SSF hardcore character

So just started my first hardcore character and decided mine as well ssf it was well.

So I'm assuming the solo in "solo self found" means I cant join parties correct?

Also any tips for leveling a hardcore character? Anything that people tend to forget from time to time causing them to rip?
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 11:53:57 AM
That's right, no parties. Also no bars, clubs, discos and public gatherings of any kind. PvP is the only social activity you can perform. If you die in PvP, this doesn't count as a hardcore death.

About leveling:

- at least 300 life per act (1200 act 4 normal, 2400 act 4 cruel, 3600 act 4 merciless)
- maxed resistances in cruel and onwards
- always identify strongboxes; don't open freezing strongboxes without an unfreezing flask; reroll or be extremely careful with detonate dead strongboxes; move to the side when you open a strongbox to avoid the instant surround;
- get some chaos resist and/or be extremely careful around chaos damage in merciless
- at least 300 life per map tier after merciless (5100 tier 5, 6500 tier 10, 8000 tier 15) - you can go lower with good flat mitigation like a juggernaut or pathfinder build)
- DO NOT hurry in trials and lab
- must have anti-bleed and anti-curse flasks in merciless, the anti-curse flask has to be a utility flask so you keep the curse immunity throughout its duration
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Any vendor recopies I should be overusing?
"
AnimeKitty wrote:
Any vendor recopies I should be overusing?

As you are SSF, you will have to craft some of your gear yourself, which is way more costly than purchasing it.

Collect all Essences you can find.
Collect and vendor a bit more stuff than usually, you'll need plenty of alteration orbs to craft gear. Do the regal recipe a couple times. Alt+Regal+Mastercraft is a very reliable way to get gear.
Level your masters.
Have a stash of shitty uniques for the 5:1 prophecy, maybe you'll get something useful in return.

Other than that, just play the game.

Choose a build that doesn't rely on any unique to work.
Even the most common ones will not drop when you really want them.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:

Choose a build that doesn't rely on any unique to work.
Even the most common ones will not drop when you really want them.

The more common uniques are relatively easy to chance, just set up your item filter to give you an alert when a white base drops, collect and chance all bases plus maybe some chance + scour spam and sooner or later it'll work.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:

The more common uniques are relatively easy to chance, just set up your item filter to give you an alert when a white base drops, collect and chance all bases plus maybe some chance + scour spam and sooner or later it'll work.

I spent every single chance orb I found with chars of lvl 87 and 92 on onyx amulets, must have been ~400.
I wanted a "Carnage Heart", a unique of which I usually find 5-10 per league. This league, I found zero.

On the other hand, I could have easily built around RF, found 5-6 RotP shields.
But if I had tried for RF, I probably wouldn't have found a single one. ;-)

I know that's tin foil hat material, but some items just decide to dodge your chars like Ninjas.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

I spent every single chance orb I found with chars of lvl 87 and 92 on onyx amulets, must have been ~400.
I wanted a "Carnage Heart", a unique of which I usually find 5-10 per league. This league, I found zero.

On the other hand, I could have easily built around RF, found 5-6 RotP shields.
But if I had tried for RF, I probably wouldn't have found a single one. ;-)

I know that's tin foil hat material, but some items just decide to dodge your chars like Ninjas.

Oh yes, there are definitely bad luck streaks sometimes. That's why you start one character or build which doesn't require specific uniques and chance for a unique you want for another build until you get it :)
I appreciate the convo you had up there! Helps a ton! I have been playing poe since the last two weeks of Essence league, kept playing softcore and kinda got lucky with finds and corrptions that I made "too much currencies" that i made 3 full chars from buying and crafting. Just like Diablo, switched to harcore for fun. So I went SSFHC and man it challenged me, found an exalt at lvl 44 (Quake), "woopie" and then died two lvls later due to bloodline mod in spider cavern, lol. But I made a new char due to finding facebreakers, went Ancestral Warchief, but I think I'm already hitting a wall at lvl 55. Resists in dried lake cruel - 70ish, I have a goldrim to help for merci, but them links are killing me. I'm thinking of trying to be at least 2lvls over a map before entering. Any tips on breaking past the need of relying a conc effect warchief to do work? (Found a 5L eva armor, but so much dex req from marauder)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info