[2.6] High LPS Cyclone (Fairly Cheap)

LPS = Leech Per Second

Before beginning, this build requires the following items:
Spoiler

You do not necessarily need to use a two-hander, but to take advantage of the Slayer Ascendancy, it is recommended.

This build is fairly cheap once you obtain the retch.

Passive Tree

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak
Passive
Oak

Gem Setup
Spoiler

Five Skill Option 1 (Defensive): Cyclone/Melee Phys/Fortify/Melee Damage FL/Life Leech
Five Skill Option 2 (Offensive): Cyclone/Melee Phys/Fortify/Conc/Faster Attacks or Poison

Six Link Option 1 (Defensive): Cyclone/Melee Phys/Fortify/Melee Damage FL/Life Leech/Conc
Six Link Option 2 (Offensive Drain): Cyclone/Melee Phys/Fortify/Conc/Faster Attacks/Poison
Six Link Option 2 (Offensive Straight): Cyclone/Melee Phys/Fortify/Conc/Faster Attacks/Added Fire

Support 1: Decoy Totem/Stone Golem/Minion Life/Minion & Totem Resist
Support 2: Leap Slam/Faster Attack/Enduring Cry/Immortal Call (self cast)
Support 3: Cast on Damage Taken (lvl 1)/Enfeeble (lvl4)
Support 4: Blood Rage if you want more damage
Weapon Swap: Shield Charge/Faster Attack

Essence Worm Options:
Damage-Hatred
Defense-Determination
Resist-Fire/Ice/Light

*Note: Essence Worm can be replaced, but it requires a different passive tree (see below variation)

My Ripped 90 Gear
Spoiler

My New HC Slayer Gear
Spoiler

Another Variation of the build

Why do I use the gear I use?
Spoiler
Life leech per second is what I am aiming for in this build. This link is an old life leech calculator someone in this Reddit post made that I am taking advantage of. I want to be able to leech back my health within 1 second, which is essentially what this build accomplishes. You can download the google sheet and play around with the numbers yourself, but the higher your life, the more you leech. By stacking increased life leech rate I am able to gain my health back at a much faster rate, which allows me to be fairly tanky against the heaviest hitting mobs/bosses. Of course there are limits to what this build can take, but if you are rich and can afford to get 10k+ health, I am certain this build would dominate most content by afk cycloning.

I use self cast immortal call and vaal immortal call because I know when the damage is coming and I want to be able to control when my endurance charges are used.

Kaoms boots allow me to run maps that would otherwise hinder me, such as: temp chains/chilling ground. The boots allow you to essentially bypass those effects, which is quite nice. It also provides the stun immunity, but not as important where we could easily grab the node in the skill tree. You can use any boots you want, but make sure to adjust your tree and grab unwavering.

Because Kaoms boots slow me down to a crawl, I use a weapon swap with brightbeak and a sheild to get around quicker.

In my newest build I am using Cherrubim's and taking iron reflexes for the extra armor. The piece increases the chaos damage we do, increases life leech rate, and provides a good amount of health and armor. Pretty much built for this build.

The one damage type that seems to hurt me the most is fire, therefore I decided to use purity of fire + essence worm. You can swap out POF for determination if you know the fight is a phys heavy.

There are many variations that you can use, and you are not limited to my gear. So mix and match and do something special :D

My potion setup is nothing special, but I am sure you can come up with a nice utility setup. The life potion is only there because sometimes you run into mobs that cannot be leeched from. The two quick silver are for simply moving around quicker while cycloning. Basalt and granite keep reduce that damage from diving in a pack of 20+ :D.

Videos

Last edited by 13ouncer on Apr 17, 2017, 12:11:53 AM
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2017, 6:12:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info