[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

oopss, forgot to re-shape the build for 3.0

few observations for 3.0:

1) build is imho stronger than in 2.6 (and i mean this very version - not shrapnel shot in general)
a) Pantheon anti-reflect mechanic WILL save your characters. this one is HUGE
b) only slight nerf (Wise Oak) to balance it out

2) 'high hp' bosses are something this build deals easily due to its absurd single target damage
3) proliferation changes are minor
4) this version of the build DID NOT abuse double dip so the loss of ignite damage is minimal and does not affect general playstyle much
5) new gems like Ice Bite or Chance to Bleed are nice 5/6th links that provide nice utility
6) Deadeye's buff is nice yet uninspiring. but buff is a buff

i'll update the guide over the weekend

Major power: Lunaris (once it is fixed. it is bugged right now)
Minor: Yugul (reflect)

i have found ONE vessel over 5 days so a chance youll be able to augment your powers is 0. do not bother.

so - go ahead. most new progression bosses are very close-quarter so Shrapnell Shot will help you a lot here. once you get Chin Sol the damage will simply murder everything that opposes
Nice, really excited for your updated build :)
Done.

I havent played it from scratch in new league - and most probably wont because this league is a solid 'skip' for me.

If you play it from zero youll have around ~500 life more than my build at the same level thanks to 'hybrid life/defense' rolls that my gear is missing.

Playstyle has not changed. 25% reduced reflect is HUGE for you so get it ASAP (Act 8, High Gardens)

It is not the strongest build out there, ChinSol Shrapnel Traps is most probably stronger but it is very fun to play, handles breaches perfectly, does breach domains fairly well and scales well with personal skill as it is all about movement and positioning.

What makes it even better is the 'leveling bows' string you can exploit and simply buy all your bows for 1alch each and get from lvl1 to maps on EXTREME budget
Last edited by sidtherat on Aug 12, 2017, 6:44:49 AM
Thank you ! Looks like it can dish out some insane single target ! =)

Again one question, sorry as i aready asked this before but now with the herald of ash changes what auras would you recommend to use. thought about blasphemy-ass mark and grace as a balance of offense and defense. Can't decide between hatred and HoA though. Playing sc so i can go somewhat more offensive.

Again thanks for updating, really fun build.
There are two options - and honestly i havent yet played enough to recommend either

1) Blasphemy+Assassins Mark + Herald of Ash+Efficacy+AOE+IncBurning

this provides most damage and clear (esp the clear)

2) Blasphemy+Assassins Mark (35) + Arctic Armour(25) + Herald of Ash+(as many supports as mana allows)

I think that (2) is better as the Herald of Ash is not performing up to my expectations.
But - as noted - my experience in T10+ maps is limited (10-20maps total) because i have like 40 other builds im rebuilding for 3.0.. :/

Grace seems ok, but you already should have 'enough' EV. both AR and EV should not be 'overstacked' if there is a possibility to spent resources on something else. only pick more of these if there is nothing else to pick.
Hi there,

The build looks interesting!
I´d like to start the build, though I´d have to buy A Wise Oak and Signal fire so not really "budget" build.

Question: what about Rats nest and lightning coil?

Spoiler
both are very good choices

Lightning Coil is probably THE BEST (yet hugely undervalued) chest piece for any form of EV character. If you can balance your resists (not only for potential Wise Oak but just make your lightning res high enough) id go for it and tried to do whatever possible to fit Purity of Lightning into your build. Each point of +%max lightning res means both LESS reflect damage and LESS physical damage taken. it should be a very strong combo.

Maybe Alpha's Howl then? or drop gems from Herald of Ash. I havent done research for this chest to be honest - but it is a good if not very good option

Rat's Nest is another story. it is a pure DPS choice (with bit of rarity) for users with high enough survavibility. if you feel like you can ignore a life roll - it is a good if not the best DPS choice. but if you want a good mix of both worlds - Starkonja's Head has life and solid damage.

The Gull is VERY expensive this league so it is best to remove it from the list..

As for the Quiver - Signal Fire is BiS for many builds (because it is simply broken to be honest) but there is a second-best choice for you, maybe even two:
Drillneck and Asphyxa's Wrath. First is old time fav, the second got a huge buff last patch and has some nice perks. Both should cost nothing.
Thanks for the quick answer.

I don´t understand why you take the soulraker node? Is it not claw only?
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lioneye%27s_Fall

there is an unique jewel that transforms 'any weapon damage' and 'any weapon node' into 'bow node'. this is very very strong when used in the jewel socked north of Acrobatics. you can then grab several very good claw nodes - crit, crit multi and leech. the leech is so good that you can safely ignore the Duelist's leech cluster
I did some gear dance and tested the Lightning Coil + Purity of Lightning setup
Gear:
Spoiler

Note: for this experiment I stuck to gear I already had in my stash, so this is not the best setup possible
oh, and i upgraded to 6 link. still experimenting with the 6th link, setup is not final

Verdict: The Herald of Ash prolif/augmented damage vs PoL/Coil setup.. it is a tough one. This build deals only 30% as lightning and over 60% as fire so the PoL effect on reflect is not huge. The phys damage reduction from Coil however is an entirely different story - it is strongest EV based item for a reason. 40% Coil was one of the strongest items ever created, 30% is still very very strong

I will stay with Coil setup for a while.
Last edited by sidtherat on Aug 25, 2017, 2:23:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info