[3.0 SC/HC] Aixx's indepth HoWA ST Raider Guide ♣ [ Shaper | Guardians | U. Atziri ]

"
So I have 1k int and I have to ask how do you manage that you have so much damage because mine is below 20k currently

Hey :) I need to see your gear to help you more, can you link it here please? - Your character-tab (profile) is on private.

For now I can only say: try to get more INT, currently iam at ~1380INT and of course thats a lot of damage.
Try to get 20/20 or 21/20 gems and get WED on your belt and WED, lightning damage, accuracy on your rings (1 ring with accuracy is fine). Thats a lot of damage too.
Then of course the level, Iam level 97 at the moment, maybe you arent that high? That means you can get more damage from the skilltree too.

Last edited by Aixx on Apr 16, 2017, 11:35:19 PM
Hello,Sir can tell whether you need to use this build (Grand Spectrum (Viridian Jewel) and if not then why, thanks.
Could you explain why to get Elemental overload? It's 40% more damage after you crit... wouldn't it just be better to get other skills like the ranger proj nodes at the start? Possibly trickery or Elemental focus?

Hi, i'm currently trying out this build on an assassin, do you think it's viable ?
"
Lizardomsk666 wrote:
Hello,Sir can tell whether you need to use this build (Grand Spectrum (Viridian Jewel) and if not then why, thanks.

Hey there, please take a look into my build, there is a spoiler called "Why do I need HoWA".
You need Hand of Wisdom and Action (HoWA) and 3 Fertile Minds, 1 Brute Force Solaution as your jewels.
The goal is to stack as much INT as possbile to stack the lightning damage from HoWA.

"
Nevz wrote:
Could you explain why to get Elemental overload? It's 40% more damage after you crit... wouldn't it just be better to get other skills like the ranger proj nodes at the start? Possibly trickery or Elemental focus?

Hey Nevz, your idea is to safe 5 points by removing Elemental Overload and spend 4 points for Trickery?
Well, what do you win by doing this:
52% increased Elemental damage
10 dexterity
20% incrased crit chance - dont need it if you are using ele overload (which I highly recomend).
10% chance to avoid ele status ailments - Raider is imune to it anyway
10% increased duration of ele status ailments on enemies - useless since be we are using Elemental Focus Support

What do you lose:
30 int
40% MORE elemental damage

Of course 30 int and 40% more elemental damage are way better. Int gives you damage + ES.
Against bosses you can have Elemental Overload up all the time (by playing an orb of storms), the damage boost from this is just too high to not use it.

"
Akàli wrote:
Hi, i'm currently trying out this build on an assassin, do you think it's viable ?

Hey Akàli, HoWA as a assassin is viable but thats another build.
This is a noncrit (ele overload) HoWA build, the critchance from the assassin would be useless.
Also this build as an assassin would be soo much slower since you dont get all the bonus attackspeed and damage from your frenzy charges.
I really dont recommend playing this build as an assassin.
Last edited by Aixx on Apr 17, 2017, 1:41:55 PM
I've noticed you've changed up your gem setup a bit on your active character vs your guide setup.

The main things I've noticed are:

Your Whirling Blade is capped at level 3 whereas in your guide it doesn't seem to have any level noted to stop at.

You are now using Increased Duration Support along with your Immortal Call and Cast When Damage Taken Support. You've also thrown in Summon Lightning Golem into the same item instead of what you recommended in your guide with Vortex/Enfeeble/Conductivity, any specific reason for that change?

You've swapped the Colors of your secondary weapon and thrown in Slower Projectile Support, I assume this is the reason you had to move Summon Lightning Golem over, any reason for doing that besides easy swapping / leveling your gems?

Lastly, could you kinda explain the significance of keeping Immortal Call @ lv 6, CwDTS @ lv 4, Vortex/Enfeeble @ 7, Whirling Blade @ 3, vs capping them. Also, why those specific levels? Is it a mana:stats trade off?

Thanks for your time, and sorry for all the questions, just trying to educate myself :)
Last edited by Locodawg on Apr 17, 2017, 3:02:21 PM
Hey Locodawg :)

The level of Whirling Blades doenst matter, it will only get damage anyway if you level it.
Qualtiy on it would be nice for more attackspeed.

At the moment iam playing around with my second-claw / helmet gem setup as you already saw :D
The gem setup I mentioned in my thread still is better.
With the slower projetciles gem in my claw I can just swap them faster in bossfights, so thats just a quality of life thing again ;)

CWDT should have a low level to proc it more often, with cwdt 4, IC 6 and vortex + conductivity 7 they are all around level 42-44 thats perfect.
Hey

I never fought any guardian befor since this is my first league so i was wondering if sb could look at my gear and tell me if its good enough to take chimera down.

Ofc any tips for the gear in general would be nice as well :)
@xplazzlox Hey, with that gear you can kill the chimera easily. Just be fast when he is hiding in a cloud or cast a vaal discipline.

Next upgrades would be Vessel of Vinktar, the Wise Oak and a 6l chest.
And dont forget to skill Point Blank ;)
Last edited by Aixx on Apr 17, 2017, 5:30:15 PM
"
Hey :) I need to see your gear to help you more, can you link it here please? - Your character-tab (profile) is on private.

For now I can only say: try to get more INT, currently iam at ~1380INT and of course thats a lot of damage.
Try to get 20/20 or 21/20 gems and get WED on your belt and WED, lightning damage, accuracy on your rings (1 ring with accuracy is fine). Thats a lot of damage too.
Then of course the level, Iam level 97 at the moment, maybe you arent that high? That means you can get more damage from the skilltree too.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cavespiderking/characters here I fixed that was my bad if you can help me that would be greatly appreciated :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info