Worth to start now or just wait for the new league?

Just a simple question, since it seems 3.0 is gonna be launched in june?
Last bumped on Apr 24, 2017, 3:47:35 PM
No cost... so... worth?

It's not a simple question at all. It totally depends on your value system and what objectives you set for yourself.

If you're brand spanking new, I'd highly recommend playing in the current leagues so that you'll have a frame of reference when people start talking about changes.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 21, 2017, 3:10:01 PM
right now if you want to be able to experience past league.
I haven't really played a whole lot this league, but I decided to try one more character this league before the big changes come later. 1 month is enough time to try out a character in the endgame. I bought a bunch of items fairly cheap.
Can you please link the source of 3.0 release in June?

As far as I know somewhere in July was the targeted date.

Unless we are considering that 3.0 comes right after legacy league.

Hmmm...
"
IronSteel wrote:
Can you please link the source of 3.0 release in June?

As far as I know somewhere in July was the targeted date.

Unless we are considering that 3.0 comes right after legacy league.

Hmmm...

June-July 2017: The Fall of Oriath full release.

It is in the official webiste.
GGG has been pretty good with meeting their targets. But there's all sorts of crap that can happen to delay a project no matter who is working on it. Don't take "June/July" as written in stone.
Play now.
If you like AARPGs, why wouldn't you play now? Because fun.

Everyone starts over with 3.0, so what you do now has no impact on that one way or another.
don't start at all. this game is the closest to literally wasting my time I've ever experienced in my life

a) there is no progress (cause of xp penalty)
b) there is no progress of my skill (cause of random bullshit deaths)
c) there is no progress currency-wise (cause crafting even 1 item to a very good level is forbiddingly expensive)
d) there is no implicit long-term goal (which leaves a-c, and like I said, those are pointless to put time into since there is no progress)

I tried to set a goal for myself (farming all uniques and cards in ssf), but even that became stupid when I couldn't get past level 86 (!) with the char that had the most dps I ever had at that level and the most es I had EVER because some unlucky combination of enemy mods just spawned in front of me 5 times A DAY

and starting over with 3.0? LOL. 3.0 won't even TRY to change any of the above points. took me a long time to uninstall for good, but until xp penalty is removed, I literally can't make any progress and am not interested in playing. and that is a GOOD thing
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info