Developer Q&A - Answers Part 4

"
Konserwaa wrote:
I was wondering if there has been any consideration of a form of a side pouch for dedicated currency pickup, as inventory slots are valuable and I usually can't afford to carry all the currency that would otherwise enhance my experience of maps and such without sacrificing that space I would otherwise need.

My answer is: NO.

My answer is: YES.

Why would you not want additional storage space? It's like someone passing on free stash tabs. Seriously. Please explain.

If we had additional storage for currency, say 1 stack of each in a "side pouch", that would make it actually worthwhile to pick up other items while grinding. Overflow of more than one stack would be into inventory. Right now end-game players normally pick up only very valuable gear/items, maps, and currency.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 11, 2017, 10:12:24 AM
Larger inventory as a micro-transaction. Star Wars: The Old Republic did that, as did Perfect World. Could be just a small expansion, like 2 extra lines of squares, or introduce a Tab system to the inventory.
"
Why are there no rare or unique Leaguestones in Legacy?

There are no rare Leaguestones because there aren't enough mods to support it yet. It'd be cool to make unique Leaguestones, but we decided not to include them in Legacy league because of time constraints. There are many other leagues to work on, as well as 3.0.0. Maybe you'll see rare and unique ones in the future if we continue to expand that system.

Please make these a regular part of the game experience. Please do not nerf them in the process to being novelty at best. In addition to providing variety to maps, they also make normal zones more interesting even long after you've out leveled them. They are such a good mechanic it would be a shame to hardly ever see them drop again or to see them become something that only show up in special leagues. I love the idea of new league ideas eventually propagating out into mods in league stone stat compositions that you can find as random drops. It's like the stones themselves capture the essence of the new leagues and preserve them as relics you can find and use to slightly shape the world.. it's perfect for poe's theme.

They could use a better UI element for organizing and using them, but pretty sure you're already aware of that one.
Last edited by defektiv on Apr 11, 2017, 12:24:32 PM
Are you seriously gonna do this bullshit news for 1 more month? give beta now and lets make poe great again!
"
Schiriki wrote:
"
Is it OK to feel guilty for killing an albino rhoa? The poor thing was scared and running away, and I slaughtered it. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes.

Seems I'm the only one appreciating this so far ^^

Maybe because the albino rhoa feather mystery is more of an irritant than entertainment?
Life will be technically better Soon TM
"
waskely wrote:
"
Schiriki wrote:
"
Is it OK to feel guilty for killing an albino rhoa? The poor thing was scared and running away, and I slaughtered it. Does that make me a bad person?

Yes.

Seems I'm the only one appreciating this so far ^^

Maybe because the albino rhoa feather mystery is more of an irritant than entertainment?

i see chris grinning in the background, master fisherman!

but on a more serious note: he's right about just killing the white rhoa being a bad thing. you have to kill it with [Removed by Support] so the [Removed by Support].
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 11, 2017, 5:32:12 PM
"
vio wrote:
but on a more serious note: he's right about just killing the white rhoa being a bad thing. you have to kill it with [removed by support] so the [removed by support].

Vio, vio, vio. -_- If you're going to bait, you need to at least do it right... caps on the R and S, not all lowercase. And bonus points if you can add some taboo words along with the section you edit so that a mod actually edits your post. ;-)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Well time to copy pasta what i wrote at Q&A https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1858393/page/63#p14298611

DEAR GGG , YOU ARE THE BEST Developers ever, POE IS PERFECT EXCEPT THERE'S A FEW THINGS THAT BOTHER ME :D

1. I've talked to Chris Wilson in the past and others of the team too, in closed beta when game was new , ADVERTISED ON THE SITE WAS = PERMANENT CUT-THROAT LEAGUES , HELL PEOPLE ON A TOPIC IN THE FORUMS SAID THEY'D PAY FOR THIS...
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY DARK SOULS FANS/PLAYERBASES ARE THERE?
Dark Souls 1 was ported from console to PC at gaming community's request => DARK SOULS 2 + 3 FOLLOWED.

2. WHY NO REDHEAD FEMALE CHARACTERS ?!?!? YOU FREAKIN ADDED 2 BLONDES Ranger and SCION
BUT NO REDHEAD char ?!?! Suggested a while ago like char Kalandra, to be opposite from Scion start in the tree as in the char has starting points on outer edges of the passive skill tree and is also harder to unlock than Scion maybe have a requirment like to beat Malachai (well long ago it was Dominus only :D ) with all classes or something.

Since long i've talked in closed beta but more in teh open beta,with some of you guys and you said you'd bring these things to the team but i've seen no progress in it

only progress about these things i saw now we can figure out which friends in the Friends List,are inactive :) since some of us had friends list since closed beta with inactive players and also some from open beta added...

3. - thing upper about friends list,u guys made progress PARTIALLY with that suggestion i had, now we can hover mouse cursor and game shows us how long since friend has last logged on. BUT

COULD WE HAVE MORE FRIENDS LIST LIMIT NOT JUST 100 friends list players capacity?:(

Maybe make it as DLC if you feel the need to,heck ,but i would love all these 3 things i suggested since closed beta & open beta

MANY SPICE GIRLS HERE THINK THEY ARE HARDCORE LOL ,
THE REAL Hardcore league is PERMANENT CUT-THROAT + Hardcore box ticked on
and THE ONLY ONE THAT WOULD BE EVEN HARDER IS Cut-Throat + Hardcore box ticked on + TURBO + ONSLAUGHT + NEMESIS + DOMINATION etc :) get it :D halloween special edition :P

DO you want us to make petitions so you see how succesfull they are with many signatures? on adding redhead female chars ,on increasing friends list space ,and most importantly adding Perma-Cut-Throat leagues AS WRITTEN ON THE POE SITE OF PLANNED THINGS MANY YEARS AGO?Caz we'll do it if you want us to.

Keep up the good work old friend Chris Wilson & the team.

PS : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1687607/page/46#p13409692

AND regarding the Redhead female char suggestion :P
Alyson Hannigan - Willow Rosenberg witch in Buffy the vampire slayer tv series :D

Emma Stone :) pics below

Clarissa from Shadowhunters , below ;)

Last edited by thegamingkage on Apr 11, 2017, 2:56:40 PM
+1 for Redhead Females.

PC would be awesome but I'll take an NPC if you got it.

I just need a little....to get me through man......C'mon GGG you know I'm good for it!
ID Rather Lab was reworked into a more straightforward map system wich dropped during normal mapping/gameplay. with the boss having some kind of trap/puzzle elements added to it instead of the lab layout weve got today.

Since i was introduced to the Lab, ive done it only to gather the ascendancy points, paying people for a boost at that aswell on Cruel/merci as the toon wasnt geared for it, and ive never ventured back at any point.

I think the enchant/chests reward could be added to the game in a more fun/exciting way, but the ideas on my behalf would be endless, todays lab aint very appealing.

Anyway Looking forward to Oriath, And i want to point out to GGG that Legacy league, had me very hyped at the start of it, now over 8 days played into it with 1... thats right 1 !!!!! reliquary key the Legacy league was a major fail. Sure i could go and buy keys from the ex / chaos and good items ive sold. But that doesnt give the same feels/excitement.
If theres one part i hugely criticice this league for it must be the droprate of theese seemingly Mirror rate dropping keys.

Especially seeing the results of people opening over 100 keys, with theese drop tables they should of been a far more often dropping occurence, so be it if the majority of drops from them didnt live up to the hype.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info