[2.6] CI Burning Flicker - FAST OP CLEAR SPEED!!! *Shaper and 3 Guardians are down (Updated)

Hello I am Devillian and it`s actually my first forum post so please forgive my mistakes if there are any. Here we go :)

introduction

Pros And Cons:
Pros:

Not so cheap and not so expensive build. It costs around 10ex.
Fast clear speed.
High single target damage.
Great mitigation vs elemental reflect (Total 70% Reduced Elemental reflect Damage taken).
%100 chance to ignite mobs - %91 chance to ignite end game bosses

Cons:

Cannot run maps with mod Avoid Status Ailments.
Cannot run maps with no leech
Lack of movement speed without quick silver flask
Cannot ignite Phoenix and Atziri but still viable with Cyclone.

Must have unique items

Optional unique items
Spoiler
Emberwake :If you want double dipping, this ring is a must. I have tested on minotaur and i can confirm that it works very well
Kaom's roots :You can use for permanent stun immunity but I dont really recommend it to use in shaper fight because you need to be fast time to time in there

Must have enchants
Spoiler
Helmet : Chance to Avoid being Stun (Leo level 5 craft or Essence or Scorn
Boot : 80% Chance to Avoid being Stun (From Uber lab)

Stats that you really need to look for;
Spoiler
Helmet :Accuracy + Cold or Lightning Resistance + Avoid being Stun or empty suffix for crafting + total 250+ ES
Glove :Accuracy + Cold or Lightning Resistance + Attack Speed + Fire damage to attacks + total 150+ ES
Ring :Accuracy + Cold or Lightning Resistance + Strength + Fire damage to attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage or Increased Fire damage or Increased Elemental damage + Flat ES or Increased ES
Belt : Weapon Elemental Damage + Strength + Resistance + Energy Shield

So in the end of it you must need to have ;
Spoiler
1- Capped resists but higher fire resistance.
2- Minimum 600 Accuracy from equipped items.
3- Flat fire damage
4- Minimum 113 Strength

My curent gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Gem Setup
Spoiler
Helmet
Discipline - Anger - Flame Dash - Enlighten
Glove
Cast When Damage Taken - Summon Flame Golem - Summon Ice Golem - Minion Life Support
Boot
Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Vaal Discipline - Increased Duration
Body Armor
Orb of Storm - Vengeance - Curse on hit - Flammability - Increased Critical Strike / Increased Area of Effect (No need 6L chest)
Map farming
Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Fire Penetration - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attack - Melee Splash or Life Leech for map bosses
I used 2 Oro's Sacrifice for Shaper run
Shaper: Flicker Strike - Multistrike - Fire Penetration - Weapon Elemental Damage - Faster Attack - Life Leech
Shaper`s mirror: Cyclone - Faster Attack - Concentrated Effect - Weapon Elemental Damage - Fire Penetration - Life Leech

Passive Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQFvBAcFtQceDXwOSBB7ES8RUBGBEZYTNRXXF6QbJR1PHwIhsCLqIvQo-io4Ko0rCiy_LR8ulDB8MjQ09zW5Nj02xTbYN9Q-z0kbSVFJsUuuTItMs1FHVEdVhVZIVmNXyVxrXfJfamOnbAttGW1sePl-3X8rf8aBr4RIhMWGrodli3qMNo25jb-P-pD6kyeVLpeFmyabtZ7EoS-ly6a-pyusmK-3sQWxfLQMuNC95r46vorDOsNtw-bI3MrT0B_Q0NQH18_YJNlb2jrbGtyN3Ubfbd-K4vfndOjW6QLquutj7BjsVe0_70vviO_r8NXxbPfX-Tf9bg==

Bandits
Spoiler
Kill + Kill + Frenzy

Map and Boss strategies;
For maps;
Spoiler
You can start with casting orb of storm in order to activate your 25% Fire penetration from ascendancy and repeat in every 10sec.Orb of storm also curse the enemies with Flammability. Don't forget to use your Wise Oak and The Overflowing Chalice flasks.

For map bosses from T13 - T15;
Spoiler
You need to switch your Melee Splash Gem with Life Leech and cast orb of storm next to the boss before you start flicker. Don't forget to use your Wise Oak and The Overflowing Chalice flasks. You will probably kill the boss in a few seconds.

For Shaper and his guardians(without Phoenix);
Spoiler
Get your second Oro's Sacrifice sword and follow my cyclone setup for shaper's mirrors. Use orb of storm before the fight in order to activate your fire penetration and flammability curse.
You need to use the orb of storm in every 10secs for keeping your bonus penetration active in the fight. When you stunned you need to use "The Writhing Jar" to kill worms, it will activate your boot enchant and you will get stun immunity for 4 seconds. Don't forget to use your Wise Oak, Diamond and The Overflowing Chalice flasks.

Guardian and Shaper videos:

Character Sheet:
Spoiler
Flicker Strike in Hideout 9.5K DPS

Flicker Strike in map with flask and Elemental Overload 20.5K DPS

Q&A ;
"
Do you stay away from corrupted essences since they can't be leeched from?

Nope I don't. I use Vaal Discipline and kill any essences in a few seconds.

"
Is there any way to upgrade this build?

Yes there is. You can craft Vaal Regalia with Essence of Insanity to get Onslaught when hit. Since You use eye of innocence, you always hit yourself :)

"
Packs of porcupine Goliaths straight up one-shot me... Any tips?

Use unique Pyre Ring instead of your rare ring.

I will add some more videos soon.

Special thanks to my fellow guild friends and karapipi :)
Ask me if you have any questions without hesitation and don't forget to visit my twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/devilliantr
Twitch : www.twitch.tv/devilliantr
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/selcukkeskin33
Last edited by havenofmystery on Apr 28, 2017, 2:21:49 AM
Last bumped on Aug 22, 2017, 9:22:39 PM
cool. i love it!!!
Nice build, well done.
Omg!! Flicker and Shaper kill??? Nice nice
IGN:Sucuklu_Yumurta
Threw a version of this together yesterday and it's a ton of fun.
Nice build :)
This is definitely more then what you expect from flicker. Nice build with a lot of fun...
Hi, nice build!
but I have some troubles with sustaining in maps. Can u take a short look over my char and give me some tips?
Last edited by C_T1998 on Apr 15, 2017, 8:32:53 PM
Hi C_T1998, I just checked your profile and saw that you dont have %80 stun avoid chance enchant on your boot and 20-35% stun avoid chance craft on your helmet. When you get those, you wont be stun for 4 seconds each time when you kill an enemy.

Thank you for following my build and let me know if you have any other question :)
Hello! Couple of questions for you.

You have 4 jewels listed as 'examples', however you have likely only have 2 jewel sockets to place them in. In addition to this, you did not link 'Energy from Within' which is likely the jewel in your socket near the melding wheel. If this is the case, it is not listed, and we still have a mystery about your thoughts on socketing all of these jewels. Currently, the build only has 2 sockets for these rare jewels if you do in fact run EfW near melding.

Combined: with the 4 jewels you listed the build has 72% ignite chance from gear and passives. The guide states:
"
%100 chance to ignite mobs

With only 2 sockets for ignite jewels, that number is 66%. Do these feel 'good' enough to you for ignite purposes? How does it feel for random rares?

Flammability can only add 14% without aura effectiveness. This still doesn't reach 100%, however, if you think it's often enough, that's likely all you need.

Your guide states 70% elemental reflect damage taken, however this is only when Wise Oak is active. How often do you feel you do not have it available? How critical is Overflowing Chalice management to the build? You also did not choose to take the Alchemist wheel, which would increase your damage tremendously and reduce reflected damage even more when Wise Oak is active. Thoughts?

Do you run reflect content currently at all? Your cons section omits this, and I believe it is a very important consideration.

You indicated to another poster that 20-35% stun avoid chance on helmet and lab boot enchant is needed, yet the guide itself does not make this abundantly clear. Could you consider making a point of this if it is indeed a requirement?

Finally, would you consider a discussion on your logic behind writhing jar as a CI character, and how you have your resistances balanced for Wise Oak usage? It may be apparent to some, but making a point in the guide somewhere on how and why you use these might help newer players.

I've gone ahead and added the guide to the listing, and I look forward to your thoughts.

Cheers
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Apr 18, 2017, 2:30:51 AM
Hello Kwitch,

Thanks for adding the build in your build list much appreciated. Let me answer your questions one by one.

"
You have 4 jewels listed as 'examples', however you have likely only have 2 jewel sockets to place them in. In addition to this, you did not link 'Energy from Within' which is likely the jewel in your socket near the melding wheel. If this is the case, it is not listed, and we still have a mystery about your thoughts on socketing all of these jewels. Currently, the build only has 2 sockets for these rare jewels if you do in fact run EfW near melding.

I didn't use EfW jewel because of 2 main reason first,i had enough ES to run maps and end game content and secondly EfW jewels are really expensive in this league, so wanted make a cheap build. Additionally in this build we need "chance to ignite" from every possible way. So I got 4 jewels with these stats only ; Inc. Energy Shield / Fire Damage or Increased Damage / ignite chance (preferably +3 ignite chance) For jewel location ; 1- Next to Vaal Pact 2- Next to Fervour 3- Next to Melding 4- Next to Alchemist.

"
Combined: with the 4 jewels you listed the build has 72% ignite chance from gear and passives.

I have 87% ignite chance in HO and in the map i get additional 14% chance to ignite from Flammability (Level 20 gem). So total 101% :) but in the boss fight i get 80% curse penalty and my total ignite chance drops to 91%.

"
Do you run reflect content currently at all? Your cons section omits this, and I believe it is a very important consideration.

Yes I do. I will make a video and add to my guide tomorrow.

"
Your guide states 70% elemental reflect damage taken, however this is only when Wise Oak is active. How often do you feel you do not have it available? How critical is Overflowing Chalice management to the build? You also did not choose to take the Alchemist wheel, which would increase your damage tremendously and reduce reflected damage even more when Wise Oak is active. Thoughts?

I get 50% reduce reflect damage from my ascendancy class and additional 20% from passive tree by getting "Ash,Frost and Storm" and "Primeval Force" Wise Oak provides 10% reflect damage taken to lightning damage in my case because my lightning resistance is the lowest one but i receive 20% fire penetration from it because my fire resistance is the highest one.

"
You indicated to another poster that 20-35% stun avoid chance on helmet and lab boot enchant is needed, yet the guide itself does not make this abundantly clear. Could you consider making a point of this if it is indeed a requirement?

You are right! I should have make it clear that mate and I will. Thanks for your suggestion.

"
Finally, would you consider a discussion on your logic behind writhing jar as a CI character, and how you have your resistances balanced for Wise Oak usage? It may be apparent to some, but making a point in the guide somewhere on how and why you use these might help newer players.

I used writhing jar to activate my stun immunity for 4 seconds. I activate my boot enchant, whenever I kill something, so i used that flask only for boss fights.

Again thanks for adding my build in your list and i will add the details which i explained you above to the build guide asap.

Cheers.
Last edited by havenofmystery on Apr 17, 2017, 6:48:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info