blood rage + life regen issue

Welcome !

Blood Rage is supposed to remove 4% of maximum life per second as physical damage.
I have a permanent total of 4.3% life regeneration on my passive tree.
The problem is, that i still suffer the degeneration from BR.

To make things easier, i can confirm that isn't gear-related, since it's the case without anything equipped, nor jewels.
Here's the current tree, if you enjoy riddles : https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAQHcA4cEsQqbC2EMXwxwDHMR1RNMFSAV7BfhGF0ZtButHpQkmyb4J-0oKizpLYMuUzB3MfsyCTu2PAU8LTzvQXRDMUQNTjJR2lT-V5dZ_loaXzlfP2BBY3BkUmeAZ5toWGhlaPJsRm20bztybHKpdK52K3Z_d-N4DXloexR7jHzZfuB_44CKg1-ExITZhrOGtInYi0-UuJUklWaVzJd5mSubLZtYnlef36U1qAepbq3xr2ywq7GzsoC18rkdvYG95r6nwBrAZsEEwaPDM8QVxPbGrsjwypDTb9N-15bawd3j4mHkUecK6hjtP-9673zz3fTm9WH2o_cy90346_lj

I post this here in case there's an abvious explanation, before using the bug reports section.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Love =]
PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE EXPECTING A REPLY
Last edited by xhul on Apr 24, 2017, 12:52:57 PM
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 6:06:27 PM
Don't know about you, but I'm only seeing 3.8% regen.

Sanctity - 1%
Warrior's Blood - 1.8%
Master of the Arena - 1%

Total 3.8%

Not sure if you've got 1% on your gear somewhere or what.

Also, a side note as I can't see your gear for some reason, do you have any ES? Since that will add to the damage you take from Blood Rage.
I take it you're trying to do something that requires you to be on full life?

If so: life degen and life regen, insofar as things like full life go, do not cancel each other out. Blood Rage's degen is in effect, and life regen can never cancel it out 100% to allow for on-full-life effects because you're always losing life. I don't know if Endless Hunger can override Blood Rage, but I know the server calculates both degen and regen at the same time and applies them in such a way that you're always a point or two below max, simply because of the way the math works.
"
Tarille wrote:
Don't know about you, but I'm only seeing 3.8% regen.

Sanctity - 1%
Warrior's Blood - 1.8%
Master of the Arena - 1%

Total 3.8%

Not sure if you've got 1% on your gear somewhere or what.

Also, a side note as I can't see your gear for some reason, do you have any ES? Since that will add to the damage you take from Blood Rage.

There's an additional 0.5% between the marauder & templar areas.
Gear isn't involved, at least not directly.
As a matter of fact, i actually had some ES when i first encountered this, see my next answer.

"
1453R wrote:
I take it you're trying to do something that requires you to be on full life?

If so: life degen and life regen, insofar as things like full life go, do not cancel each other out. Blood Rage's degen is in effect, and life regen can never cancel it out 100% to allow for on-full-life effects because you're always losing life. I don't know if Endless Hunger can override Blood Rage, but I know the server calculates both degen and regen at the same time and applies them in such a way that you're always a point or two below max, simply because of the way the math works.

Looks like you're right, well at least partially.
When i have no ES at all, it behaves like you described, the pool stays static at a few points below maximum.
What i don't understand is that when i have some ES, it isn't static anymore, i can see an actual linear life degeneration.
It must have something to do with the fact that BR degens ES aswell, but that would mean it's not really an equal 4% of each...
"
xhul wrote:

What i don't understand is that when i have some ES, it isn't static anymore, i can see an actual linear life degeneration.
It must have something to do with the fact that BR degens ES aswell, but that would mean it's not really an equal 4% of each...

How's that? Life Regeneration only reads Life, while BR reads Life and ES and adds them together. Do you mean when you have an extremely small amount of ES like 4 ES, and you end up degenerating?

I mean, intuitively, all you need is 0.31% of your maximum Life as ES to turn your net regen into a net degen. That's as little as 124 Energy Shield over 4000 Life, or 155 over 5000, or 186 over 6000.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
How's that? Life Regeneration only reads Life, while BR reads Life and ES and adds them together. Do you mean when you have an extremely small amount of ES like 4 ES, and you end up degenerating?

I mean, intuitively, all you need is 0.31% of your maximum Life as ES to turn your net regen into a net degen. That's as little as 124 Energy Shield over 4000 Life, or 155 over 5000, or 186 over 6000.

In the test i just made, i'm in a situation where i have 1487 life and 261 ES.
I cast BR, ES degens until 0, then life starts degening aswell.
So, if i understood you correctly, having some ES actually makes the life degen from BR bigger than 4% ?
Last edited by xhul on Apr 24, 2017, 3:09:39 PM
"
xhul wrote:
"
adghar wrote:

I cast BR, ES degens until 0, then life start degening aswell.
So, if i understood you correctly, having some ES actually makes the life degen bigger than 4% ?

Blood Rage is 4% of life AND 4% of ES.

Whereas the life regen you have on the passive tree is only for life. You can't regen life and ES at the same time.

I am more worried about how you survive with 1500 life, you have literally no life investment in the passive tree. A strong fart in your direction and you die.
"
xhul wrote:
"
adghar wrote:

I cast BR, ES degens until 0, then life starts degening aswell.
So, if i understood you correctly, having some ES actually makes the life degen from BR bigger than 4% ?

Yeah, when it says "4% of your health and 4% of your ES" they're not mutually exclusive.

It adds up both your max life and max ES and then does degen to you based on 4% of that, to whatever health pool you have (Be it mostly health with a couple of hundred points of ES, or a Hybrid ES/Life build first taking it to ES and then to Life once it depletes)

So, any ES you have, will increase the damage you're taking onto your life, even a few hundred points as a byproduct of a couple of pieces of gear will add up for more degen.
Hehe yup that "and" turns out to be pretty important
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
Namcap wrote:
I am more worried about how you survive with 1500 life, you have literally no life investment in the passive tree. A strong fart in your direction and you die.

1500 life too low ?
Are low life builds not popular anymore ?

"
Tarille wrote:
Yeah, when it says "4% of your health and 4% of your ES" they're not mutually exclusive.

It adds up both your max life and max ES and then does degen to you based on 4% of that, to whatever health pool you have (Be it mostly health with a couple of hundred points of ES, or a Hybrid ES/Life build first taking it to ES and then to Life once it depletes)

So, any ES you have, will increase the damage you're taking onto your life, even a few hundred points as a byproduct of a couple of pieces of gear will add up for more degen.

Exactly what i needed to hear, thanks a lot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info