont do the same.

1 ) Science should be independent. If Climate change is a scientific theory, you either find evidences supporting it or against it. We don't care what your opinions are or what you think.

2 )They do care about pollution, but if you think they would do it in a way that would vastly affect their economical progress, you would be mistaken. Dealing with poverty and their economical prosperity is their higher priority.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Off Topic became Breitbart.

"
deathflower wrote:
No. You are talking about biological sex and they are talking about sexual orientation. It is like chicken and dog speaking a different language.

There is supposed to be biological sex, then gender and then sexual orientation, ie. three (3) things. Ask your progressive buddies, if you don't believe me.

You actually have biologically born men, who identify as a woman and have sex with other women. Which would make them lesbian trans-women, according to progressives and weird hetero dudes according to everyone else.

"
deathflower wrote:

2 )They do care about pollution, but if you think they would do it in a way that would vastly affect their economical progress, you would be mistaken. Dealing with poverty and their economical prosperity is their higher priority.

Well DOH!, that's my point. How are you gonna save Earth from global warming, if you get on board just EU, US and Canada? That's why people are so skeptic about this and see it as a mean for our governments to extract more taxes from our businesses.

Sure, "science away" and debate global warming, but when you arrive to some solution, make sure you can implement & enforce it across the whole globe, not just gimp the western economies with it.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:

There is supposed to be biological sex, then gender and then sexual orientation, ie. three (3) things. Ask your progressive buddies, if you don't believe me.

You actually have biologically born men, who identify as a woman and have sex with other women. Which would make them lesbian trans-women, according to progressives and weird hetero dudes according to everyone else.

In all seriousness, Lesbian trans-women sound fine to me, I wouldn't call them heterosexual.

"
morbo wrote:

Well DOH!, that's my point. How are you gonna save Earth from global warming, if you get on board just EU, US and Canada? That's why people are so skeptic about this and see it as a mean for our governments to extract more taxes from our businesses.

Sure, "science away" and debate global warming, but when you arrive to some solution, make sure you can implement & enforce it across the whole globe, not just gimp the western economies with it.

Nearly 200 nations signed the Paris agreement. USA, Russia and China have the largest carbon emission. Cut the carbon emission of those countries and it is cutting carbon emission by a significant amount. OR alternatively if these largest carbon emission countries refuse, cutting carbon emission would have significantly less impact. It is nonsense if you say USA does not have significant impact. USA would be gimping the Paris agreement and everyone if it back out. Just so you know. How many countries would still keep to their promise or break the agreement?
Regardless of your feelings on the issues of gender... that segment was unwatchable. What in the actual fuck. If nothing else, that does quite a disservice to people who *are* trying to make a serious argument for gender fluidity, or whatever else. Having that kind of cringe-worthy "musical number" shit... is probably more HARMFUL for their cause than it does good...
U MAD?
"
deathflower wrote:
Nearly 200 nations signed the Paris agreement. USA, Russia and China have the largest carbon emission. Cut the carbon emission of those countries and it is cutting carbon emission by a significant amount.

Nearly 200 countries signed the Kyoto protocol, and? Not much was achieved, else we wouldn't need a Paris agreement. The only party that is serious about carbon emissions & pollution is Europe / EU. If there is a mostly man made global warming, the world is at mercy of China & US and seeing how these two are tied in a competition for the title 'superpower', it doesn't look very promising.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 26, 2017, 12:24:27 PM
"
deathflower wrote:

1 ) Science should be independent. If Climate change is a scientific theory, you either find evidences supporting it or against it. We don't care what your opinions are or what you think.

Well the problem as you should very well know, its exactly that, politics in science. It is on both sides.
That climate change happens is accepted, whether its caused by humans or not is the part where people disagree with, people include scientists. When you monetary backing is withdrawn because you reach a different conclusion than what is politically wanted then its when we have a problem. While it always existed, I'd say politicization of science started peaking with a "documentary" by a well known political liar ("I invented the internet" AH!)

As I see it, the data is inconclusive. I do think however that its ideal that we reduce pollution.
Oblivious
"
diablofdb wrote:

[Removed by Support]

Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on Apr 26, 2017, 1:38:45 PM
"
deathflower wrote:

Technically not.
Bill Nye is Children's TV show person. Einstein is dead, he can't roll over. They are dead and you are falsely misrepresenting them.

Even if they get Richard Dawkins or any scientist to dance with the weird vagina song. What is the big deal?

I think the idiom went over your head. /facepalm

The big deal is that this video is so cringeworthy and makes me wonder if it is nothing but propraganda. The old Bill Nye videos was comical, but at least it got the point across for young adolescences to understand some of the science topics he would bring up while not trying to brainwash.

Another thing I noticed from one of the comments that pointed out on the video

"
Everything wrong with this video:

1. Nye ironically genders his audience with "guys" in the first sentence.
2. No one knows this girl from Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
3. Humans are now apparently referred to as "bipeds" which is ableist against war vets with 1 leg.
4. "World of ours" implies the earth belongs to humans, which is western chauvinism and not environmentally friendly.
5. If she has a vagina, she does not have the option of "hard"...she's stuck with "moist."
6. Her vagina does not have a voice; that's gross. If it makes a sound it is actually air escaping and is rude.
7. When she sings about her vagina she holds her stomach not her vagina. Anatomy error.
8. "Metaphorical voice" is 6 syllables and she crams it into a 3 syllable section of the music.
9. The woman is so out of shape she can't do a proper front kick her and looks like an elephant trying to walk up steps.
10. "Butt stuff" is not highly related to evolution. Any mammal that does "butt stuff" routinely will actually be selected out. It's evolution in the same sense that extinction is evolution.
11. Sex "stew" assuming it refers to bisexual orgies actually are taboo in most societies. Anthropology error.
12. This is Gerard Depardieu: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5c/G%C3%A9rard_Depardieu_Cannes_2015_3.jpg/200px-G%C3%A9rard_Depardieu_Cannes_2015_3.jpg
13. Singer declares that she will have sex with anything. And is proud of this.
14. No one is boxing in her box.
15. She recommends jerking off strangers.
16. After 1:30 minutes of singing she is out of breath. This is pathetic.
17. Sexuality is not a spectrum. See evolution of mammalian sex. The book Red Queen gives a good description (by Matt or Mark Ridley...I forgot).
18. 1:38 Bill Nye grooving is sexually repulsive.
19. No one uses a Fleshlight outdoors. It is used inside, with appropriate shame.
20. Bill Nye grooving again.
21. 2:03 Watch her try to kick. It's like watching someone on their first day of training.
22. 2:10 - Ironically tells normal people who are going about their business to get off THEIR soapbox while lecturing Americans from a position of ignorance.
23. Bagels with lox are disgusting...and so maybe her box is better than that.
24. 2:20 The face of Satan appears.
25. Ignorant non-scientist calls this "exactly the right message."

Thank you for re-electing President Trump.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 26, 2017, 3:02:09 PM
I wish atheists would return to their old-school Darwinist roots. It's as if only religious fundamentalists like Erdogan believe in natural selection anymore, while the politically correct, culturally acceptable opinions all point towards rendering oneself sterile through elective medical procedures, killing the unborn in the womb, and in delaying parenthood in favor of career until one is too old to properly pursue it.

Don't get me wrong, here: I am firmly for the liberty to reassign one's gender or engage in non-reproductive sex. I'm also against the draft, but that doesn't mean I'd be okay with no one wanting to join the military in a time that calls for war. Respecting the right for one to do something is different from being okay with the popularization of such behavior. We need people with good genes and, more importantly, good values to have children and raise them to be even better than they were. That is our future and our secular afterlife. And I fear the current glamorization of non-reproductive lifestyles and abandonment of family values poses a grave threat to the future of human civilization.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 26, 2017, 3:52:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info