Anyone do 4K gaming?

Post your setup, your monitor, your experiences. I'm planning on making a 4K build, but want input from people with experience in it.
anything is everything
Last bumped on Apr 20, 2017, 1:07:49 PM
Why play at 4k and be limited to 30FPS?
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
If you're hell bent on 4k, I prefer 21:9 1440p @100hz, look into an hdr monitor, maybe even wait for freesync 2.

Standard dynamic range 4k ins't that impressive compared to ultrawide at higher refresh rates imo.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

Top of the line cards pump out 60fps+ now in AAA titles
anything is everything
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
If you're hell bent on 4k, I prefer 21:9 1440p @100hz, look into an hdr monitor, maybe even wait for freesync 2.

Standard dynamic range 4k ins't that impressive compared to ultrawide at higher refresh rates imo.

This is the type of input I was interested in. I've been thinking about the direction I want to take the build every day, keep changing my mind.

Could also just build a solid 1080p PC for cheap. And then get a 65" 4K TV and a Playstation 4 Pro for the living room to keep my friends and girlfriend entertained with console fun. Who doesn't love inviting some friends over, cracking some cold beers open and having an entertainment center.

A lot of directions I could take it. I've been saving money the past while and it's starting to get to the point where i want to spend it.

I enjoy streaming, so maybe making a nice 1080p TEAM RED build would be good!

im so indecisive when it comes to $$$$
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Apr 9, 2017, 9:36:51 PM
All my thoughts over the past month are changing now :D

hahahaha
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

Top of the line cards pump out 60fps+ now in AAA titles

True, but those are top of the line GPUs. I guess it depends on what you find more visually appealing. Personally, I prefer a 21:9 ultrawide monitor like GeorgAnatoly. I don't see a big enough difference in visuals to warrant upgrading my rig or building a new one just for 4k. Console games on the 4k TV for me it is.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

True, but those are top of the line GPUs. I guess it depends on what you find more visually appealing. Personally, I prefer a 21:9 ultrawide monitor like GeorgAnatoly. I don't see a big enough difference in visuals to warrant upgrading my rig or building a new one just for 4k. Console games on the 4k TV for me it is.

I've got the budget for a 1080ti build. But, the 1440p ultrawides seem like the sweet spot in 2017.

Console me up, 4k TV me up
anything is everything
"
Wraeclastian wrote:

This.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Wraeclastian wrote: