Account "linking" with Xbox issue (just need a 1 time transfer)

I get it... The accounts should not be linked in a way that you can share loot, toons, and MTX at anytime. I completely agree with you (GGG) on this. but...

I do think a one time transfer is the right thing to do. I would love to stay on PC but I have a group of Xbox friends that I will be playing this with and rebuying all my MTX seems absurd.

Smite allowed a ONE time transfer of MTX to Xbox at release only so we know it can be done. PLEASE consider this GGG!
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 8:39:58 PM
It's probably literally impossible, whether for technical reasons or because Microsoft won't let GGG.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
You don't need to buy MTX at all. Really.
Besides, if GGG are smart (and they are) I would anticipate that the launch league for X1 will have a number of associated challenges with some very cool MTX as the reward. It's a good way to get people to be early adopters, shiny free stuff that is limited and exclusive.

Fret not, you will look pretty enough at the X1 ball :)
"
viperesque wrote:
It's probably literally impossible, whether for technical reasons or because Microsoft won't let GGG.

As a Data Architect, I've never understood the whole cross-console difficulty that online games have continually had when being across console or console and PC.

From a database/model standpoint, there's no technical barrier that wouldn't allow for games across consoles to interact with one another. While the client-side software would be different, for most online games the client-side software is nothing more than a "dummy" client that's only responsible for the view/presentation - while it sends and receives requests back from (hopefully) a standardized API.

So I guess, then, those restrictions must be attributed to some legal/agreement matter with the console maker.
Last edited by Elynole on Apr 24, 2017, 4:27:49 PM
"
Elynole wrote:
So I guess, then, those restrictions must be attributed to some legal/agreement matter with the console maker.

MS want a slice of the MTX, one they would not get if they offered the transfer...literally tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of MTX that they won't benefit from, from MS's view point it would be better for them to stipulate not allowing it to reap what profits the can.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Elynole wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:

As a Data Architect, I've never understood the whole cross-console difficulty that online games have continually had when being across console or console and PC.

From a database/model standpoint, there's no technical barrier that wouldn't allow for games across consoles to interact with one another. While the client-side software would be different, for most online games the client-side software is nothing more than a "dummy" client that's only responsible for the view/presentation - while it sends and receives requests back from (hopefully) a standardized API.

They have said they won't be the same game at all. Different sets of skills and some skill that will just operate different. Also a different interface.

It is not just a port of the same code to a different platform requiring a few tweaks and a recompile.
"
Sllew wrote:
I get it... The accounts should not be linked in a way that you can share loot, toons, and MTX at anytime. I completely agree with you (GGG) on this. but...

I do think a one time transfer is the right thing to do. I would love to stay on PC but I have a group of Xbox friends that I will be playing this with and rebuying all my MTX seems absurd.

Smite allowed a ONE time transfer of MTX to Xbox at release only so we know it can be done. PLEASE consider this GGG!

What if i told you xbox will be single player only
Far better responces here than I expected. Great points everyone. I forgot about the whole "different game" thing. We will see how that turns out I guess.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info