Standard vs Hardcore - What's more active?

I just recently started playing this game much more frequently and I was wondering what leagues have the bigger / more active communities? Hardcore or Standard? Or is it about the same between them?

Thanks
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 12:40:04 AM
Temporary leagues have the highest number of active players in them.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
But even temporary leagues usually have hardcore and standard, right? Is there any difference between them in terms of player base?
Because of latency problems caused by server processing overload (too many players for too few server realm cpus) and one-shot boss death traps GGG has pretty much killed any desire to play hardcore so most are playing softcore (perm and temp leagues).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Because of latency problems caused by server processing overload (too many players for too few server realm cpus)

Ya, and it's just a massive coincidence that it's always the same top players on HC who come in first, because those problems just magically don't apply to them.

Srsly, if you're just bad like me, then admit it like me. Yes I have shit third world internet, yes I get crashes sometimes, but the reason I'm not a top player is because I'm simply not that good.
Regular hardcore has the least population out of all leagues. Less than 1% players. Not even joking.

Permanent Hardcore only.
Iirc the data published last time ~20% of players who is playing in standard, and yes ~1% on hardcore. So Standard is much more active.
Softcore has the bigger playerbase.

"
Rafurion wrote:
Regular hardcore has the least population out of all leagues. Less than 1% players. Not even joking.

Still the best tho.

We tested it extensively
I once saw another player on perma HC :O
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
I once saw another player on perma HC :O
Pics or it didn't happen....;)
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account: