90% of Science is a load of bullshit

Did you know if the earth was flat we would still have night and day and all seasons?
Did you know that the majority of what is said and done are theories not actual fact/proof?
Did you know climate change is a theory not really a fact?
Did you know many well renowned scientists don't understand math?
Did you know Scientists love to manipulate data?

Stop believing what Science puts forth and start believing in making the world better... You don't need science to do so.

Edit: So let's begin...

A flat earth possible here's a video I found that pretty logical.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-RIBO7VB0VE

Let's counter this video with this one:

https://youtu.be/RX4g7y3i19o

Spoiler
I know I just blew your mind

That's my first example of how easily humans are manipulated through science...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Apr 23, 2017, 10:25:38 AM
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 10:14:33 AM
Amongst the greatest minds and their respective school of thoughts like Aristotle, Thales and Socrates, Confucius and Sun Tzu, Pascal and Marechal, Bakunin and Darwin, there is also the solwitch school of thought which is unique in its own way, funny, often smart or witty too, and sometimes just serious enough to put us under the strenuous process that often is thinking.

And when i saw the opening post i couldn't help my self but to quote one of the greatest minds of the modern era Lazarus on his magnificent work about war and inner-self issues and philosophies in 2008 called Tropic Thunder:

"Everybody knows you never go full r****d" - Kirk Lazarus, 2008

So, the philosophical question at this stage, is why did you? This cant be considered trollish either funny in any part of the world, unless some incident in murica was the inspiration of this (murica contrary to the popular belief is not the center of the world btw)

i)Did you know if the earth was flat we would still have night and day and all seasons?
-The point in this? Anything that massive would collapse into a ball-ish shape due to gravity anyway.

ii)Did you know that the majority of what is said and done are theories not actual fact/proof?
-Actually EVERYTHING is a theory in the first stage and then with experiments there are two possible outcomes, theory is a bust and theory is solid as fuck. In the first case the process begins again with different parameters, new ideologies and info to see if a slightly changed theory can be valid. If the theory is indeed valid then the theory becomes a fact, actuality in other words reality as we can understand it, till the point a new theory and its experiments prove the previous one wrong, outdated etc, in which case we learn a new reality.

iii)Did you know climate change is a theory not really a fact?
-Tell that to the Netherlands and the Maldives

iv)Did you know many well renowned scientists don't understand math?
-If their field of specialization requires math that's highly improbable. But for social sciences math are usually not even required, anthropologists, archaeologists, psychologists, sociologists not knowing math isn't even in the basics for some of those.

v)Did you know Scientists love to manipulate data?
-Do you know who loves to manipulate data? People, scientists are people. And maybe at some point due to the lack of information and education or even laws indeed some tried to manipulate data for their own prosperity (Tesla-Edison, various archaeologists or tomb pillagers most commonly, "doctor" Dipak Das etc). But in general (the vast majority to be honest) scientists follow standard codes of scholarly conduct and ethical behavior in professional scientific research.

Oh poor murica, once a place of dreams now a trumpland of ignorance, but hey : "Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray, 1742
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
Amongst the greatest minds and their respective school of thoughts like Aristotle, Thales and Socrates, Confucius and Sun Tzu, Pascal and Marechal, Bakunin and Darwin, there is also the solwitch school of thought which is unique in its own way, funny, often smart or witty too, and sometimes just serious enough to put us under the strenuous process that often is thinking.

And when i saw the opening post i couldn't help my self ...

Apparently you dont come to off topic enough. If you did you would have learned to filter out every solwitch thread automatically.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
solwitch wrote:
Stop believing what Science puts forth and start believing in making the world better... You don't need science to do so.

"Stop believing in scientists and start believing in that random person on the internet with no basis for his/her claims"

This post is basically cynicism based on hearsay.

You don't need science to make the world a better place? You also don't need a hammer to put a nail on a board, you can use your own head, with some training I think you can definitely do it! I won't guarantee that it's easier, but you should try out and reach your own conclusions! ;D
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

Apparently you dont come to off topic enough. If you did you would have learned to filter out every solwitch thread automatically.

Someone actually made a tool for hiding his threads so you don't even see them, but I've been unable to find it since I changed computers :(
"
solwitch wrote:
90% of Science is a load of bullshit

When you researched this subject would you say the data that gave you the figure of 90% is part of the 10% of science that isn't bullshit or the 90% that is ? ...
90% of solwich threads are scientifically proven
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
MonstaMunch wrote:
"
SkyCore wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

Someone actually made a tool for hiding his threads so you don't even see them, but I've been unable to find it since I changed computers :(

I don't think the one you're talking about worked properly anymore. Not really sure this one still works 100% but here ya go: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168

:)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Statistically speaking he may be true, no matter how OP statements seem "scandalous". Why?

Because scientific theory is not axiomatic, and maybe on the fingers of my hands I could hardly name more than few axioms in science (and I really do not include math here, it is full of them).

It is based upon reality and having almost certain probability that phenomenon will always repeat itself in same way as observed for the first or nth time. It may be theoretically 100% but in reality that is not so, it is more like infinitesimaly close to 100%.

I wouldn't call science bullshit, I'd call it reliable. If you use it, you are almost always guaranteed to have results predicted by it.

If there wasn't for that 90%, you wouldn't be able to write these threads on your pc, there wouldn't be poe and we would still be hunting boars in the woods.

Still, regardless what you are presented with, remain skeptical.

For example, climate change. I find that it is natural that it changes of thousands of years, and that there are less probably spiky changes in trends of climate. But I have no education in metereology, therefore, I will exclude myself from making any comments about it, since I haven't delved into that science itself and I don't understand it.

One example, of my field, shows how science really has advanced. There are theoretical models developed, for computational simulations that allow you to see and know properties of certain compounds/materials long before they even come to exist or be synthesized and thats all with high accuracy.

So basically it enabled us to make few hours of calculations on 10000$ pc and know that data instead of making experiments which cost in millions and need more time.

Climate/flat earth/ scientists not knowing math, it doesn't affect me in least. What I do in life won't change because of these things but other people let their lives be affected by it. It is better to stay out and grow in your area of expertise be it mental/spiritual/cognitive discipline.

After seeing so many questions in OP, I'd love to see some answers.
Spreading salt since 2006
93.8% of all statistics quoted online are made up on the spot.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info