(READ FIRST)Can we please get a way to retrieve lost EXP? ;-;

EDIT: ORIGINAL IDEA IS HERE https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1886167

Like pretty please?

Grinding the whole weeknd and then lose all the hardwork because of a lagspike or some OP mob mod you didn't notice is really demotivating...

Why don't we make it like...you lose exp but then if you kill the mob who killed you get the exp you lost back??? There was a thread that suggested something like this a while ago, the guy proposed the idea that the mob which killed u would become stronger (would stack if he killed you again) <- we can make this only apply to normal-magic-rare mobs so Atziri and Shaper don't get too OP

This way you'd still be punished for dying BUT you'd never lose your hardwork in a unfair way...

Please...
Last edited by UltimateForm on Apr 24, 2017, 2:55:39 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2017, 8:59:19 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Lost xp is the price you pay for dieing. There has to be a risk to PoE oyherwise it would be all offensive builds (glass cannons) and super boring. That's why you should wait until you just level to take on Malachai, Izaro, Atziri, Guardians, Shaper, or any other death trap boss so if you die you don't lose 10%.

GGG will never change this. It is working as intended.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 23, 2017, 12:58:08 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Lost xp is the price you pay for dieing. There has to be a risk to PoE oyherwise it would be all offensive builds (glass cannons) and super boring. That's why you should wait until you just level to take on Malachai, Izaro, Atziri, Guardians, Shaper, or any other death trap boss so if you die you don't lose 10%.

GGG will never change this. It is working as intended.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be a punishment for dying?

Did you read the post? And I explicitly said it wouldnt have to apply to unique monsters.....
I suggest playing D3 if you can not stand the exp loss. ;)
"

People please read what I wrote - I'm not saying EXP loss should be removed! JFC
"
UltimateForm wrote:
"

People please read what I wrote - I'm not saying EXP loss should be removed! JFC

Being able to get back the full 10% lost by killing one mob is indeed removing XP loss in essence...
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
UltimateForm wrote:

Being able to get back the full 10% lost by killing one mob is indeed removing XP loss in essence...

No it's not, you still lost it.

And there is the chance of being double penalised if you die to the same mob again trying to get the experience back. And lets be frank, if you got one shot (which is 99.999% of deaths these days) there is a high risk to get one shot again if you try that mob again. Elemental reflect using an elemental player, VB using melee, an essence monster with crazy mods, an end of map boss with hard map mods etc etc.

As for the argument that the exp loss penalty stops zerging. Complete BS imo. The exp loss PROMOTES zerging. "Exp loss? Well stuff that, I'll get to lvl 90 then I'll just zerg content so it doesn't bother me anymore."
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
UltimateForm wrote:
"

That one mob is now stronger and you don't get it...If you can easily kill it, it means you didn't deserve to die by him in the first place...IN MY OPINION

and
I think I did not explain myself well...

The idea here is to be able to bypass unfair deaths - if the death was fair you'll have an hard time getting the exp back - if you succeed, it means either:
1 - You improved your skills, since you defeated a stronger version of what killed you
2 - Your death was unfair and the mob just got lucky due to stuff like lag for example

If you can't get the exp back it means you're not ready to fight for this monster, meaning you need to go improve yourself before you can face him

NOW READ THIS PART VERY CAREFULLY - THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO UNIQUE MONSTERS! IF YOU GET KILLED BY A UNIQUE MONSTER U LOST THE EXP FOR GOOD

If you're having issues killing map fodder then you're not ready for this map.

With this idea the player - instead of probably rage quiting - would have another mindset which would be "Alright challenge accepted" < because he'd know there was still a chance for him to get back what he lost

(I'm not saying we shouldn't have a punishment for dying, I'm just saying give ppl a second chance when deaths have probability of being unfair, I'm sorry if this would ruin your game)
Last edited by UltimateForm on Apr 23, 2017, 5:26:24 PM
Hmm. You even say in the original post "lag spike or some OP mob mod you didn't notice". You mean and OP mob mod that is 100% your own fault for not noticing? That sounds like something you should be punished for. I'm an elitist dickwad, I know, but the reality of every thread about how the XP penalty is unfair etc. is that it always just comes across, no matter how complex the proposed change may be, as "I lost XP, and I don't want to do the work to grind it back". The other thing is that the people who want the XP penalty removed or lessened are rarely even at a point where XP is a major chore to get in the first place (the 95+ push, where the real penalty is).

XP loss has been a part of arpgs for a long time. Remember that game D2 that PoE is a "spiritual sequel to"? When you died in Hell, you lost XP. That is the way it is in lots of games, even other newer games. It is shitty, and annoying when people say "D3 might be more your style", but to a certain degree... they may be right. PoE has already done nothing but become more and more "accessible" to the not-at-all-a-no-lifer. This would be a prettttty massive step in the wrong direction.

Fortunately, I don't think it will ever be a change that we see.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Hmm. You even say in the original post "lag spike or some OP mob mod you didn't notice". You mean and OP mob mod that is 100% your own fault for not noticing? That sounds like something you should be punished for. I'm an elitist dickwad, I know, but the reality of every thread about how the XP penalty is unfair etc. is that it always just comes across, no matter how complex the proposed change may be, as "I lost XP, and I don't want to do the work to grind it back". The other thing is that the people who want the XP penalty removed or lessened are rarely even at a point where XP is a major chore to get in the first place (the 95+ push, where the real penalty is).

XP loss has been a part of arpgs for a long time. Remember that game D2 that PoE is a "spiritual sequel to"? When you died in Hell, you lost XP. That is the way it is in lots of games, even other newer games. It is shitty, and annoying when people say "D3 might be more your style", but to a certain degree... they may be right. PoE has already done nothing but become more and more "accessible" to the not-at-all-a-no-lifer. This would be a prettttty massive step in the wrong direction.

Fortunately, I don't think it will ever be a change that we see.

I understand what you're saying and I understand that you think like that but I'm not suggesting EXP penalty removal - I'm just suggesting a tweak when death is caused by minor mobs and it doesn't have to be the full exp lost regained, it can be like 60% of exp lost gained back, it can even be 30% - I just wish it be in a way that it doesn't feel plain unfair when you lose your whole day's work due to some stupid reason like lag.

And, you don't just kill the mob and its done...the mob is stronger now...It's not easy to get the exp back...and if the mob is OP and I didn't notice him, next time he'll be even more OP and that's my fault and now I'll have to work even harder to get the exp back - What's the difference? The difference is if you get killed by random screen freeze or lag and not by the mob's power - your work won't be in vain

(I must point out again this is just my suggestion based on my opinion, forums are still too violent for me)
Last edited by UltimateForm on Apr 23, 2017, 6:32:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info