They should overhaul some of the Auras (Grace, determination, ect.)

I gave my own idea on vitality some time ago plz check it https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1888330
"
Fruz wrote:

Now viatlity with flat life ???
Screw that, that would destroy couple of builds, and become the "go-to" life builds aura eventually, that would be an aweful change, I'm glad that GGG will never do it.

Not many people are using Vitality aura outside for RF builds... I mean 20 level vitality aura gives just as much as some regen nodes on the tree... its really sad. At least flat life would give life builds the option to get some extra life pool. You would probably have to sacrifice some offense to get it but thats the choice you make.

I can't really think of many builds that would be destroyed by this, but I can think of a whole lot of builds that would be buffed by this.

Vitality needs something for sure.
"
aleksandor wrote:

For example, lets start with grace: Strange to start talking about armor with an evasion aura, but here we go: armor's in a bad place, everyone knows this, there's a thread on it everyday. A big issue is that armor is balanced around the assumption not that you get your armor from gear as "average" armor levels for hits, but that you're getting Armor + iron reflexes grace +jade flasks, meaning absurdly high armor. Grace should be redesigned to help evasion users primarily without fuxoring with how GGG looks at armor balance.

I'm under the impression that you are new to the game. Let me translate the bold part into poe real talk: For an absurd amount of inventment you get a somewhat decent armour rating that doesn't help you at all in poe's endgame! Instead of using ar nodes plus iron reflexes plus a jade flask plus 50% of you mana aka. grace you could simply grab a lightning coil and would be way better prepared for the endgame. Grace is sooooo expensive it is a really high investment and don't let us forget that most AR chars (yep still out there because some ppl never learn) also use BM and therefore aren't even able to use grace (unless they sacifice a ring spot too). There are many ways to waste ressources but building an armour char still is the best way to do so. Grace is fine as it is now and if a player want to use it for his ar char it's not a grace issue it's a l2p issue!

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
grace is great if you can afford it. that means - replacing damage source (Hatred, Heralds, offensive Blasphemy) with Grace. it also works best with high lvl Enlighten when you can try and squeeze something like 50% + 25% + 35% reservation

in fact grace lvl 20 gives all the evasion a character needs, ever. playing an endgame character that is not a CI/life sponge with instant leech WITHOUT an evasion source i consider brave (or daring or stupid)

Determination.. well. it is junk. AR has sort of drop off after 10k (difference between 2k and 4k is FAR greater than 10k->12k. (note - this is not 'diminishing returns' but it just works this way in current state of the game thanks to mob damage values etc

compare Determination and Discipline. Discipline is just unfair ATM. my solution to it is VERY simple

Discipline reservers FLAT LIFE. this way CI cannot use it. LL needs a treatment too (but as a whole - this entire 'support' idiocy got far out of hand with ES values in 30k+ ranges and going up and up and up and up)

it is unnerving when pretty much every 'big bonus' out there is has 'maximum energy shield' somewhere in the description. it really just feels shitty to play life based builds seeing how many unjust bonuses are reserved for the master race

(and to hell with %ES rolls on jewelry!)
Could anyone explain to me what's the logic behind garbage like Determination reserving 50% of mana while Discipline only reserves 35%, which is the same as the worthless Vitality?
"
e1337donkey wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

Now viatlity with flat life ???
Screw that, that would destroy couple of builds, and become the "go-to" life builds aura eventually, that would be an aweful change, I'm glad that GGG will never do it.

Not many people are using Vitality aura outside for RF builds... I mean 20 level vitality aura gives just as much as some regen nodes on the tree... its really sad. At least flat life would give life builds the option to get some extra life pool. You would probably have to sacrifice some offense to get it but thats the choice you make.

I can't really think of many builds that would be destroyed by this, but I can think of a whole lot of builds that would be buffed by this.

Vitality needs something for sure.

Auras bots can run it, anything using pets can run it, widh some aura nodes it becomes already something, and it gives regen to your mates / minions.

Turning it to a flat life aura would be really, really bad.
You really think that it providing flat life would not make it a go-to aura for life builds ????? are you serious ?
How many ES users do you know don't use discipline ???

I would like to see another addition to vitality I guess, I used to think about 「%inc life regeneration」, but that could be OP very quickly for some builds.

"
666lol666 wrote:
There are many ways to waste ressources but building an armour char still is the best way to do so

That is, if you don't know how to build that char properly, of course.

"
sidtherat wrote:
playing an endgame character that is not a CI/life sponge with instant leech WITHOUT an evasion source i consider brave (or daring or stupid)

Blockbots laugh at evasion, somebody that wants to block for many reasons will prefer 0 evasion in fact.
I will assume that you just forgot to mention block in that statement.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Apr 26, 2017, 10:02:02 PM
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
aleksandor wrote:

For example, lets start with grace: Strange to start talking about armor with an evasion aura, but here we go: armor's in a bad place, everyone knows this, there's a thread on it everyday. A big issue is that armor is balanced around the assumption not that you get your armor from gear as "average" armor levels for hits, but that you're getting Armor + iron reflexes grace +jade flasks, meaning absurdly high armor. Grace should be redesigned to help evasion users primarily without fuxoring with how GGG looks at armor balance.

I'm under the impression that you are new to the game. Let me translate the bold part into poe real talk: For an absurd amount of inventment you get a somewhat decent armour rating that doesn't help you at all in poe's endgame! Instead of using ar nodes plus iron reflexes plus a jade flask plus 50% of you mana aka. grace you could simply grab a lightning coil and would be way better prepared for the endgame. Grace is sooooo expensive it is a really high investment and don't let us forget that most AR chars (yep still out there because some ppl never learn) also use BM and therefore aren't even able to use grace (unless they sacifice a ring spot too). There are many ways to waste ressources but building an armour char still is the best way to do so. Grace is fine as it is now and if a player want to use it for his ar char it's not a grace issue it's a l2p issue!

armor is bad, That's never been something I've disputed-- however, the fact that It can be stacked via Grace +IR + Jade flask to be half passable muddies the water of just how bad it is by giving it crutches.

I'm in favor or reworking armor 100%, but I think the first thing to do is disentangle it from the hoops used to prop it up.
Last edited by aleksandor on Apr 26, 2017, 10:20:25 PM
good suggestions op.

vitality is pretty nice for the labyrinth.

if you use the popular auras hatred + herald of ash then you can replace them with haste + vitality in lab (same colours) when running. move speed and life regen boost for traps. works great.

vitality can be useful for builds that want to run blood rage but struggles to get enough regen. easier now that we have marble amulets.

Last edited by kompaniet on Apr 27, 2017, 10:06:52 AM
I do like the suggested grace, but for physical damage reduction there is already arctic armour. I really do wish there was an aura which granted life though like there is discipline for es. I know there are builds with a ton of life already, but guess what? There's a lot of builds with a ton of ES too. Personally, I find it way too hard to achieve more than 4-5k life with acrobatics. Even that isn't enough to ensure survivability unless you're very skilled on red maps.

For determination, maybe increase stun thershold instead of giving physical damage reduction. I think that may be more helpful and avoid collision with arctic armour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info