[3.0] Berserker BLS Shaper Farmer on a Budget - Millions of BALLS, DPS and INFO Inside! - VP, RT, US

I'll update the main post in a few days after I level. Some little tidbits in the meantime:
  • Getting 10% pen on boots is a pretty nice upgrade from 8% pen. With 8% pen, I usually wasn't able to kill the shaper spider boss before he rose, now I usually do.
  • Headhunter mods are pretty nice with maxed out sextant + packsize maps. Who'd have thought?
  • Doedre's Elixir flask is good for proccing berserker 100% leech against elemental reflect mobs. It can be useful in hectic beyond+breach maps where it's hard to see what's going on. Be sure you don't have much chaos res if you want to do this. To test, go to merc dried lake and pop the flask. See if it's at least 15% of your life.
  • Vaal Lightning Trap is a better choice than Vaal Haste for normal stuff. It doesn't work on Shaper, but we don't really need more damage versus him anyway.
  • Brightbeak + prismatic eclipse is slightly better than dual brightbeak for leapslam. I can outrun a vaal sparker in pure leapslam mode, by quite a bit. Not as fast as a QotF pathfinder lab runner though.
  • 4l leap slam is worth losing a socket for another skill. Leap slam + FA (or culling strike) + fortify + blood magic.
  • There have been a few Black Sun Crest helms with +3 molten showing up on poe.trade. Price seems to be around 30ex. Also some more non-hubris rares have been appearing.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Apr 30, 2017, 5:11:33 PM
I've been following this guide and I enjoy the build. Question though: Do you have a loot filter set up? It is very exhausting to shift through loot to find elemental maces, check which gems you mentioned each time one drops, etc. Thanks!
"
axesever wrote:
I've been following this guide and I enjoy the build. Question though: Do you have a loot filter set up? It is very exhausting to shift through loot to find elemental maces, check which gems you mentioned each time one drops, etc. Thanks!

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

I'm not sure I understand your questions about loot filters. Are you playing SSF? Otherwise, BLS only costs 15c to 1ex depending on the rolls, at least in LSC. You can buy any gems you need from Siosa, other than Enlighten, even as SSF.

Regardless, I use Neversink's loot filters. In MF parties, I use the Uber Strict version, but it's not even strict enough. When I'm solo, I usually use Semi-Strict or Strict depending on whether I want to pick up wisdom scrolls when I'm walking on top of them.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on May 1, 2017, 11:06:55 PM
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
"
axesever wrote:

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far.

I'm not sure I understand your questions about loot filters. Are you playing SSF? Otherwise, BLS only costs 15c to 1ex depending on the rolls, at least in LSC. You can buy any gems you need from Siosa, other than Enlighten, even as SSF.

Regardless, I use Neversink's loot filters. In MF parties, I use the Uber Strict version, but it's not even strict enough. When I'm solo, I usually use Semi-Strict or Strict depending on whether I want to pick up wisdom scrolls when I'm walking on top of them.

I'm referring to the "List of Item Filters". Sorry I'm new here. I played around with this feature and noticed it highlighted certain class-related items with colored borders if important.
hi do u have a uber atiziri video? and tks for this build... i finally kill shaper.. lol and got the flask, but i kinda mess up on my first try with uber atiziri, can you post a video to guide me? tks
"
axesever wrote:
I'm referring to the "List of Item Filters". Sorry I'm new here. I played around with this feature and noticed it highlighted certain class-related items with colored borders if important.

Yes, there are many good filters. I happen to like Neversink's. You'll need to look at a given filter's description to get an idea of why they chose to highlight certain things. My guess is that it's either highlighting potentionally valuable uniques or items that can be useful for crafting for some builds.
"
koonyeow wrote:
hi do u have a uber atiziri video? and tks for this build... i finally kill shaper.. lol and got the flask, but i kinda mess up on my first try with uber atiziri, can you post a video to guide me? tks

I don't have any at the moment and I'm leveling for the next few days. I'll see if I can do a clean run maybe this weekend. I'm a bit overtrained on breach+beyond maps and Shaper so I tend to forget it's a really bad idea to tank the flameblasts.

What part did you have trouble with?

While mapping, I've been experimenting with Doedre's Elixir instead of a quicksilver or silver flask. Since I have low enough chaos res (-51%), it procs Berserker's savage hit bonuses. It works pretty well at countering leach. I'm curious whether it's effective enough to counter the trio's dual striker's reflect and/or the split phase's mirror's reflect. Probably not, but would be interesting if true.
Really liking the build so far. Never played melee really so I wanted to give it a shot. Hate life but i'm getting around the headaches of it so far. My biggest problem so far was trash clear speed now that i'm getting into endgame. I was messing with ST in a 4 link but it just doesn't feel right or seem to fit the build too well. Sunder on the otherhand is working really really well. It takes pretty much the exact same gem combo so you can easily just switch molten strike out for sunder on maps, then back to MS for bosses. Or, if you use black crest helm and have an empower 4 you could setup a 4 link in your helm for it. At level 24 sunder gets another +1 radius so it would get that much more clearing speed.

Just my observations so far. The single target is insane so far though!
hi, how about amplify node , should we take it for more aoe ?
Last edited by unnamedsoul on May 6, 2017, 9:13:00 PM
"
unnamedsoul wrote:
hi, how about amplify node , should we take it for more aoe ?

It's certainly a viable option, and it depends on what you want to optimize for.

If you mostly care about clearspeed, Amplify adds a little more AoE and the 20% increased damage for 2 points is only slightly below the average return we get in the mid 90 levels. Go for it.

If you mostly care about single target damage, it hurts our DPS by spreading out the balls and making fewer of them hit the boss. The net reduction in DPS is around 3.5%-4.5% less DPS if you just take one 8% aoe node and Amplify. This accounts for only the 28% increased AoE (hurts DPS). As already mentioned, Amplify itself gives 20% increased damage with is pretty juicy, but those same two points can give us at least that much, e.g. Elemental Focus node (24%), Coldhearted Calculations (20% and some int), ranger projectile damage nodes (10%+ each with some nice extras for the first two), projectile damage nodes near Fury Bolts (10% each), etc. At least with my current tree, I'd lose an extra 0.5% DPS by dropping Elemental Focus and the WED node leading to it, for a total loss of 4%-5% DPS.
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on May 7, 2017, 1:47:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info