Should chaos resistance be made more accessible?

I'd personally argue that Elemental Resists should be made LESS accessible.

Like, get over expecting everyone to cap resists and make them valuable, rather than necessary.

That way, you add options for building, where if you know what content you're going for you can prepare for it. For example "Oh this map has Enemies do X% damage as Fire, better grab a Ruby Flask and a Ruby Ring!" or "I'm heading to Esh's Domain... Better grab my Topaz Flask!" then for standard mapping you'd have to expect multi elements so you'd likely take a Bismuth Flask and Prismatic Rings.

Instead of now where it's "Enemies do X% damage a- I don't actually care to be honest" and where some people even go for the 169% resist to even ignore Elemental Weakness maps.

On top of this it also means that all the BS high elemental damage that is the main factor for end-game RIPs, has no counterplay. You've already capped your resists, so there's nothing you can do. No building around it, no min-maxing your gear with specific resists in mind (Without losing your EHP), no decision to maybe try and run an Aura or 2 etc...

Not to mention what it does to the average player when a Unique drops: "Oh this looks pretty cool! Wait... Nevermind, it's not loaded up with Resists. Welp, vendor trash it is!"

So yeah... I advocate, making resists less abundant overall and then balancing around not everyone being capped.

Then to deal with CI, give it an actual downside. Like maybe less Ele resists. So you ignore an entire damage type, but all the others hit you harder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info