Increase Inventory or Change Something? ITEM CREEP

"
SaiyanZ wrote:

If more people pick up junk, the junk is going to be worth less, making picking up those items even less productive than it is now.

The problem is not that players dont pick up junk.
The problem is that in PoE, "junk" now often includes many rares, that can potentially be good (with superior rolls), but odds for that on bad/non-meta itembase are so low that it isnt worth your time to perform that "gamble".
For example, many players dont pickup most 2-handers, non-crit one-handers and non-ES chest pieces. Some dont pickup other non-ES gear pieces too.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
pikez wrote:
I think you make some very valid points and really like the way you explained this scenario, hopefully some devs see this.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
If more people pick up junk, the junk is going to be worth less, making picking up those items even less productive than it is now.

You're thinking in purely trade value, and on a level that isn't realistic...

Currency has its own, inherent value. When crafting items from scratch, it's easy to blow through hundreds of alts. Currency isn't just for trading.

But more importantly, considering how cheap low tier currency is right now, giving people another row of so of inventory isn't going to be changing the habits of end-game players who are already used to their own pick-up habits and don't even bother collecting that "junk" any ways.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Lo and behold, we've got an answer.

Which is full of typical "blablabla opportunity cost blablabla tough hardcore choices" bullshit, totally ignoring all points made in OP(maybe they weren't in the post in questions thread he was answering to? doubt it). Awesome GGG communication skills as always in last, what is it, 3 years already?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
Lo and behold, we've got an answer.

Which is full of typical "blablabla opportunity cost blablabla tough hardcore choices" bullshit, totally ignoring all points made in OP(maybe they weren't in the post in questions thread he was answering to? doubt it). Awesome GGG communication skills as always in last, what is it, 3 years already?

Exactly.

I *love* (read: heavy sarcasm) the mention of many developers who'd love to increase inventory size in a "heartbeat", while at the same time saying that's it's not the "correct" change to make.

So... again answers nothing.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 25, 2017, 9:45:16 AM
If GGG feels it's only a 'vocal minority' raising concerns, they don't care. They've said that vocal minorities don't matter to them.

"
If GGG feels it's only a 'vocal minority' raising concerns, they don't care. They've said that vocal minorities don't matter to them.

They've never let the "majority" be their guide in the past. They refuse to fix trade (even if just to implement what poe.trade has into the client) because they're protecting the minority. And they refuse to increase inventory size since the minority doesn't want that advantage given to others since they only pick up the most expensive loot.

Problem is, those who have the most weight to throw around are the ones who GGG will accommodate. And that's the 1% majority, aka MTX whales, who would prefer to make it as difficult as possible for filthy casuals to get anywhere near end-game grinding/farming/trade success.

Not conspiracy theory, not jealousy, not anything other than the truth. That said, I'm more casual than hardcore due to my gaming time constraints, and still happy playing and enjoying PoE regardless of the 1% (realistically more like 0.01 or 0.001%) and GGG's catering to them.
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 25, 2017, 10:29:59 AM
They aren't "ignoring" a vocal minority. They are preserving their vision of the game, and what they see as being healthy for it. Believe it or not, the noisy dickholes (myself included, admittedly), on the forum may not always know what is best for the game as whole, despite what we want to think.
U MAD?
An "inventory pouch" should be the bare minimum added to the interface. Not because of the extra stuff we need to pick up, but because of the extra stuff you need to carry with you.

Many valid points in the OP, but GGG is probably looking at the very same top end players who don't pick up anything, thinking to themselves "game is aging well, stay the course".. :)

One of the most annoying things in PoE for me are the frequent trips to HO & vendor. It always felt so distracting to gameplay (compared to D3 or Grim Dawn where you don't need to port every minute). No, making your item filter super-strict is not a solution for SSF or limited trade players. I wish I could sacrifice map portals for temporary extra inventory: one extra inventory tab per map portal.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Apr 25, 2017, 1:54:54 PM
"
morbo wrote:
An "inventory pouch" should be the bare minimum added to the interface. Not because of the extra stuff we need to pick up, but because of the extra stuff you need to carry with you.

Many valid points in the OP, but GGG is probably looking at the very same top end players who don't pick up anything, thinking to themselves "game is aging well, stay the course".. :)

One of the most annoying things in PoE for me are the frequent trips to HO & vendor. It always felt so distracting to gameplay (compared to D3 or Grim Dawn where you don't need to port every minute). No, making your item filter super-strict is not a solution for SSF or limited trade players. I wish I could sacrifice map portals for temporary extra inventory: one extra inventory tab per map portal.

at this point, with how much space "little" currencies take up, everyone pretty much *needs* a currency tab if they're going to go past cruel. They honestly 100% should give 1 free currency tab to everyone. Since smaller currencies don't quickly or easily convert "up", and since many recipes cost alot of small currencies (Vorici gem/link crafting for example), there needs to be a place to pocket stuff simply to FUNCTION now with currency inflation as it is.

Hell, if you're someone who goes to maps endgame to start grinding with stones and whatnot, you pretty much need an essence and divination card slot too now.
Last edited by aleksandor on Apr 25, 2017, 6:57:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info