Developer Q&A - Answers Part 5

My question skipped... :(
"
Yes, we plan a hideout revamp at some stage when we get time. There are a few cool hideout tilesets that will be available for sale alongside the ones that are currently offered by Masters in game.

Really looking forward to this. Hoping for a "warm sunshine / nature" hideout, similar to Lair map. Lush is really nice but the "silver light" makes it a bit "cold" and Character MTX often don't look that appealing in it - this is actually the same for Vagan HO for example as far as I remember.

Would be nice if we were able to adapt the light on our own / choose between a few options per hideout. Dunno how much work that would be.

No complaints though, everything is fine even as it is now :)
Be glad that you did listen to the players and added the loot allocation system. I get that you wanted FFA loot, and thats still an option for players of a like mind that are competitive like that. But you must concede (as you did back then) that the vast majority do not like being pressured to snag loot all the time.

1) It discourages playing with random people whom will snag every single drop (and even when with friends, you would still dash for an exalt or higher ruthlessly)
2) It draws focus away from combat in mobs
3) It would have created a barrier for new players as many would be hesitant to play such a competitive game / might get frustrated and leave
4) It gives a clear advantage to anyone who nukes movement speed to the max
5) It would have resulted in unbalanced markets of what people can afford
6) It would have negatively impacts on community and create toxicity because it is not an optional feature

Yes I obviously don't speak for everyone but I can definitely say that personally I would almost never party with people without the loot allocation because I want to play, not be distracted by every piece of loot that ever drops to see "is it good?". Sure I play delayed sometimes but that's mostly when there's someone who doesn't pick up some/all of their loot.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
GGG wrote:
Are we going to see any updates to the minimap in the near future?

Yes.

I'd like to see an indicator on the minimap (or overlay map) that reveals those last few pesky mobs when you use /remaining. The more mobs, the larger each individual point is so it's just a blob when the map is full, but with only a few remaining (below 50'ish) it'll tell you where to go hunting if you want a full map clear.

Further visual triggers are needed for filters... such as a vertical illumination spike (similar to the one used in Diablo III) to call your attention to a valued drop. Likewise a small indicator on the small map as to which direction the item dropped if it's off screen. This should be limited to specific named items, such as an exalt, or rarities, such as uniques.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Question: how can a company with such incestuous structures in the development survive for so long?

or in other words: when is the person responsible for the utter lack of game development (Wilson) and single-handedly holding the entire project back getting SACKED ALREADY?!

I mean George Lucas had nothing on this guy... holy hell!
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Hearing about cyclone updates which hopefully is a free moving update and that a league is also dropping....dayme!
Thank's for transparency guys, u make such a good job, plz never let this game lost like some other, diab.. etcetc
Definitively best hack and slash ever made.
"Why don't you make inventory bigger x1.5 or x2 size? Current inventory is sort of old diablo mechanic, today there is no pros from it.

The constrained inventory with large items is vital because it gives items weight and makes them feel important. They aren't just a list of thousands of things you carry around, but actual space-filling equipment that has an opportunity cost. It's also used in the pacing of how often return trips to town are, as a clue for how much stuff to truck back to the vendor, and a way to limit the item output of maps. It's definitely something that many players (and other developers) would change in a heartbeat, but that doesn't mean that such a change would be correct. "

I used to agree with this.. but due to the path you've taken the game I no longer do.. now many builds need to carry around multiple flasks and gems to be able to handle different situations.. You've added more and more "currency" items to the game that we need to pick up.. it used to be maps.. now there's league stones, essences, various coins and other stuff.. there's too many different types of items.. so either gives us special slots in the inventory that these go into, or expand the damn thing..
generally dangerous
"
philosoaper wrote:
now many builds need to carry around multiple flasks and gems to be able to handle different situations.. You've added more and more "currency" items to the game that we need to pick up.. it used to be maps.. now there's league stones, essences, various coins and other stuff.. there's too many different types of items.. so either gives us special slots in the inventory that these go into, or expand the damn thing..

This. 264% more items since launch. Same inventory size. And that's not including sealed prophecies.

I hope GGG is listening.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1883859

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 24, 2017, 1:01:34 PM
Can we have an option to retain the preexisting minimap from diablo 2? I don't see the issue with this, at least for veteran players such as myself.
No one cares about standard. It's literally a recycle bin, just press empty.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info