Introduce something like Arena tiers

Merciless Sarn Arena is ridiculous for people who are not yet super demigods with lvl over 90 and top equipment. It is absolutely nonsense that there is just one Arena, when the spread of character power between let's say level 60 and 100 is enormous. E.g. with my lvl 86 Trickster (discharge/frost/lightning assasin) build there are plenty situation when someone is killing me almost with one click. Or I get kileld just by reflected dmg before I even take someone's 10% of HP. Not all people play the game so often that they quickly reach "demigod" complete build level.

So the idea is simple: introduce Arena tiers (e.g. 1-10). Each tier will mean characters with similar powers capable of having even or close to even fight. Every character will be classified to a tier judging on previous PvP history. So most obvious factors for classification could be:
- Arena estimated performance based on kill/death ratio
- 1v1 ranking

Anyone who lowers their ranking on purpose in order to be classified to lower arena tier in purpose of easy killing should be punished. E.g. warnings and then temporary bans from PvP perhaps.
Last bumped on May 20, 2017, 6:47:18 PM
"
Fnts7 wrote:
Anyone who lowers their ranking on purpose in order to be classified to lower arena tier in purpose of easy killing should be punished. E.g. warnings and then temporary bans from PvP perhaps.

I mean, how would you even know?
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:

I don't think such behavior would be difficult to spot. Typically one character would gradually go forward to higher tiers, perhaps with some small degradations from time to time. When someone wants to cheat the ranking system he/she would have highly dynamic ranking like sinusoid. Simulated degradation of several tiers down, then going quickly up when having lots of kills on lower tiers, then again simulated degradations.
"
Fnts7 wrote:
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:

I don't think such behavior would be difficult to spot. Typically one character would gradually go forward to higher tiers, perhaps with some small degradations from time to time. When someone wants to cheat the ranking system he/she would have highly dynamic ranking like sinusoid. Simulated degradation of several tiers down, then going quickly up when having lots of kills on lower tiers, then again simulated degradations.

"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Fnts7 wrote:
Merciless Sarn Arena is ridiculous for people who are not yet super demigods with lvl over 90 and top equipment. It is absolutely nonsense that there is just one Arena, when the spread of character power between let's say level 60 and 100 is enormous. E.g. with my lvl 86 Trickster (discharge/frost/lightning assasin) build there are plenty situation when someone is killing me almost with one click. Or I get kileld just by reflected dmg before I even take someone's 10% of HP. Not all people play the game so often that they quickly reach "demigod" complete build level.

So the idea is simple: introduce Arena tiers (e.g. 1-10). Each tier will mean characters with similar powers capable of having even or close to even fight. Every character will be classified to a tier judging on previous PvP history. So most obvious factors for classification could be:
- 1v1 ranking

Honestly this is what lvl 28 pvp is for. If you want a division you can compete without sinking 1k ex into. Still LLD can cost a grip of currency. You can also try nromal difficulty Sarn Arena with a lvl 40 char. I hear they are REALLY inexpensive to build and they can usually shit on most top tier lvl 28 pvpers.

Some elo for sarn arena would be interesting but will probably never happen. Wish there was a like 10 person FFA queue to get ranks in, that would be fun!
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
"
Fnts7 wrote:

- 1v1 ranking

Honestly this is what lvl 28 pvp is for. If you want a division you can compete without sinking 1k ex into. Still LLD can cost a grip of currency. You can also try nromal difficulty Sarn Arena with a lvl 40 char. I hear they are REALLY inexpensive to build and they can usually shit on most top tier lvl 28 pvpers.

Some elo for sarn arena would be interesting but will probably never happen. Wish there was a like 10 person FFA queue to get ranks in, that would be fun!

Spoil sport.
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"

That is one possiblity. But it sounds strange for the game like this. Typically one has a collection of builds and want to play them both farming and PvP.

This actually quite a big issue. Sarn Arena is currently unplayable in Legacy except top almost complete builds I suppose. My character lvl 84/merciless lab completed. Today entered Arena twice, result: ~8 deaths, 0 kills :(. The problem is that not everyone has enough time to exp to such highest levels. So currently Sarn Arena is a flawed feature.
Last edited by Fnts7 on May 5, 2017, 3:11:24 PM
I dont think its a problem with lvls. I think a lvl 80 with good gear could crush a lvl 100 with mediocre gear. The issue isnt entirely gear either, there are quite a few broken mechanics to abuse. Just do like everyone else, find something broken and use it to your advantage.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Fnts7 - try lld you don´t need to exp anything just take gear and play:)
Too bad not many ppl are actually pvping. It might be fun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info