Please ladies don't breast feed inside a restaurant.

sol unfortunately you avoided to answer the part that was directed to you and choose to reply to the part about the people that see public breastfeeding as inappropriate.

From what you said its the disgust factor that plays in not the actual nudity, and thus ill ask again to reply to the actual comment made for you, would it be different if a mother used a bottle feeder with breast milk inside a restaurant? Would you feel less disgusted if the milk inside it you knew was manufactured? Is it the combination of you eating and seeing that, that disturbs you? Or you would be disturbed if the swollen nipples and breast-milk were clearly obvious in a non-eating public place too? If the manufactured milk from the bottle feeder was dripping around the baby's face would you see it with the same disgust? And to take it one step further how would take a baby's burp/belch after breastfeeding and after feeding from a bottle?

Yes I've seen breastfeeding when my nephew was a newborn and it didn't bother me in contrast i found fascination in its primitiveness. And no swollen nipples neither milk was dripping while the baby fed. And I've seen stored breast milk and the color ranged from yellowish/gold to cow's white to cloudy blue/white, didn't bother me either, i was even "fuck its so fucking similar to animal's milk when their food is different for an extensive period of time". (might have to do with my experience making dairy products from goat and sheep milk for my own needs - also did that while we talk about breast-milk was disgusting too?)

I can see how messy feedings can indeed feel disturbing, especially in a place where hygiene and aesthetics are of great importance, but isn't anything related to those the same? I just say again your feelings as presented here are kinda mixed. If for example a mother breastfed her baby and spilled milk around or she jiggled her bare breast yes i could agree to your view (mainly cause that woman has no idea how to breastfeed), but a normal breastfeeding session doesn't include any of those extremes, its just a baby suckling and caressing her mother's swollen breast, and honestly you must be paying really close attention to the whole thing or sitting next or exactly behind them (in other words staring and not just looking) to actually notice any nipples and milk. Its similar to staring adults or teenagers while eating too, at some point someone is 100% going to pick his nose or make some other disgusting gesture while eating. As for the breasts/nipples showing i swear I've seen girls in pubs and clubs (even metal places and concerts) wearing clothes that allowed more boob showing than a mother feeding her baby and i'm not kidding.

So all in all, breastfeeding should be considered more than just normal everywhere, its vital. Its just that it draws the eye if you haven't seen or are used to it mainly cause of the gross sexualization of anything that has to do with female breasts. Religion, education and politics play their role on this too as they do in your and mine point of view. For example this thing about breastfeeding controversy is far more obvious in western societies where breasts are seen more as sexual organs rather than biological ones. And the social environment is what often dictate's mothers' behavior on the matter. South America, Middle/South Africa and quite a few Asian countries have a totally different tolerance to breastfeeding in general. Lack of information is what often leads to the clueless comments about breastfeeding too, and i don't remember exactly but some Scandinavian country i think had a national add about mothers breastfeeding so that people didn't find it so disturbing or disgusting cause seeing it makes its more tolerable and widely accepted as a practice even in the open.

For example here in Greece, due to Christianity and general light conservatism the majority of women will choose a room and go there alone to feed their babies, god forbid if someone actually breastfed her baby in a park or anything, they would make it a matter of national importance (i don't even want to think what would happen in countries with abysmal women's rights, something that i didn't consider before, seeing what we are actually talking about makes me happy that humanity in certain areas/countries around the world can at least openly talk such matters)

More or less it has to do with the tolerance and softness and experiences of each and everyone. Like the previous example with my friend who blocked the poop and fart thoughts in his brain, or a person who haven't seen how a sausage is made seeing one for the first time usually make him vomit, but eats it with pleasure when its served on his plate. Or other foods made from animal intestines are really gross for the average person to see them being made but delicious when served.

And before i end, because the matter is quite similar do you believe that women showing their chest/breasts freely if they want should be considered normal/acceptable or not? Like in the summer a guy can walk without a top and nobody bats an eye, but its totally different when a woman does (and the guys are usually to blame on those cases). We are at a stage were we try to hide totally normal things cause we are afraid of what the others might say or because we somehow insult or disgust them with ABSOLUTELY NATURAL behavior. The whole thing is rather too big of a talk in a gaming forum even on off-topic and even i went a bit off-topic ...

@Peng/Sarah, that's actually interesting too, though from what I've saw/read (which is nothing to form a solid opinion/view) its not enough to actually sustain a baby. Is it possible that people who go under hormone therapy before puberty could actually produced more quantity? And do they need different or more hormones for this exact purpose? Definitely something that will be a child's play as medicine/science goes forward, might even be crucial and needed at some point in the future (blame my fascination for post apocalyptic scenarios for the last sentence)

Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:

@Peng/Sarah, that's actually interesting too, though from what I've saw/read (which is nothing to form a solid opinion/view) its not enough to actually sustain a baby. Is it possible that people who go under hormone therapy before puberty could actually produced more quantity? And do they need different or more hormones for this exact purpose? Definitely something that will be a child's play as medicine/science goes forward, might even be crucial and needed at some point in the future (blame my fascination for post apocalyptic scenarios for the last sentence)

Starting HRT before puberty is always a great advantage, thats why so many teens want it. Puberty changes many things permanently. Im sure given hormones before puberty would result in better breast milk quantity. Hormone levels of trans people are the same as those of non trans people tho. So taking more hormones after puberty doesnt really change anything.
Meh, I don't mind if they breastfeed in public, so long as their breasts are covered up. They specifically make garments for this task. It's the ones who just hang it out there for all to see that are the problem. Perhaps they're really exhibitionists, and use this as an excuse?

"
sarahaustin wrote:
Hormone levels of trans people are the same as those of non trans people tho.

Nope, not the same. Perhaps "levels" of a specific chemical is the same, for a specific period of time only, yes, but those hormones are different and given at different levels over time. It will never be the same, only similar. Just try to tell women who're going through early menopause that prescribed hormones they take are the same thing. Hormones given through patch, pill, injection, whatever, are not ever going to be a perfect replacement for the real thing.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 17, 2017, 3:43:31 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
Meh, I don't mind if they breastfeed in public, so long as their breasts are covered up. They specifically make garments for this task. It's the ones who just hang it out there for all to see that are the problem. Perhaps they're really exhibitionists, and use this as an excuse?

"
sarahaustin wrote:
Hormone levels of trans people are the same as those of non trans people tho.

Nope, not the same. Perhaps "levels" of a specific chemical is the same, for a specific period of time only, yes, but those hormones are different and given at different levels over time. It will never be the same, only similar. Just try to tell women who're going through early menopause that prescribed hormones they take are the same thing. Hormones given through patch, pill, injection, whatever, are not ever going to be a perfect replacement for the real thing.

Whats your issue with women feeding their kids? oedipus complex much? And hormones are hormones, nothing to argue about that. I just hope i get mine soon. I want the damn booblets and booty already!
"
sarahaustin wrote:
Whats your issue with women feeding their kids? oedipus complex much?

Next time read a post before typing out knee-jerk reactions to it, lol. I have no problem with it. I only have a problem with exposing breasts in public. They make garments to breast feed in public that work just fine covering things up.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Next time read a post before typing out knee-jerk reactions to it, lol. I have no problem with it. I only have a problem with exposing breasts in public. They make garments to breast feed in public that work just fine covering things up.

But why? It not like its sexual. And men can be topless but i dont see anyone ever tell them to cover up. Hypocritical.
"
sarahaustin wrote:
And men can be topless but i dont see anyone ever tell them to cover up.

This part isn't true.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:

But why? It not like its sexual. And men can be topless but i dont see anyone ever tell them to cover up. Hypocritical.

Actually no Guys can't go topless in restaurant and many other places fact.
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:

Actually no Guys can't go topless in restaurant and many other places fact.

So? Breast feeding is food for a child. Why do men say something about womens breastfeeding rights? Lol, go and breast feed, then you can talk about it.
you know what..... taking a shit and peeing too is natural.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info