2.6 Flame totem Chieftain (My 2nd Build)

Hello everyone I wanted to share my Build conception of flame totem Chieftain Marouder ... none of the builds presented on forum didnt suit my requirements so ive tried to create my own (I know it might be lame so feel free to sugest improvements )

1. SKill tree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAP0xAwB8xthYYz38jM_2SF8_Gj7yL3y4KS7xrFcN0iHyQYIH2XwUcQ4837_bT-DDJbw6UryfGJH8SxRNAecb-rYspBksp0rE9q618m6qZIQGoPm9NZL-j03jplc64fJF_grYvfObaGUUIO8OUEfZYa2Nz34ZLiftBg7UfAn2xPbGrhDMK7aMRviTDF8Y11Olr6cczitQDc3-VHKpVamXtGoBrKpZ84nYaFjXlho4kFUnLzrY7DgpT548jHa3MWaeWOXDE1oro_ILYa9saPLwH6IABLPAZkVHMtHr7nyDp5ReXdH9tz48LYPMg1-CmxYLe7MXjM9nuX7GBKajBsMAAAAAAA==

I was wondering if i should pick up an Elemental Overload, also this build is not providing us any way to generate Endurance charges anbd thats warring me .. if someone has any ide how to fix it go ahead

2. SKill Gems
Spoiler
6l : Flame totem + faster casting + fire pen + controlled destruction + faster projectiles + iron will

3L (Scepter):Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify
3L(Shield): Lightinig Warp + Faster Casting + Reduced Duration

4L: Cwdt + Immortal Call + Inc Duration + Molten Shell
4L: Flammability + Inc Duration + Vaal Haste + Arctic Armour
4L: Searing Bond - Elemental Focus + Rapid Decay + Summon Lightning Golem

3. Gear
Spoiler
Helmet: Hrimnor's Resolve
Chest : Lioneye's Vision /Infernal Mantle
Boots: Windscream / Redblade Tramplers
Gloves: Winds of Change or some good crafted Rares

Shield: Trolltimber Spire >>> Tukohama's Fortress
Weapon: Singularity / Doon Cuebiyari
Amulet: Ngamahu Tiki / Xoph's Heart / Karui Charge / The Anvil (Propositions)
Rings : Death Rush / Mokou's Embrace or some good Crafted one
Belts: Doryani's Invitation (With Fire ofc )

4. Jewels
here we are looking for rather defence and/or Damage (Fire damage, Spell damage etc)

Give me the feedback on what do you think about it ;]

Last edited by Razley23 on Apr 12, 2017, 6:01:52 PM
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2017, 3:15:02 PM
"
Razley23 wrote:
I was wondering if i should pick up an Elemental Overload

Absolutely. Since this is a noncrit build EO is a very substantial damage boost.

"
Razley23 wrote:
also this build is not providing us any way to generate Endurance charges anbd thats warring me ..

Don't "warry", your totems taunt the enemy so you will be mostly unmolested and should you get hit by some AoE shenanigans Taunt reduces the damage you take... a real beauty. Also, dump them armour nodes, there isn't much to increase when you equip Infernal Mantle, is there? ;)

Then you invested three passives into a jewel socket while the one above Devotion only costs two passives. Use that socket, or even better, refund Elementalist and Faith and Steel and go for Celestial Judgement (and connect to Ancestral Bond from there), this will save you six passives which will get your Elemental Overload and Quick Recovery.
Okay thanks, I rearanged the tree as You said and here it is
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAO0xAwB0xthYYz38jM_2SF8_Gj7yL3y4KS7xrFcN0iHyQYIH2XwUcQ4837_bT-DDJbw6UryfGJH8SxRNLKdKxPautfJuqmSEBqD5vTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRf4K2L3zm2hlFCDvDlBH2WGtjc9-GS4n7QYO1HwJ9sT2xq4QzCu2jEb4k6-nHM4rUA3N_lRyqayqWfMaOJBVC2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGZFRzLR6-58g6eUXl3R_bc-PC2DzINfpwjYJFZIcg9xhVcpRteUb2ZUZp5Y5cMTWiuj8icvmuBFnVNSFgt7sxeMz2e5fsYEpqMGwwAAAAGENgJIARQBAR4ABgEKAAFeAQHoAwH8CAGWAAHoAwYfP24AFAAxABQBHgAUAEEAFAAnABQAFQABACYCpQEUAAUBkAEBsAQBvAIBLAEABAcPfgAUAIAAFACBABQA8QAUAB4CRgAAAQFeAQYBLAEBrA0BXgEBXgEBAgABZAAAAAAoAoUBFAAFAVgCASwBATIAAWQAAfQBBAcPSQABAIsAAQBWABQA5AABACkC2QAUAQEsAQUCkAG8AgG0AAFQAAH6AAEgAwMDB4oAAQAGABQAPQAUACUCcAIUAQEeAAUBkAEB6AMBCgABuAsAAwMHmAAUADEAFAA6ABQAHgJvAAABAYIABgGsDQG4CwH0AQHIAAEIAAEoAAAAAB4CUgAAAQEsAQYB-gABkAEBZAAByAAByAAB-gAAAAAbAisAAAEBKAAFAbwCAegDAfQBASwBAQoAAAAALgJlARQABwIyAGQAAWQAAdAHAbwCASwBAfoAAAQHD2MAFABWABQAygAUAAMBFAAAAAAAAA==

And What do You think about Gem setup ?

Also as I'm Watching stats on poe Planner it seems like there is only 6k life and 4k armour (approximately) with this Eq. WHile I've seen other people geting around 30k Armour and 10k Life ?
Last edited by Razley23 on Apr 13, 2017, 3:04:40 AM
Gem setup is OK although I prefer Elemental Focus (or Empower lvl 4) which yields a lot more damage than Iron Will. The downside is that the totems can no longer ignite and you will loose the 35% increased damage v burning enemies (Ngamahu) but even then EF is still a lot stronger. And this can be remedied with a Flame Golem as igniter with Chance to Ignite (pimp with Spell Echo and GMP if you want).

To proc Elemental Overload I'm using Orb of Storms with Increased Critical Strikes (and Culling Strike).

As for the stats, my lvl 96 FT Chieftain has 7.9k HP and 5.8k armour with Infernal Mantle. I get 8.8k HP and 7.3k armour with Belly but I don't need all that much really thanks to the taunting totems. Check my profile (Slamborghini) for tree and gear (now in 2.6 I'd probably add The Wise Oak, 20% penetration is awesome).
Last edited by tomay on Apr 13, 2017, 8:15:24 AM
Okey and what about This searing Bond ? Is it required vs Bosses ? Or meaby flame totems will handle it ?
Searing Bond is another alternative to set bosses on fire to gain the Ngamahu bonus (if Elemental Focus is linked to Flame Totem) but I always found a bit awkward. OK for stationary bosses but not against bosses with high mobility. Mind you, SB cannot ignite (it's dealing Burning Damage over time, only hits can ignite) so monsters only burn while caught directly in the beam whereas an ignite lasts a minimum of 4 seconds regardless the amount of fire damage dealt. I found the Flame Golem much more reliable in this respect. Other than that SB is a free fourth Totem but the same can be said about Orb of Storms, while not really a totem it acts very much like one and we can use it to proc Elemental Overload and cull bosses once they get below 10%. Alternatively you can use Spark + ICS + CS to the same effect but I prefer the lazy method with OoS. ;)

Again, EO only needs a critical strike to proc, no damage required, ditto Culling Strike, a hit is enough, no damage needed.
Last edited by tomay on Apr 13, 2017, 11:35:31 AM
Okey I have 2 Trees now.

1. Life based And more dmg For Infernal Mantle
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQUxAwCAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_Gj7yL1cN0iHyQYIH2XwUcQ4837_bT-DDJbw6UryfGJH8SxRNLKdKxPautfJuqmSEBqD5vTWS_o9N46ZXOuHyRf4K2L3zm2hlFCDvDlBH2WGtjc9-GS4n7QYO1HwJ9sT2xq4QzCu2jEb4k6-nHM4rUA3N_lRyqayqWfMaOJBVC2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGZFRzLR6-58g6eUXl3R_bc-PC2DzINfpwjYJFZIcg9xhVcpRteUb2ZUZp5Y5cMTWiuj8icvmuBFnVNS5FFnm64--tIWb-NqJKo26eFz7SCCm5o72rmxQioTFgt7sxeMz2e5fsYEpqMGwwAAAAGENgJIARQBAR4ABgEKAAFeAQHoAwH8CAGWAAHoAwYfP24AFAAxABQBHgAUAEEAFAAnABQAFQABACYCpQEUAAUBkAEBsAQBvAIBLAEABAcPfgAUAIAAFACBABQA8QAUAB4CRgAAAQFeAQYBLAEBrA0BXgEBXgEBAgABZAAAAAAoAoUBFAAFAVgCASwBATIAAWQAAfQBBAcPSQABAIsAAQBWABQA5AABACkC2QAUAQEsAQUCkAG8AgG0AAFQAAH6AAEgAwMDB4oAAQAGABQAPQAUACUCcAIUAQEeAAUBkAEB6AMBCgABuAsAAwMHmAAUADEAFAA6ABQAHgJvAAABAYIABgGsDQG4CwH0AQHIAAEIAAEoAAAAAB4CUgAAAQEsAQYB-gABkAEBZAAByAAByAAB-gAAAAAbAisAAAEBKAAFAbwCAegDAfQBASwBAQoAAAAALgJlARQABwIyAGQAAWQAAdAHAbwCASwBAfoAAAQHD2MAFABWABQAygAUAAMBFAAAAAAAAA==

2. Life and Armor For Lioneye's Vision
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAQUxAwCAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_Gj7yL3y4KS7xrFcN0iHyQYIH2XwUcQ4837_bT-DDJbw6UryfGJH8SxRNAecb-rYspBksp0rE9q618m6qZIQGoPm9NZL-j03jplc64fJF_grYvfObaGUUIO8OUEfZYa2Nz34ZLiftBg7UfAn2xPbGrhDMK7aMRviTDF8Y11Olr6cczitQDc3-VHKpVamXtGoBrKpZ84nYaFjXlgthr2xo8vAfogAEs8BmRUcy0evufIOnlF5d0f23Pjwtg8yDX3IPZp5Y5cMTWiuj8rcxjHaePJRvZlQaOJBVcYVXKUbXpwjYJFZIFgt7sxeMz2e5fsYEpqMGwwAAAAAA

What do You think of them ? I wanted to go with Lioneye's VIsion ... becouse an ultra musculed warrior in magic robe doesnt look cool xd But I dont know if Lioneyes build will provide enough dmg for late game content ... and I dont want to do 1 map per hour ... What do you think ? :D

I've also found this tree
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAcAAPExAAB2xthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDlBHGj7yL3y4KS7xrFcN0iHyQYIH2XwUcQ4837_bT-DDJbwsp0rE9q7zm2hl2WGtjc9-GS4n7cT2xq4QzCu2jEb4k3sgC2GvbGjy8B-iAASzwGZFRzwtg8yDX7c-_grYvTWS_o9N46ZX8kU64bXybqpkhAag-b1KyFpSqJp7wzLR6-6a4EWdU1Lhc5o7gpvtPNWm7DiFe2ZUOtgnL5BVGjhyD3GFeuaUb2P9RtdmnljlKhNaK6PyfIOnlF5d0f0GDtR8CfYRLSycEFiHZbl-xgSmowbDFgt7swPWvWAAAAAAAA==

Probably the most popular you can find on the web, but it seems very squishy with only 200% Life and 160% Armour
Last edited by Razley23 on Apr 13, 2017, 6:06:33 PM
May look uncool but gets the job done. ;)

One doesn't play a totem build to facetank stuff so you really do not need ultra high armour rating. Inf Mantle is pretty much BIS for anything fire totem, ideally you want one with +1 to socketed gems corruption mod... or a Skin of the Loyal with that mod. And Empower lvl 4. Flame Totem is getting the most damage scaling from + lvl.

Lifting's tree is pretty solid but IMO it's better to take Firewalker, Cruel Prep and Heart of Flames rather than Totemic Zeal, Sentinel and the "Scion" socket. More Life, damage and indeed Penetration (Lifting made this guide before the curse effectiveness on bosses was nerfed with 2.5).
Last edited by tomay on Apr 14, 2017, 7:07:13 AM
Okey, looks like I'll go with infernal mantle option :3
Thx a lot for help buddy, youre the Best <3
If you want to give me the Final feedback take a look here and say what you Think :D

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1885643

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info