Easiest uber lab settings?

Hi all,

Yesterday I finally found and completed the sixth endgame trial, so I can now try uber lab. Lvl88 BoR gladiator, max block, 5k life, 29k tooltip DPS (static strike). Only 75% elemental resists and -60 chaos resist but physical reduction gets over 90% with 11k base armour + fortify + basalt + granite + endurance charges. I've done normal Atziri once, with one death (which I think was not knowing the rhythm properly, I think I was geared ok).

Anyone want to suggest the optimal uber lab run in terms of fonts/lieutenants/etc. for a melee life build? I'm in no hurry so happy to wait until it comes up ...

TIA,

CC
Last bumped on Apr 23, 2017, 7:21:26 PM
I skip lab days with Charge Disruptors and/or Fonts.

Other mods pretty easy. If you're scared of Elemental Damage then just don't do Idols or Essences, but honestly the damage they add seems minimal. Max Charges only thing I'm really afraid of, his Leap Slam with full Charges has faster animation than Blink Arrow resolution depending on your bow attack speed for example.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Depends a lot on the build in question and what you're comfortable with dealing with.

Most players, I believe, agree that Izaro is harder with the Dildo Bat (2H hammer) than with the sword/board or dual sword set-ups due to somewhat less spike damage, but frankly I've seen folks get gibbed by all three and I find the Dildo Bat easier to predict.

As for mechanics, generally people find the critter ones easier to deal with than the other junk. Charges/Charge Disruptors are almost universally loathed, Essences suck if you don't manage to catch them before Izaro snacks on them, and the Hex Fonts are also a gigantic asspain if you don't have a good Warding flask. Critter spawns, though (gargoyles, Lieutenants, summoning portals) are easier to deal with because nobody can't deal with adds if they're running Uberlab. A lot of folks, myself included, often find the fights easier with portals simply because you get a nice steady source of extra leech, flask charges, and on-kill effects. Gargs and Leuts are less useful that way but still not a huge issue.

I think my ideal set-up would be Portals and Gargoyles on Dildo Bat Izaro, and a third fight with NO FUCKING DARTS in the middle since the easiest way to kill Izaro is to stuff yourself up his butt so the Goddess leaves you alone. Any trap layout in the third chamber EXCEPT MUHFUGGIN' DARTS has a safe zone in the middle on top of Izaro's elevator where you can fight him without dealing with trap shenanery. Make use of it, and good luck.
"
magnate wrote:
Hi all,

Yesterday I finally found and completed the sixth endgame trial, so I can now try uber lab. Lvl88 BoR gladiator, max block, 5k life, 29k tooltip DPS (static strike). Only 75% elemental resists and -60 chaos resist but physical reduction gets over 90% with 11k base armour + fortify + basalt + granite + endurance charges. I've done normal Atziri once, with one death (which I think was not knowing the rhythm properly, I think I was geared ok).

Anyone want to suggest the optimal uber lab run in terms of fonts/lieutenants/etc. for a melee life build? I'm in no hurry so happy to wait until it comes up ...

TIA,

CC

Charges: Skip day.

Conduits: If HC: Skip day. Combines dangerously with Charges/Gargoyles.

Essences: Short answer: Skip day. Combines dangerously with Charges/Gargoyles.

Idols: If SC: Shouldnt be a problem. Try again if you fail.

Portals: If you dont have much DPS and/or have low area then these can be a problem even if you want to destroy the portals. If you have high DPS these are a "free key". 29k is low DPS for Uber Izaro. But I dont know how your tooltip relates to your real sustainable DPS.

Gargoyles: Easy if you can kill them fast enough. You need to hit the beamed one. Can become dangerous if you cant. Relatively easy key if you are tanky and can sustain your tankiness through the fight though.

Lieutenants: Usually the easiest Izaro add. The main problem with them for lab runners is rather that they accidentally kill one. For non-tanky builds they can do some damage though. The 'Bull Thorns' can be dangerous for some builds.

Fonts: Almost free key if you can sustain anti curse flask. Even if you cant then killing the fonts shouldnt be too hard if you bring 2 anti curse flasks, understand the mechanics and have medium+ DPS.

Today is Lieutenants & Gargoyles.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Thanks everyone for the replies, really helpful.
"
Zrevnur wrote:
Portals: If you dont have much DPS and/or have low area then these can be a problem even if you want to destroy the portals. If you have high DPS these are a "free key". 29k is low DPS for Uber Izaro. But I dont know how your tooltip relates to your real sustainable DPS.

Neither do I - is there a thread/script/app/site/wiki page that calculates and/or explains this? I know nothing other than what's shown in my tooltips. I have seen screenshots of ppl with over 100k tooltip DPS, but I don't know how they do that. Mine hits around 40k once everything is active (ancestral warchief, unholy might, violent retaliation etc. etc.) but that's about it. Plus another 15k or so from my warchief, while he lives. I often forget to recast him in boss fights, or don't have time.
"
magnate wrote:
is there a thread/script/app/site/wiki page that calculates and/or explains this?

There are some planner/builder websites which may (or may not be) helpful. But I am not familiar enough with them.

What helps for sure is understanding the game (especially the skill you use) mechanics. But PoE is rather complicated. An obvious first step can be the wiki page for the skill/s. But this does not necessarily explain how the tooltip DPS relates to the "real" DPS.

I dont think there is an easy way here though. Other than maybe asking in the forum for a specific skill/setup. There are various frequent posters in the forum who (probably) have the knowledge.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info