Why do empires fall?

Many rulers tried to conquer the world or at least a lot of countries but failed. Hitler, Caesar, Alexander and so on. Sure, we know why germany couldnt hold on to the conquered land but other empires should have remained whole.
I don't know about every empires that existed but if I remember right, the roman empire collapsed on itself.

Somewhere in year 300 something, barbarians attacks paired with church divide, power split (there was a western and eastern rome), and the rise of enemy nations lead to the collapse of the roman empire.

If I had to say it in a simple way, eventually they grow too big to manage and there's a power divide and they end up in an internal war. Similar to how the US came to a civil war, really.

Today it's a lot easier to control an empire as there's quick ways of transport, medias and instant communications.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Apr 16, 2017, 7:40:06 PM
"
faerwin wrote:
I don't know about every empires that existed but if I remember right, the roman empire collapsed on itself.

Somewhere in year 300 something, barbarians attacks paired with church divide, power split (there was a south and north rome), and the rise of enemy nations lead to the collapse of the roman empire.

If I had to say it in a simple way, eventually they grow too big to manage and there's a power divide and they end up in an internal war. Similar to how the US came to a civil war, really.

Today it's a lot easier to control an empire as there's quick ways of transport, medias and instant communications.

Thats a cool way to put it. Have a cookie. :)
"
sarahaustin wrote:

other empires should have remained whole

"
faerwin wrote:

the roman empire collapsed on itself.

Somewhere in year 300 something

If I had to say it in a simple way

Similar to how the US came to a civil war, really.

"
Laurium wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

other empires should have remained whole

"
faerwin wrote:

the roman empire collapsed on itself.

Somewhere in year 300 something

If I had to say it in a simple way

Similar to how the US came to a civil war, really.

What? The US may look "whole" but its very divided. Might as well break up into blue and red, Trumpmerica and Freemerica.
I meant the actual civil war of 1861...
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
I meant the actual civil war of 1861...

I know.
"
sarahaustin wrote:

What? The US may look "whole" but its very divided. Might as well break up into blue and red, Trumpmerica and Freemerica.

You get irked when threads get "invaded" by people you label as "trumpkins" but you derail your own threads... with Trump content.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 16, 2017, 10:34:18 PM
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Why do empires fall?

simple. empires are built and run by people. people are flawed. anything built by people is flawed. flawed things will eventually break down.

/mysterysolved

next?
Last edited by Darkfyre on Apr 16, 2017, 11:58:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info