[3.0 SC/HC] Aixx's indepth HoWA ST Raider Guide ♣ [ Shaper | Guardians | U. Atziri ]

Iam pretty sure they will change some numbers, but right now you should take Kraitly in beta.

@Solmyr77
True, also Spectral Throw feels way smoother :p
Last edited by Aixx on Jul 12, 2017, 9:52:55 PM
I dont even know if anyone will reply or see this since everyones done with league for the most part.....but im a new player to poe (been playin a month so not new new but new) and this guide/build is the third ive ever ran. Ive followed the guide to a T and even did the higher cost version dropping 32 exalts into gearing. Spent 6 hours yesterday respeccing and buying everything..... then all excited i go into just a lvl 70 esh breach figuring since it claims i can do all hard end game stuff that a breach would be easy.... i ran out of time like 30 seconds in....then i did a tier 9 map......teir 9....got wrecked..... super disappointed....my account is set to public if anyone is willing to look over my gear and everything and see if i missed somthing and messed up.. .. id very much appreciate it
Something indeed is wrong, I can do tier 15 with half my gear - 6k ES, currently have mf gear on,2x ventor`s, bisko`s, etc,only reflect destroys me for the most part, your passives tree looks OK or I`m just missing something.
@RubberUndiez honestly I have no idea how you can get wrecked in level 70 breaches and t9 maps.
Your damage is nice, your ES is nice, you have leech, tree is okay too.. well faster attacks is better than added lightning damage in your 6l setup, but that also doesnt matter for t9 maps.

Oh well, you dont have any accuracy on your gear and if you dont hit you obviously cant deal damage and leech life back. You should get like 300 accuracy on rings, amulet, helmet or gloves.
Anyway, even with 70% chance to hit you should be able to faceroll t9 maps with that gear.

edit: you picked the wrong merciless lab ascendencies. Avatar of the Slaughter > Avatar of the Veil
Last edited by Aixx on Jul 16, 2017, 9:20:28 PM
Is using Added lightning damage instead of faster attacks will matter much? My regalia is a corrupted 3b2g1r and it's really a pain in the ass to craft it. Also, I got a dying sun, is using it in the flask setup worth it or nah?
Last edited by RailTracer42 on Jul 17, 2017, 12:12:55 AM
"
RubberUndiez wrote:
I dont even know if anyone will reply or see this since everyones done with league for the most part.....but im a new player to poe (been playin a month so not new new but new) and this guide/build is the third ive ever ran. Ive followed the guide to a T and even did the higher cost version dropping 32 exalts into gearing. Spent 6 hours yesterday respeccing and buying everything..... then all excited i go into just a lvl 70 esh breach figuring since it claims i can do all hard end game stuff that a breach would be easy.... i ran out of time like 30 seconds in....then i did a tier 9 map......teir 9....got wrecked..... super disappointed....my account is set to public if anyone is willing to look over my gear and everything and see if i missed somthing and messed up.. .. id very much appreciate it

Your gear looks quite great, though I can't judge how much Int you have and whether or not your resists are capped.
edit: Your fire resist (173) is higher than your lightning res (113). The latter isn't even capped outside of flasks, small wonder you die!
Also as long as your lightning resist isn't the highest, the Wise Oak is quite useless. With this big gap it's not even highest during Vinktars..

Your flasks lack quality, that should be fixed (quality = longer duration). Before you do that, check if you have a 15% elemental Atziri flask, that should be better than yours. The Silver Flask suffix "of Heat" does almost nothing for you since Avatar of the Veil renders you immune to status ailments while you have Phasing. You may get frozen by boxes though if you spend some time rolling them, because Phasing will have run out by then.

I can't say how your amulet fares vs Astramentis, only PoB can tell you that. You lose a lot of Strength and Dex which may influence your other gearing options and gem caps. As of now it looks like you can't level your totem. The % ES on your amulet (and other gear) doesn't have as much effect as you may think on a HoWA build for the extreme levels of Intelligence give tons of % ES already.

On your passive tree I've noticed the Essence Sap cluster which is redundant. You have the Life and Mana Leech node next to Vitality Void, which is all the mana leech you need. Use those points to get the +30 Int nodes along your path. You also lack your uber lab ascendancy points. Avatar of the Slaughter is a big dps gain. Uber lab was relatively easy on my HoWA for ES does regen despite Vaal Pact. I think you've made the right call going for Avatar of the Veil first, though. I'd rather have the added defenses for the uber lab.
edit: You also forgot Elemental Overload, that's quite a big dps increase.

Regarding Faster Attacks vs Added Lightning, they are very close according to PoB. At the time I chromed my Regalia I opted for Added Lightning for it was much easier on chromes and even a little better on damage. Not taking Faster Attacks in your GMP setup also enables you to pick it over GMP in the single target setup, which plays easier than Slower Projectiles, but for the high end bosses (Shaper) I highly suggest to go with SP. I don't know why, but it went much better after that switch.

With all that being said, I can see you failing the time in a Breach for you may lack the experience to run through as fast as possible, but a T9 shouldn't be an issue. Did you maybe oversee a bad mod? There's only two no-goes, which are no leech and elemental reflect, but several others that you have to adjust to:
- Elemental Weakness: Use Purity of Elements instead of Wrath (unless you're still resist capped ofc)
- no regen: Use your mana flask liberally and rush from mob pack to mob pack so that you always leech and don't die to some stupid dot.
- monster crit or monster deal 100+% extra damage as element: be careful ;)
Last edited by Solmyr77 on Jul 17, 2017, 7:18:14 AM
hello , thanks for that strong build i just wanna ask you if you can post some good rare jewels for this build thanks :)
great build loving it so far, only problem im running into is i have to use mana leech in my 6link cuz i go oom so fast without it, any tips or how do you sustain your mana?
saame mana issue at early game

somehow have to spawn mana pots more than hp pots

and i recommend get a bleed flask

doing act 4 normal some how every rare mob have a fucking bleed
irritating as hell
░▀▄░░▄▀
▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄░▀█▀▐░▌
█▒░▒░▒░█▀█░░█░▐░▌
█░▒░▒░▒█▀█░░█░░█
█▄▄▄▄▄▄███══════
Pick life leech and mana leech, the small node, works for me.
Last edited by MBLV on Jul 28, 2017, 11:42:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info