PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Partly unfair and frustrating game design

What I find rather irritating is, that the majority of replies say "its your fault, learn to play". Well if you dont even try to see some point in a criticism and only call it complaining, you imply that the game is perfect and everyone else is stupid. If the game would be perfect, it would be dead, because there would be no space for development and improvement left. Fortunately no manmade thing in the world can ever be perfect and surely and luckily this game is a universe away from being perfect.

This is undoubtetly a fact: There are situation build into the game, which result in instant death of the player, without offering any explanation nor any way of figuring it out wihtout dieing over and over again. That IS a frustrating experience. Of course childish fanboys cant acknowledge that.

I realize it is this way, because many events in the game are just done by an algorithm and are not specifically designed. This is, because of the history of the game, its a cheap way of creating content, its understandable when you start from scratch and zero, but in the long run, you have to focus on design instead of random algorithmic events, because on the other side there isnt a computer playing the game, which simply executes algorithms itself, its a human being and the whole point of to play is fun.

If you cant agree with that, at least build a logging system.
Last edited by soloman_kane on Apr 25, 2017, 4:44:24 AM
"
soloman_kane wrote:
What I find rather irritating is, that the majority of replies say "its your fault, learn to play". Well if you dont even try to see some point in a criticism and only call it complaining, you imply that the game is perfect and everyone else is stupid

No, it implies that your specific criticisms weren't valid.

"
Its just the fake way of difficulty, if everything 1 shots, game is hard.

There are very few one shot mechanics in this game, and they can be avoided or mitigated.

Remember; I'm not some elite guy with 10+ lvl100 chars saying "gitgudscrub". I'm bad at this. I play ssf HC, generally die im my 80's and have to start again constantly. I get it, it can be very frustrating. The thing is, most of the time if I die, it's my own fault. I have friends who play and aren't as bad as me, and they can regularly do 0-95 in about 3 days. It isn't a coincidence that I consistently die way before them, it's just that I'm bad and they are good.

P.S; I actually miss reflect mobs #MakeReflectGreatAgain2k17
"
soloman_kane wrote:
What I find rather irritating is, that the majority of replies say "its your fault, learn to play". Well if you dont even try to see some point in a criticism and only call it complaining, you imply that the game is perfect and everyone else is stupid. If the game would be perfect, it would be dead, because there would be no space for development and improvement left. Fortunately no manmade thing in the world can ever be perfect and surely and luckily this game is a universe away from being perfect.

This is undoubtetly a fact: There are situation build into the game, which result in instant death of the player, without offering any explanation nor any way of figuring it out wihtout dieing over and over again. That IS a frustrating experience. Of course childish fanboys cant acknowledge that.

I realize it is this way, because many events in the game are just done by an algorithm and are not specifically designed. This is, because of the history of the game, its a cheap way of creating content, its understandable when you start from scratch and zero, but in the long run, you have to focus on design instead of random algorithmic events, because on the other side there isnt a computer playing the game, which simply executes algorithms itself, its a human being and the whole point of to play is fun.

If you cant agree with that, at least build a logging system.

Thats why there isnt a log system.
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
soloman_kane wrote:
What I find rather irritating is, that the majority of replies say "its your fault, learn to play". Well if you dont even try to see some point in a criticism and only call it complaining, you imply that the game is perfect and everyone else is stupid

No, it implies that your specific criticisms weren't valid.

"
Its just the fake way of difficulty, if everything 1 shots, game is hard.

There are very few one shot mechanics in this game, and they can be avoided or mitigated.

Remember; I'm not some elite guy with 10+ lvl100 chars saying "gitgudscrub". I'm bad at this. I play ssf HC, generally die im my 80's and have to start again constantly. I get it, it can be very frustrating. The thing is, most of the time if I die, it's my own fault. I have friends who play and aren't as bad as me, and they can regularly do 0-95 in about 3 days. It isn't a coincidence that I consistently die way before them, it's just that I'm bad and they are good.

P.S; I actually miss reflect mobs #MakeReflectGreatAgain2k17

I explained what i meant.

When my character that survived all hell on earth with map mods with 50% extra damage, sextants to provide 60%a attack speed, - resist, + elemental damage, elemental weakness and all shorts of shit with breach and everything with double beyond, suddenly dies to a couple white mobs the next map then something fishy is going on.
Last edited by potis on Apr 25, 2017, 5:01:02 AM
"
potis wrote:
When my character that survived all hell on earth with map mods with 50% extra damage, sextants to provide 60%a attack speed, - resist, + elemental damage, elemental weakness and all shorts of shit with breach and everything with double beyond, suddenly dies to a couple white mobs the next map then something fishy is going on.

What white mobs? I don't believe you, sorry, the situation you're describing simply doesn't happen.

Be specific; which white mobs, what map, what were your defensive stats? I have spare sc chars, happy to try it out.
Im trying to think of a death, where I didn't know what would happen and that it would oneshot me.

I disregard low fps deaths where I can't physically react.

In the end, I come to conclusion, that I knew about chance of death and yet I persisted and either avoided it through chance, or died.

Or in simple words, it was always my fault for dying and being overconfident. There is no way you don't know what you get yourself into. Face it and overcome it, thats called progress.

In this game you develop yourself and your character, both.
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 25, 2017, 6:03:32 AM
Your playing a game that has been under development for over four years, layering mechanics on-top of one another in an attempt to kill the players.

Yeah, chances are your experiencing deaths that seem unfair or unreasonable because of a lack of knowledge.

Just play softcore for a year or so and analyze your deaths without feeling bad about dying.

First start learning the basic defenses and layering of them, pro's and con's, since those have been quite static in therms of mechanics for a long time.

And remember that certain characters actually need to be willing to skip certain content or combinations in order to survive in wreaclast. Pin-pointing those combinations for your current character is a part of understanding the game-mechanics.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
You are missing a core element of the game that is not in the game.
Common mistake.

Here you go:
http://lutbot.com/#/
Itt op doesn't know how to play
From the official game description

" The World of Wraeclast
Wraeclast is a dark, brutal continent. Scarred by mysterious catastrophes of the past and inhabited by creatures of nightmare, the very environment challenges exiles who dare explore it "

The design is made frustrating and unfair on purpose, it is part of the philosophy of PoE.
So it is something we as players just have to accept. And be thankful we have such a fantastic game that is free to play :)
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info