Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Should RT (Russia Today) be banned?

Should RT (Russia Today) be banned from broadcasting their propaganda over our highly democratic and civilized society?
Just say Yes or No. Then write whatever you want.
Last bumped on Apr 14, 2017, 8:14:40 PM
Why?
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Mass media should be lawfully required to disseminate only the truth; not opinions and partisan rhetoric.
Would even a single network survive without massive changes?
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
our msm are the worst they keep shoving propaganda in our throat.
only CNN will be not banned if we start banning other news
anything is everything
No, censorship is not the answer.
They should be allowed to continue, but run a banner that says that they are an arm of the Russian government.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
SkyCore wrote:
Mass media should be lawfully required to disseminate only the truth; not opinions and partisan rhetoric

Please don't take this as an insult, it really isn't, but something I've noticed about a lot of your posts in OT; You espouse ideas that are nice in theory if you only think about them for a moment, but fall apart with a mere modicum of serious thought. "The truth" isn't something that is widely agreed upon by many people with regards to pretty much anything.

What are you going to do, have a "Truth Agency" who's job is to decide what is and isn't true, then only allow media to report based on their findings? Who would run the agency, the government? And we expect them to remain non-biased and truthful?

The closest realistic concept to that is to allow people to sue when things which are not the truth are said about them, and that is in place in a lot of countries.

Interestingly, here in Cambodia the government has actually implemented their own version of your idea. If you print something in the newspapers that the government deems to be inaccurate, you go to jail for defamation and "spreading false information" or "causing social instability". We've had the same prime minister for over 30 years.

Realistically, we as individuals have to take responsibility for ascertaining the truth. Sometimes it's hard, but to expect other people to hand it to us on a plate without bias or agenda is just unrealistic.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Apr 10, 2017, 11:01:51 PM
"
ChanBalam wrote:
They should be allowed to continue, but run a banner that says that they are an arm of the Russian government.

What if every channel had to do this truthfully, would be pretty hilarious.
anything is everything

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info