[3.2] Budget Deadeye Shrapnel Shot - subtle killer

blink + culling strike + lmp + IIR

the ele prolif used to be in the main 5 link but as the damage is 'ok' with 4 link + IIR it somehow stuck
Hey thx for nice build! i have some questions

question: 1. If i choose powerful precision instead of fast and deadly, will be ok?
2. How about raider? it will work well?
(acutally i prefer 'non-meta' like you, so i will pick deadeye but just curious?)
3. Are there specific reasons to use cherrubim chest?
i want to use belly or kaom chest instead.
4. which gem is good for 5th(instead of IIR) and 6th? and uber lab doable with 5L?

Last edited by markmanship on Jun 27, 2017, 10:03:43 AM
4 uber lab is doable on a 4Link

ive tried several gems for a 5th link and pretty much everything works - inc AOE, conc for UBER levels of damage, crit. really - your damage on 4 link is absolutelly enough so i had 0 incentive to try other builds

2 Raider.. raider will be quicker (movement speed) and the Phasing is pretty cool (and underrated) mechanic.
However Deadeye's main bonus is the +50% AOE / +1 proj and the Rupture SICK crit multi bonus. while you can get damage from Raider, the AOE/Arrow cannot be replaced

1 Powerful Precision.. 100% crit chance. i think that attack speed is worth more. so i would stick to Fast and Deadly

3 I wanted Hybrid AR/EV chest with life and either all resist or no resist and this one came cheapest in search results. I took steps to actually get some AR and EV for this character. Single resists on a chest makes Wise Oak's balancing more difficult
Hey, thnx for sharing!
What about guardians/shaper?
never attempted them with this char. shaper should be doable as it is a pure mechanical fight and the damage 'is there'

guardians.. i do not know. hydra should be easy, minotaur.. requires careful play, phoenix.. id take purity of fire and the chimera would fail if unlucky with the smoke phase

in general i will see what will be done with shaper/guardians once double-dip idiocy is removed. because lets be real - these fights were balanced with DD in mind..

if one wants a shaper/guardian build - id look for something else tbh. there is always some kind of 'cheeze' to pick from
Shrapnel Shot is really a nice skill to use. Glad to see this on the forum. What's your thought about The Singal Fire Fire Arrow Quiver vs Drillneck? It gives you a really good damage boost for the fire element. Also if the last link in the 6L is not that useful why not go Elemental Focus+Increased Critical Strike (It gives a really really huge damage dps boost according to path of building program) or even culling strike if they don't ruin it in 3.0 :)
Last edited by Yusheex on Jul 10, 2017, 1:20:14 AM
Signal Fire is more expensive for a reason. the 35% added fire damage is sick (and kinda broken tbh)

Drillneck has life, is relatively cheap (thus +1 arrow vaaling is more realistic) and the damage bonus isnt that bad.

the pierce changes however (still not fleshed out it seems) leave it in a weird spot. the 100% inc damage (now 50%) is not that substantial because it drowns in the sea of other increases. and other than damage - Drillneck has nothing to it and good rare quiver can beat it handily.

Shrapnel shot might change with pierce changes but the mechanics (how the skill plays) most likely wont so it is all cosmetics

my progression would be Drillneck -> Signal Fire -> Drillneck (+1 arrow) -> Signal Fire (+1 arrow)

Biggest reason Signal Fire is so good: Wise Oak. The penetration it gives is sick, same with all other sources of penetration added recently. I aim for as little phys as possible (so i can inflict bleed) but the damage comes from elemental+penetration (and Wise Oak helps with reflect too)

"
sidtherat wrote:
Signal Fire is more expensive for a reason. the 35% added fire damage is sick (and kinda broken tbh)

Drillneck has life, is relatively cheap (thus +1 arrow vaaling is more realistic) and the damage bonus isnt that bad.

the pierce changes however (still not fleshed out it seems) leave it in a weird spot. the 100% inc damage (now 50%) is not that substantial because it drowns in the sea of other increases. and other than damage - Drillneck has nothing to it and good rare quiver can beat it handily.

Shrapnel shot might change with pierce changes but the mechanics (how the skill plays) most likely wont so it is all cosmetics

my progression would be Drillneck -> Signal Fire -> Drillneck (+1 arrow) -> Signal Fire (+1 arrow)

Biggest reason Signal Fire is so good: Wise Oak. The penetration it gives is sick, same with all other sources of penetration added recently. I aim for as little phys as possible (so i can inflict bleed) but the damage comes from elemental+penetration (and Wise Oak helps with reflect too)

I edited my post about gem choice.
Herald of Ice and Assassin's Mark feels a lot better tbh for me at least. I don't know if it's optimal but the extra aoe cc is helpful
Sooo, anyone in for this build in 3.0 ? Seems conversion is still one of the best ways to scale damage so it should be pretty similiar to what it was before (links and tree) right ? Would appreciate if someone could share ideas concerning shrapnel in 3.0.

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info