One of the reason why trading sucks atm.

"
inuke wrote:
Do you know why London is such a strong city? and England is a strong country?

Haven't had a good laugh today. Thanks for that.
"
inuke wrote:

Radical Islamist Mayor?
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
inuke wrote:

Because you're posting from 1860?
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
So you make a new thread to show all that you, as a seller, are just another one who is a part of the problem with whispers going unanswered. Nice... NOT!!!

Of course the real problem is squarely and forever with GGG not having replaced 1860 selling function with a good asynchronous trade function. Looks like I'll get a lot of mileage out of my suggested solution:
Spoiler
GGG could have implemented some way to let us go into the sellers hideout by getting a code from the 3rd party trade sites for the item you want to buy, then use that code while in game (a symbol on the waypoint map would pop up a small window to paste the code into) to open a portal to the seller's hideout. Once we are in the seller's hideout accessing the stash would only bring up the item for sale in the top of the trade window and the B/O price. We place the currency in the bottom window and press the trade button to get the item and the seller gets a new "remove only" stash tab with the currency. We're done and portal back to where we came from and can immediately use the item. No having to hunt down the seller spamming whispers (oh the damn whispers... they drive me crazy!), no spammer scammers flooding the chat channels (because we don't need to use it anymore), and we're back to playing PoE. No fuss, no muss, and not a global AH that many say is a game economy wrecker (D3 had a bazillion botters flooding their AH with bot farmed gear, it's no wonder it failed). If GGG can code PoE to keep the bots out then asynchronous trade is the way to go and it will work.

This shouldn't be very hard for GGG to code. Just add a code number (similar to a unique bar code) in with each item listed on 3rd party web site that we can copy and paste into PoE instead of the chat whisper. If between the time from copying the code number and pasting it into PoE that item is no longer available (either just sold or was pulled by the seller) then an appropriate message would state that and a portal to the sellers hideout would not open. If GGG really wanted to get more hideout usage by many players then instead of each item having a unique bar code the seller's name would be used. Once in that seller's hideout we could open the stash and see all "For Sale" stash tabs and could browse through them. If any item did not have a B/O price then and only then would the seller need to be contacted to conduct the trade. The buyer is already at the seller's hideout so no seller invite is required. This would require more programming but would encourage buyers to browse sellers wares just like in a real marketplace. Also, if this was implemented then the increased hideout usage should/would spur sales of a bazillion hideout decorations as many seller's would want to fix up their place.

I'm just tossing out a few of many possible better ways PoE trading could be and should be done without resorting to a full blown AH that many including GGG don't want. There is no valid reason GGG should have not coded asynchronous trade function by now. SHAME on you GGG!
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I'll be an ultra-bad trader - I just can't handle 5 requests per second.

Free advice - don't be too fixed on a chosen item, look for alternatives.
"
tm10067 wrote:
I'll be an ultra-bad trader - I just can't handle 5 requests per second.

Free advice - don't be too fixed on a chosen item, look for alternatives.

That is just further proof of how big of a failure trade chat and the need for seller invites to their hideout to buy an item. If buyers can't actually buy an item that is real (not a scam) and then have to settle for their 2nd, 3rd, or more choice and probably more expensive (the lowest priced item is a fake lowball scammer asshole) then if that isn't enough proof to GGG that trading in PoE is a failure then I don't know what it's going to take to get asynchronous trade coded.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
inuke wrote:

Radical Islamist Mayor?

I dont mind the incredibly stupid posts and your constant whining, but please keep your racism in check.
I don't understand why you would even bother to continue after not getting a response to the first whisper... Just find another item and move on.
U MAD?
"
inuke wrote:

I guess there is a second England?
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
inuke wrote:

I guess there is a second England?

Never argue with; Religious people, racist people or nationalists. More close-minded people is hard to find.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info