Vault farming more profitable than strand farming?

With increase in yellow sextant price and fall in shaped strand prices from 4c to 2.5-3c,it seems to me that farming vault maps is much more profitable in bulk for anything other than vaal spark.(especially with bisco's).
With vault as only t12 map (only t11 shaped strand) and only t13s scriptorium(4c) and gorge(3-4c),u get good profitable map returns.And vault is great for breach+onslaught leaguestones with ambush /bloodlines.U dont need sextant investment which is 4 yellow and 1 optionla red sextant per 3 strand maps.Most of all it drops 2 super divination cards in ho0arder and abandoned wealth.A single abandoned wealth drop can cover the cost of running 10 vault maps with stones approx.And with a bit of quantity/rarity(bisco's and one of the MF gems) one can generally get 1 abandoned wealth drop avg per 10 runs easy,even setting aside the numerous hoarder drops in breaches.So is vault farm more profitable than shapes strand grind for non-vaal spark?
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 2:23:08 AM
People don't run strand for the same reason they might run vault. So you're comparing apples and oranges. Strand runners are measuring experience/hour... not wealth/hour. Wealth/hour is their byproduct. You seem to have your measure set by wealth/hour rather than experience gains.

People with different value systems will come to different conclusions.
Vault is indeed a very good map to farm.

my best run on a vault map yielded me 1 abandonned wealth and 3 the hoarder. i've done a little over 200 vault runs, i've not kep track of every div card dropped, but i made 4 full stack of the hoarder and a few abandonned wealth.

but i would say that it's not that insane all in all, because breaches (which drop most of the currency and cards) are really really badly placed in those maps and so far i've dropped way more exalts on shore/tropical island/strand, than in vault, so it's more of a personal choice, but farming vault is indeed pretty strong.

one strongh advice : if you don't drop the hoarder div cards every 1-2 maps, keep on doing it, if you dont and mainly drop the oppulent, stop and try later.

have fun and farm hard !

"
With increase in yellow sextant price and fall in shaped strand prices from 4c to 2.5-3c,it seems to me that farming vault maps is much more profitable in bulk for anything other than vaal spark.(especially with bisco's).
With vault as only t12 map (only t11 shaped strand) and only t13s scriptorium(4c) and gorge(3-4c),u get good profitable map returns.And vault is great for breach+onslaught leaguestones with ambush /bloodlines.U dont need sextant investment which is 4 yellow and 1 optionla red sextant per 3 strand maps.Most of all it drops 2 super divination cards in ho0arder and abandoned wealth.A single abandoned wealth drop can cover the cost of running 10 vault maps with stones approx.And with a bit of quantity/rarity(bisco's and one of the MF gems) one can generally get 1 abandoned wealth drop avg per 10 runs easy,even setting aside the numerous hoarder drops in breaches.So is vault farm more profitable than shapes strand grind for non-vaal spark?

are you aware that adjacent maps will drop too?

if you are doing vault t11 underground sea will drop
if you are doing gorge t12 necropolis will drop
if you are doing scriptorium t12 ivory temple and plateau will drop

and so on. just thought i'd mention that.
Underground sea drop is only backside,gorge and scriptorium i don't need to do ,they are easily sellable for 3 c and 4 c each ,so these are good drops.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info