What am i doing wrong?

I have capped resistences, up to 76% on fire, i have 8060 HP, i have perma fortify, with flasks up i have 76% damage reduction, i have CWDT immortal call setup, i have 100% damage conversion to fire, with 30% fire pen passivly, flammability aura on blasphemy reducing fire res by 43%, and a 21/20 fire pen gem (thats 111% fire pen), and 100% leech up at all times...

But i keep getting one shotted, in every map. Ive seen streamers facetank shaper with 4k or less HP (not ES builds), ive seen one guy literally facetank shaper with CI and no ES at all, so what the FUCK am i doing wrong? Someone EXPLAIN IT TO ME, explain to me how i get one shotted by a white mob in a tier 1 map in the same way i get one shotted by the shaper, meanwhile these other players gut the shaper in under 3 minutes without taking a single hit, or when they do its a like being slapped in the face with a feather.

Heres my gear for refrence, if somehow my gear is wrong.
Spoiler

someone explain to me why the game has chosen to jsut screw me over for no reason.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2017, 12:33:45 PM
Most streams are done in 2.5.. ive got the same problem...
Played a very similar setup last league, definetly didn't get "oneshot" even once.
Iirc, there were no major changes concerning tis setup in 2.6, and this build was definetly shaper viable in 2.5.

I died sometimes because I fucked up and because "just life" with no other mitigation is never really tanky, but I was easily able to outleech anything the game was throwing at me with Vaal Pact, and by no means could a tier 1 white mob kill me.

It really shouldn't be necessary, but if you want more tank:
*swap in Enduring Cry for Portal, and use it
*grab the 3 EC in the tree, you're right next to them.
*reroll your life flasks into seething/bubbling

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 22, 2017, 3:58:14 AM
It would be helpful to know what you're actually having problems with. Sarcasm isn't helping you here. There's no way you get one-shot by a white mob in a T1 with that setup unless you literally go AFK in the middle of a pack. So tell us what you're struggling to do and what your problem is (besides just "I get one-shot").

One issue I see immediately is that you have absolutely no life leech anywhere. How do you expect to sustain your health over time? Since you're a short-range character you can't rely on offscreening everything before it can hit you, you must have some way of getting health back. And no, flasks are not enough.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Apr 22, 2017, 4:27:02 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:

One issue I see immediately is that you have absolutely no life leech anywhere.

Au contraire.

He has freakin' 100% damage leeched as life with vaal pact, like every berserker out there.
Is the "if you've taken a savage hit recently" a reliable enough trigger? Sorry, I've never played a Berserker before.
From what I can see...

You have Vaal Pact, but no source of Leech other than conditionals.

Meaning, you've shut off the Regen you've got from passives. But have no reliable leeching. Meaning you don't have any sustain.

Get yourself a reliable source of leech and you should start sustaining better.
Last edited by Tarille on Apr 22, 2017, 4:35:33 AM
"
Tarille wrote:
From what I can see...

You have Vaal Pact, but no source of Leech other than conditionals.

Meaning, you've shut off the Regen you've got from passives. But have no reliable leeching. Meaning you don't have any sustain.

Get yourself a reliable source of leech and you should start sustaining better.

This is not an issue. Berserker works. Don't you worry. Especially with Vaal Pact.

1% of damage leeched as life. I had ~100k DpS on Cyclone, plus the projectiles. 1% leech on that is already enough to sustain most of the time, we're talking ~2k life per second, just with this.

Another 2% if he killed something in the last 4 seconds (which has ~99% uptime).
We're already at ~6k life/second.

And then the crazy 100% of damage leeched as life if he has taken ~2k damage in the last 4 seconds (anything even remotely dangerous to 8k life triggers this for full 4 seconds).
Now we have full life on every attack.
Last edited by Peterlerock on Apr 22, 2017, 4:47:35 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
It would be helpful to know what you're actually having problems with. Sarcasm isn't helping you here. There's no way you get one-shot by a white mob in a T1 with that setup unless you literally go AFK in the middle of a pack. So tell us what you're struggling to do and what your problem is (besides just "I get one-shot").

One issue I see immediately is that you have absolutely no life leech anywhere. How do you expect to sustain your health over time? Since you're a short-range character you can't rely on offscreening everything before it can hit you, you must have some way of getting health back. And no, flasks are not enough.

Well, first off, berserker, so 1% all leech, every damage type, even chaos. If i take a savage hit i gain 100% leech so thats one issue that was never an issue taken care of.

As for sarcasm, im not being sarcastic, The game, for no reason at all, randomly one shots me. I do not know why. I went into shaper today becuase i had finally self gathered all 4 fragments and figured that i could do it, turns out 111% damage pen means nothing and he took almost no damage from me, and i was constantly being one shot from almost all of his attacks. As for tier 1 maps, i suspect what kills me was chaos damage mobs, but what mob in a tier 1 map deals 8k chaos damage?

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Played a very similar setup last league, definetly didn't get "oneshot" even once.
Iirc, there were no major changes concerning tis setup in 2.6, and this build was definetly shaper viable in 2.5.

I died sometimes because I fucked up and because "just life" with no other mitigation is never really tanky, but I was easily able to outleech anything the game was throwing at me with Vaal Pact, and by no means could a tier 1 white mob kill me.

It really shouldn't be necessary, but if you want more tank:
*swap in Enduring Cry for Portal, and use it
*grab the 3 EC in the tree, you're right next to them.
*reroll your life flasks into seething/bubbling

One problem i have right now that i know of is i dont generate endurance charges at all, as for using a warcry, i cant even stop for half a second to pop up a new totem or use my vaal skills, adding in yet another mechanic that requires me to fully stop, even for a single second? I dont see how that helps me. As for flasks, i have 100% leech nearly all the time, i have been debating getting some other damage mitagation flasks, like tatse of hate, but i have no way to sustain flasks in boss fights.

This all hoenstly feels like a very targeted attack on me personally, i dont know why. But ive watched streamers play this same build and when they take a hit it literally deals them no damage, or they somehow get out of the way within a second of being hit, and when i try to move my movements always feel delayed, like im stuck 3 seconds behidn the game. Which shoudlnt be a thing, im using lockstep mode, i have a pretty high end PC, and unless theres a problem with the server i dont lag, but recently the entire game jsut feels much harder, like everything hits harder, attacks faster, my characters reaction time in game has gone way down... Maybe im being paranoid, but right now the game feels like its out to get me.
"
gubaguy wrote:
but what mob in a tier 1 map deals 8k chaos damage?

You're taking 10% increased damage, and then another 60% more because of chaos resist, so your real HP against chaos is more like 4500, but still, no mob in tier 1 deals 4500 chaos damage per hit.

"
as for using a warcry, i cant even stop for half a second to pop up a new totem or use my vaal skills
Why?

"
and when i try to move my movements always feel delayed, like im stuck 3 seconds behidn the game. Which shoudlnt be a thing, im using lockstep mode, i have a pretty high end PC, and unless theres a problem with the server i dont lag, but recently the entire game jsut feels much harder, like everything hits harder, attacks faster, my characters reaction time in game has gone way down...

So you're not really oneshot, just eat a couple delayed hits while standing still without any defense?

This is a technical issue, then, not a build issue.

But as I also have a bad internet connection, I found a workaround for this build.
What really helps here is:

CWDT Lvl 20 - Molten Shell, Firestorm
Vengeance - melee phys - WED - ECoMS
Those actually deal quite a bit of damage, so when you're standing around helpless because of technical issues, they kill monsters with 100% life leech, provide ECs, leech for you etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info