Trading is so full of bitter people

Wont post screenshots cause I dont have any, but here is a little story, since everyone likes to share their trading complaints and stories recently.

So a few days ago me and my 2 guildies went putrid cloister to complete some atlas, and on last boss we dropped a doctor card. I was flipping tables cause I knew it had like 1 in 5000 or less chance to drop since that boss can literally any divination card.

So, since I'm the one in guild that sells stuff and knows prices I put it up for selling for 10 exalts.

Yes, that price is 1 exalt higher than realistic price, since HH is around 72-80 exalts and varies according to how fast a seller wants to get rid of it.

1 day later a guy offers me 9ex, I simply say no thx. Communication concluded.

Today, another guy pms me and offers me 9ex and 5 divine orbs, since that was a sign for me that he really didn't have 10ex I accepted that (even though it's a bit less according to current rates, but whatever), and was lucky that the guy is a real buyer and not card flipper so he will have a use for it.

Went to his hideout, traded him (since I made my hideout available only to guild members).

Then he posted something along the lines of "this is my fking last card for the set".

I said, "oh nice, gz, you finally completed the set. Did you buy them all or got some as drop?"

And then salt kicks in, he started writing how he hates flippers and resellers, pointed at me of course, how he would never buy my card, but it was the last one remaining on market and cheapest among all that don't sell or afk or are offline.

Then I told him this story from above, how me and my guildmates went and how we got it. And that we had a deal that we are in no rush to sell it, since we completed our builds, so I put it up for 10ex.

Of course, his salt was reaching high levels, even though he got one of most sought after items in game and continued to express his disbelief into my claims, that were laid out in most polite and respectful manner.

To conclude our trading business, I wished him good luck and to have fun with his new headhunter and left his hideout.

Afterwards, I put him on ignore list, just to prevent possible escalations and I put the 9ex and divines into our guild bank with other funds, that I don't even need at current time.

And that is one of trade stories that happened today. I don't feel bad at all, he got what he wanted, I got what I wanted.

I'm not even complaining, just it is astounding how there are so many passive aggressive and frustrated people, that can't enjoy the game and path towards building your character.

If that item is to give him enjoyment for countless hours after getting it, why be salty at the end of journey and beginning of fun using it?
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Apr 15, 2017, 9:09:59 AM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2017, 12:17:51 PM
I'd tell him to eat a dick but that's just me.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
People are just frustrated, man.

No reason to make a big deal out of it. If someone's out of line, put them on ignore or dont, doesnt matter either way, and move on.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Apr 15, 2017, 8:42:23 AM
Simple, if the trade was not done you should have told him his attitude sucked, reported him and left without trading
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
If somebody is like in your description, I am not selling item to him.

:)
When dealing with real people in the real world, there's a filter on us. We know that if we're not somewhat polite, things could really go south and someone could end up being physically hurt. In the US there's an old saying that "An armed society is a polite society."

In ALL online games, there's no filter. People can be as rude as they want without fear of repercussions. We're much more honest here. But we're also drawing from some pretty sketchy corners of society. So things look different here than they do when you go to a store or a bar and interact with real world people. Nothing new.
Emotional intelligence attributes are becoming extinct in our progressive, narcissistic society. Humility, emotional control, self awareness, conflict resolution, patience, empathy... etc.

We've dramatically shifted from the richest form of communication (face to face) to the poorest (texting).

Games where you can hide behind the safety of anonymity and grow and develop a character and achieve success and rewards far easier than in the real world primarily attracts people with a wide array of social disorders.

And over time the lack of real social interaction only serves to amplify an already significant disability.

Not everyone who plays has these issues, but a much higher percentage of the online gaming player base does.
Auction House would be bad for this game Kappa
"
fwd wrote:
Auction House would be bad for this game Kappa

In order to make a meaningful and credible argument (not the hostile definition of the word), you cannot just make a declarative statement. You have to support it with proper and related evidence. In other words, why do you feel an auction house would be bad for this game? I'm sure it comes with both pros and cons, even the thinnest paper has two sides. But share your thoughts as to how the cons outweigh the pros.

Put some weight behind your words.
I Learned that this is a game...if folks are giving me attitude for not making bro deals, high prices, etc.

I just don't feed their ego and keep going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info