New Concept Art

We want Solaris' Spear-and-Shield and Lunaris Crescent Blades as uniques RAIT NAO!!!

:D
Last edited by SigmaBlack on Apr 10, 2017, 9:42:14 AM
"
WiseGuard wrote:
"
tacotiklah wrote:
"
Karamzin wrote:
It's sad Lunaris' weapons are so unrealistic. Art is awesome, though.

What do you mean "unrealistic"? There's a whole school of martial arts dedicated to the use of half moon and hook swords:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXKESDkbmXQ

Granted the BaguaZheng are much smaller than depicted in the Lunaris pic, but you absolutely could use them as deadly weapons with sufficient training. And they would make for good offensive/defensive slashing weapons.

Well dancing looks nice, would be cool to check out how they fare against a knight.

They'd push him over and he wouldn't be able to get back up while they sever his head from his shoulders. People need to stop clinging to romanticized vision of medieval combat, the knights were shock troops back then that functioned within the military scene that was there at the time, pitting them against foes that drastically differ from that environment is stupid.
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
"
Karamzin wrote:

"
tacotiklah wrote:
What do you mean "unrealistic"? There's a whole school of martial arts dedicated to the use of half moon and hook swords:

"
Xalmaren wrote:
Unrealistic? Maybe, but did you forget what world you are talking about here? A world in which possessing a specific stone allows you hit the ground and cause an earth quake, or hit an enemy and make them explode on death, or shoot out lightning, fire, and/or ice from your fingers/weapon/totem/ass. Okay maybe not ass, yet...

These “double moon swords” are obviously light fist weapons, and Lunaris has gigantic metal blades.

Unfortunately the gameplay forces players to shoot lightning from their arses. Yet every world needs a style (except for World of Warcraft), and I just think these “glaives”, or whatever, are a step to unnecessary eclecticism. There are such things as kopis and pelte that could be easily shaped to represent the crescent moon (and why the moon should always be crescent?).

Edit: I do not try to find the historical truth, but I just think this is realistic.

Last edited by Karamzin on Apr 10, 2017, 11:29:53 AM
seems a bit amateurish

the facial expressions on the godesses are a bit off, and innocence seems to be drawn ugly on purpose, like last mass effect kind of shit that only pretentious hipsters that want to project their ugliness like, the colouring is also more reminiscing of crayons than stained glass (that aside still nice effort, but seriously, in both of the pictures the facial detail placement seems a bit off)

also while I like the last one a bit, it seems a bit too simplistic, like its missing a lot of polish and details

Hurr, what am I saying, its concept art ofc its unfinished

"
cuss wrote:

why do half of them look like children with a mental disorder?
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Apr 10, 2017, 12:34:32 PM
looks really neat!!
"
tacotiklah wrote:
"
Karamzin wrote:

Granted the BaguaZheng are much smaller than depicted in the Lunaris pic, but you absolutely could use them as deadly weapons with sufficient training. And they would make for good offensive/defensive slashing weapons.

should have bought the moon defender pack.
"

They'd push him over and he wouldn't be able to get back up

Medieval knights were quite agile and fast https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hlIUrd7d1Q
The concept art has me hyped for the official art. Great stuff.

It feels like Lunaris has an disadvantage with those weapons against a spear and shield. She's bum rushing Solaris to get in range. Maybe dual wielding one-hand sickles might give her more of a chance. Sickles are easier to handle and can pry weapons and shields.

As for Innocence, I believe he needs more bulk to his armor. Currently he seems a bit too skinny if that armor has any thickness to it.

I would also like to see a size comparison with an exile for weapon concept art.
IGN: Tastes_Like_Piety: Lvl 88, Standard, Shadow Melee Tank
Nice. Thank you. I was interested in Lunaris and Solaris appearances. Asked about it in global to no success. Now finally I can see them.
"
Karamzin wrote:

These “double moon swords” are obviously light fist weapons, and Lunaris has gigantic metal blades.

Unfortunately the gameplay forces players to shoot lightning from their arses. Yet every world needs a style (except for World of Warcraft), and I just think these “glaives”, or whatever, are a step to unnecessary eclecticism. There are such things as kopis and pelte that could be easily shaped to represent the crescent moon (and why the moon should always be crescent?).

Edit: I do not try to find the historical truth, but I just think this is realistic.

Are they as regularly used as your stereotypical sword? No. But that doesn't mean it's impossible to use them. For sure it would take a lot of training to use them, let alone wield them safely and not harm yourself. But that doesn't mean it can't be done, and honestly, I can easily see how deadly they could be to an opponent in a fight. The BaguaZheng I showed were originally the size of Lunaris' blades, but were reduced in size to be handheld and with an opposite facing moon over the guard handle. Most likely since over the centuries, emperors in both Japan and China banned weapons and peasants were forced to makeshift them from tools and/or make them easily hidden from view. It's rather hard to hide giant curved blades from view. lol

Point being, they are very much possible and the "dancing" you see is actually necessary in the proper use of them. These forms have the user dodging and weaving from possible attacks, and the twirling used in counterattacks actually provide the centrifugal force to do serious damage with them. Sure, it looks weird to an outsider. But I've done some study in martial arts in my day, and I can tell you that these forms are 100% necessary to maximize the use and killing potential of the weapons. They also have the side benefits of being a kind of art unto themselves and an extra form of distraction against enemies (and yes the flags added to them help a LOT with that).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info