Unkillable bosses?

I just spent probably half an hour trying to kill Sallazzang with my lightning witch. My main skill is Arc and the tooltip reads 10k - 19k damage depending on how many of my buffs and frenzy charges were up and I'm also using Lightning Penetration. The problem was he could heal way faster with his corpse devouring than I could hurt him. I know he has lightning resistance, but I should at least be able to hurt him.

I remember have some trouble with Fairgraves in Mao Kun some months ago. My Righteous Fire marauder with ~6k like and Elemental Equilibrium and Flammability couldn't put a dent in him.

What's really frustrating is that there's nothing like the Arreat Summit for this game. When you run into trouble it's almost impossible to know whether you need to invest more in armour vs evasion vs energy shield vs life vs resistance or more penetration vs raw damage.
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 5:48:25 PM
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sallazzang

Sallazzang summons Devourers every few seconds. He can consume corpses to regain health. When Sallazzang is killed the summoned devourers will die automatically.
This boss is a DPS check. With low DPS (and 20k is low for T10 map) he is unkillable, indeed.
You need something like 50k dps minimum to kill that guy, it's ridiculous.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Or be clever and remove his corpses by using devouring totem or smth.
Temp chain curse also helps a bit to slow him down.

E: FCK42 - goood idea indeed:)

Last edited by Rakiii on Apr 24, 2017, 4:32:10 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
Or be clever and remove his corpses by using devouring totem or smth.
Temp chain curse also helps a bit to slow him down.

Another idea would be a spell totem with any kind of offering, that should be even faster in getting rid of corpses.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
kjykjy1985 wrote:
I just spent probably half an hour trying to kill Sallazzang with my lightning witch. My main skill is Arc and the tooltip reads 10k - 19k damage depending on how many of my buffs and frenzy charges were up and I'm also using Lightning Penetration. The problem was he could heal way faster with his corpse devouring than I could hurt him. I know he has lightning resistance, but I should at least be able to hurt him.

I remember have some trouble with Fairgraves in Mao Kun some months ago. My Righteous Fire marauder with ~6k like and Elemental Equilibrium and Flammability couldn't put a dent in him.

What's really frustrating is that there's nothing like the Arreat Summit for this game. When you run into trouble it's almost impossible to know whether you need to invest more in armour vs evasion vs energy shield vs life vs resistance or more penetration vs raw damage.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki
U MAD?
"
I'm well aware of that site and I use it all the time. It just doesn't go into the amount of detail I would like. A while back I was trying to get stats on various end-game enemies and bosses to see things like how armour vs evasion I should focus on or how much I would benefit from resistance to critical strikes or increased max elemental resistance or how beneficial something like the Inquisitor's Inevitable Judgement is. But that kind of data doesn't seem to be out there. Compare that to the Arreat Summit: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-baal.shtml.
There is no such resource because GGG simply doesn't provide this kind of data to the players.
"
There is no such resource because GGG simply doesn't provide this kind of data to the players.
I know that and I see it as a problem. Knowing Baal in D2 has half a million HP, 50% resistance, and can do 266 damage affects how I might build my character. In POE, when you can handle most monsters just fine, but run into a boss that can kill you in one or two hits, it leaves you with some obvious questions. Do I need more armour? If so, how much more? Is there an elemental component to his attack? What's the exact composition? Did he score a critical strike? How much evasion would it take to give me a reasonable chance to avoid his attacks?
Of course I can come onto a forum like this and ask people what kind of numbers they're working with, but it would be nice if there were a way to figure it out on my own short of constantly retooling level 80+ characters. And it doesn't help if people constantly disagree with each other.

Now back to this:
"
This boss is a DPS check. With low DPS (and 20k is low for T10 map) he is unkillable, indeed.
Well, I only reach 19k when I'm at full frenzy charges and whatnot, but this seems really unreasonable to me. I have a level 19 Arc in a five-link and I usually favor damage nodes over survivability more than most people seem to. One thing I haven't invested in is critical strikes because I was planning on using Controlled Destruction (though it's the odd one out in my mere five-link). I'm considering getting the Elemental Overload keystone so I can basically get the same effect as long as I crit every 8 seconds and save myself a socket (Seriously, is there a reason more people don't do this?). In any case, I don't see any of that pushing me significantly past 20k. I fell like I would need a six-link, level 21 gems, a level 4 Empower, and a bunch of other high-end stuff. This seems absurd considering how much more accessible T10 maps are than those things (Zana just flat out sells T11 maps). It also puts me in a bind because I don't know how I'm supposed to get those things without... ...venturing into high level maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info