[2.6] HC Cleave - Cheap, super tanky, good clearspeed. Perfect Leaguestarter

What a great build ^^. Decided to play HC Legacy for the remaining month instead of Legacy and was looking for a build that was safe but fun to play. Decided upon this as my first character. Levelled using one handed uniques like Dreadarc/Relentless Fury until i could use WoE and BoR. My god what a damage spike that was lol. Levelling using WoE was easyyyy albeit a bit flask dependent due to me constantly having to use mana flasks but im guessing that's because my other gear wasn't that good at the time. The only issues i have had was getting resist capped due to BoR but that's more me buying badly optimised gear. Only yesterday did i flip 90% of my currency into chaos to purchase a soul taker and my god, what a fun build it is now. Just constantly leap slamming pack to pack. I usually struggle with maps around this level (not like that good/knowledgeable of a player) and my DPS usually sucks but i get up to 50-60k with frenzy/onslaught on with AoE and then 70k+ with conc. Merciless lab was so easy compared to my other chars/builds in legacy where i didn't touch the lab til 82+. I'm also using an awful axe that i used at level 50, when i get home, going to purchase a new one, should hopefully boost my tooltip by alottttt.

Just wanted to say, thanks for the build guide was very easy to follow. One suggestion would be to add levelling skill tree. I wasn't sure about the correct way to go when i started. Everything else was perfect though.

Only close death i have had was a beyond map where i killed 20-30 mobs before opening a strongbox which then spawned a detonate dead beyond mob and instantly gibbed me, luckily managed to logout though. Apart from this build is superrrrrr safe sitting at 4.6k life atm.
Last edited by Keora on May 10, 2017, 3:40:31 AM
"
Keora wrote:
What a great build ^^. Decided to play HC Legacy for the remaining month instead of Legacy and was looking for a build that was safe but fun to play. Decided upon this as my first character. Levelled using one handed uniques like Dreadarc/Relentless Fury until i could use WoE and BoR. My god what a damage spike that was lol. Levelling using WoE was easyyyy albeit a bit flask dependent due to me constantly having to use mana flasks but im guessing that's because my other gear wasn't that good at the time. The only issues i have had was getting resist capped due to BoR but that's more me buying badly optimised gear. Only yesterday did i flip 90% of my currency into chaos to purchase a soul taker and my god, what a fun build it is now. Just constantly leap slamming pack to pack. I usually struggle with maps around this level (not like that good/knowledgeable of a player) and my DPS usually sucks but i get up to 50-60k with frenzy/onslaught on with AoE and then 70k+ with conc. Merciless lab was so easy compared to my other chars/builds in legacy where i didn't touch the lab til 82+. I'm also using an awful axe that i used at level 50, when i get home, going to purchase a new one, should hopefully boost my tooltip by alottttt.

Just wanted to say, thanks for the build guide was very easy to follow. One suggestion would be to add levelling skill tree. I wasn't sure about the correct way to go when i started. Everything else was perfect though.

Only close death i have had was a beyond map where i killed 20-30 mobs before opening a strongbox which then spawned a detonate dead beyond mob and instantly gibbed me, luckily managed to logout though. Apart from this build is superrrrrr safe sitting at 4.6k life atm.

Very nice to read feedback like this. Love that you liked the build and it got you far on HC. :) I thought about adding the leveling tree but it's pretty linear and I thought people should choose for themselves if they want more damage or more life while playing through. And yea, the power spikes you get with WoE and especially with BoR + Soultaker are insane. With BoR your damage jumps a ton and with Soultaker damage and most importanly the attack speed are insane, so you can finally play faster through maps. Thanks for the feedback :)
Great build. What lab enchantments would you recommend?
i'm using your build but i confused about chaos res. is it important or not? because i'm about to change my rings and amulet. :p
"
Marek_Kumitsu wrote:

Sorry, just saw it now :(. Gonna look more often into the thread now.

Cleave Attack speed was awesome. On boots I'd like attack speed after kill.

"
freakydouche wrote:
i'm using your build but i confused about chaos res. is it important or not? because i'm about to change my rings and amulet. :p

Not important but nice to have if you can get some.

"
Fubnub1 wrote:
"
Marek_Kumitsu wrote:

"
freakydouche wrote:

you added more confusion in my mind. :p could you please take a look to my char:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/freakydouche/characters

actually i've dropped a shavronne's wrappings on your build first time and sold 320c. i'm looking for good improvements for this build. i think i'm paying too much attention to chaos res so that's why i got %78 chaos res.

*should i switch jewelleries to life+ele instead ele+chaos?
*which jewels to use? is my jewels good or not?
*why don't you use mana leech or mana gain on hit instead soul taker in this build?

defence menu:

I got chaos res at -60% and am doing just fine.
"
freakydouche wrote:
"
Fubnub1 wrote:
"
Marek_Kumitsu wrote:

"
freakydouche wrote:

you added more confusion in my mind. :p could you please take a look to my char:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/freakydouche/characters

actually i've dropped a shavronne's wrappings on your build first time and sold 320c. i'm looking for good improvements for this build. i think i'm paying too much attention to chaos res so that's why i got %78 chaos res.

*should i switch jewelleries to life+ele instead ele+chaos?
*which jewels to use? is my jewels good or not?
*why don't you use mana leech or mana gain on hit instead soul taker in this build?

defence menu:

Hey man, I just looked at your character and you're doing some basic things wrong sadly. Elemental resists are very important, you have to cap them always, thats right. Chaos resist is not that important but you can get some, but only AFTER you have very high life on all your items and you're capped on elemental resists. It's also VERY important to get a high flat physical damage roll on your rings and amulet. I wrote exactly for what stats you need to look on which items in the guide, so I'm not sure why you ended up with the items you have right now. And again, chaos resist is nice to have BUT (you dont have to cap that, you can do just fine with -60)

Oh and I forgot to add that we're not running mana leech or anything because we want to reserve 100% of our mana. Soul Taker is also a pretty decent weapon.

I'd suggest you to read the guide again, especially the part about gearing, if you read that it should answer all your questions. It has all the stats you need in the right order of importance listed and a jewel search for poe.trade with all the mods you're looking for. Feel free to ask further questions if you have problems, but please read the guide carefully first. Thank you
Last edited by Fubnub1 on May 18, 2017, 3:52:59 PM
Fairly new to the game, but loving your build so far at level 78. What do you think of the proposed Scion Ascendancy changes? I'm probably missing something, but it seems like mostly nerfs to this build with the loss of Culling Strike and the changes to Life Leech on Slayer. What are your thoughts?
"
IntoTheVoidUK wrote:
Fairly new to the game, but loving your build so far at level 78. What do you think of the proposed Scion Ascendancy changes? I'm probably missing something, but it seems like mostly nerfs to this build with the loss of Culling Strike and the changes to Life Leech on Slayer. What are your thoughts?

Sorry that i'm replying so late, I havent looked in depth at the changes to scion but I've read over it now and yes it seems like this is a nerf to this build. Gladiator seems like one good thing we can pick up, but theres nothing REALLY good as a second point, so we'll have to wait for beta and see. Losing culling strike + onslaught + frenzy charges would make this probably too weak though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info