[3.0] Berserker BLS Shaper Farmer on a Budget - Millions of BALLS, DPS and INFO Inside! - VP, RT, US

If anybody is interested, I'm selling a full build for this, including one of the only known
on legacy softcore.

Forum link if you want to look at the rest of it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1891371/page/1/#p14439847

Comes with gems, most of which are Q20%, comes with flasks so you don't have to alt anything.

Hope this kind of cross linking is acceptable. This is by far the best guide for BLS builds.
"
snuze wrote:
It looks like you've put a lot of thought into your build, I like that. I've also been playing BLS, and enjoying it.

Thanks, it's been a lot of fun. I'm also enjoying getting feedback on the build. Helps make it better and give other people more options.

"
snuze wrote:
Have you considered running EK instead of Firestorm in your CWDT setup? I suppose Firestorm coverage is superior, but I don't like that it's a spell, doesn't seem to synergize as well as it could.

EK is a spell too and its damage is only 50% effective since it's a physical spell, but that doesn't really matter since CwDT will usually proc the spell on a savage hit so it'll have 100% leech. Firestorm has some nice advantages:
  • It's a duration spell so the leech is spread out over time, providing longer death protection.
  • It targets whatever procced CwDT, even things well outside EK's range. Helps prevent getting offscreened by ranged bosses.

The main downside of firestorm is that I'm no longer using a Hubris so my intelligence is low. This means I have to use a low level firestorm.

Prior to adding blood magic to leap slap, I used cwdt + firestorm + bladefall. Bladefall is a phys spell like EK but it provides a tiny bit of leech-over-time since it has multiple waves.

In the end, any decent skill that can hit multiple targets will work well. Didn't seem to matter much when I played around with different options.

"
snuze wrote:
Also, have you considered adding Vengeance to your setup? Hard to fit in, but at least worth consideration.

Interesting option. Do you think it's worth dropping the CwDT spell for an unlinked vengeance? I feel I need a high level CwDT to revive my golem during hectic fights, so it felt natural to have a spell as an auto-leech source. Also, it wouldn't protect against being offscreened.

"
snuze wrote:
Vaal Haste is okay, not as good after the nerf. I recommend Vaal Lightning Trap as an alternative for bosses. Although the Shaper and Atziri are both immune, it does work on the guardians.

Yeah, you're right. I don't actually use VH very much since it doesn't last long without investment in duration. It would probably be useful for multiplayer guardian carries and a few other tricky situations. Might be able to more reliably skip the cloud phase in Chimera with it.

Going to switch.

"
snuze wrote:
I also find Vaal Cyclone fun to use in breaches, especially since it synergizes well with Berserker leech & VP.

I'll have to try that out. I've always loved VC.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Apr 25, 2017, 8:37:26 PM
"
saitotake wrote:
"

What should I upgrade first? I'm having trouble with some bosses (couldn't kill trio in uber atziri), albeit I'm lowish level atm (86) and have about 7k hp.

My topaz ring is kinda bad, but I need the stats for now and I'm using a big dex and int node already.

It looks like you have decent gear. I agree your topaz ring is the weakest, but it's not bad. How many jewels do you have? Try to get 3-4 useful stats on 2 rares (projectile damage, attack speed, fire damage, etc.

It sounds like you stacked defenses while leveling. I did the same. This build scales very well with extra levels. You'll notice your damage skyrocketing as you're able to reach extra jewel sockets and damage notables.

At level 95, I mow down the trio, fast enough to ignore most of the mechanics. That said, my DPS is somewhere between 10% and 50% too low to ignore mechanics on the final fight. I can't quite kill her before her double flameblast pops, etc.

Here's how I do the trio fight, in case it's different from what you do. Pretty standard advice.
  • Make sure I have full flasks before entering the fight. Have at least 1 anti-bleed flask. Have a basalt flask in case things go bad with the phys rain boss.
  • Make sure my golem is up and at full health.
  • Run up to the edge that triggers the bosses, standing to the right of the bottom pillar.
  • Shift-click a totem up and to the left of me, between the dual striker and phys rain start locations.
  • If I'm using a Vaal skill, do whatever the intelligent thing is.
  • Leap slam directly onto the phys rain boss in the middle.
  • Pop all flasks and facetank till she's dead. Make sure she dies first.
  • Turn to the dual striker and kill him next. Be sure he dies second.
  • If I lose the savage hit leech, the dual striker goes enraged, and I see myself getting hurt by reflect, leap out. Get away from the degen pool. If possible, leap into some adds to leech off them. Once the dual striker becomes non-enraged, kill it.
  • If I'm getting overwhelmed by adds, hop over and kill them, but get out of the degen pool before the leeching ends.
  • Otherwise, facetank the cycloner.
  • Hop out of the degen pools if needed.
  • During the fight, be careful to manage the anti-bleed flasks well. We're leaving the cyclone bleeder till last and he's a lot easier if you have a bleed flask, especially if he procs bleed just before he and every other leech source die.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
Relocate wrote:
If anybody is interested, I'm selling a full build for this, including one of the only known
on legacy softcore.

Forum link if you want to look at the rest of it: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1891371/page/1/#p14439847

Comes with gems, most of which are Q20%, comes with flasks so you don't have to alt anything.

Hope this kind of cross linking is acceptable. This is by far the best guide for BLS builds.

I'm glad you like the build. The cross post is acceptable, as long as you don't mind me analyzing the gear ;) Hit me up at the end of the league if you still haven't sold the set. May or may not be interested. I'm going to roll a lab runner next, so we'll see what kind of enchants I can get.

That's some seriously sweet gear. Congrats on assembling that set! Those rings provide a ton of DPS (a point to WED is worth more than a point to strength, especially with both Black Sun Crest and Alberon's Warpath). That's a lot of resistance on the belt.

Without Black Sun Crest, gloves with attack speed and T1 strength give 0.4% more DPS than megi, but with that helmet megi gives 0.5% more DPS.

I personally would prefer penetration on the boots since the extra damage isn't really needed when there are packs around. Uber lab penetration adds about 7% more DPS vs. isolated bosses. Fire damage on recent kill is still a good choice of course and is a little better for clearing and for bosses with lots of adds.

Several items deserve a bit of love from blessed orbs, but that's a minor issue.

I'm guessing you stack a lot of res on the tree, stack a bunch on jewels, or most likely rely on 100% uptime with Wise Oak to cap.

Might want to include the jewels in your sales post, unless you need them for other builds.
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
"
Relocate wrote:
on legacy softcore.

I'm glad you like the build. The cross post is acceptable, as long as you don't mind me analyzing the gear ;) Hit me up at the end of the league if you still haven't sold the set. May or may not be interested. I'm going to roll a lab runner next, so we'll see what kind of enchants I can get.

That's some seriously sweet gear. Congrats on assembling that set! Those rings provide a ton of DPS (a point to WED is worth more than a point to strength, especially with both Black Sun Crest and Alberon's Warpath). That's a lot of resistance on the belt.

Without Black Sun Crest, gloves with attack speed and T1 strength give 0.4% more DPS than megi, but with that helmet megi gives 0.5% more DPS.

I personally would prefer penetration on the boots since the extra damage isn't really needed when there are packs around. Uber lab penetration adds about 7% more DPS vs. isolated bosses. Fire damage on recent kill is still a good choice of course and is a little better for clearing and for bosses with lots of adds.

Several items deserve a bit of love from blessed orbs, but that's a minor issue.

I'm guessing you stack a lot of res on the tree, stack a bunch on jewels, or most likely rely on 100% uptime with Wise Oak to cap.

Might want to include the jewels in your sales post, unless you need them for other builds.

Absolutely gorgeous feedback, I appreciate it. I've been trying to roll pen on the boots all week, but it seriously cuts into my lab profits. :P

If you're running labs for time, definitely look into the roadrunner build. Been top 5 on leader boards with it pretty consistently.
"
Relocate wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous feedback, I appreciate it. I've been trying to roll pen on the boots all week, but it seriously cuts into my lab profits. :P

If you're running labs for time, definitely look into the roadrunner build. Been top 5 on leader boards with it pretty consistently.

Haha just respecced my pathfinder into roadrunner. I'm leveling gems now and trying to get used to the build mechanics. So many skills to use, it feels like a summoner. 418% movespeed is pretty insane.
"
saitotake wrote:
What should I upgrade first? I'm having trouble with some bosses (couldn't kill trio in uber atziri), albeit I'm lowish level atm (86) and have about 7k hp.

My topaz ring is kinda bad, but I need the stats for now and I'm using a big dex and int node already.

What are you doing with controlled destruction in your chest? It gives you nothing, since your are not using a spell. If that was not a mistake, change it asap to ele focus
Another thing I want to play around with is running Ancestral Protector in a 4L. Something along the lines of: AP + FA + WED + FP. Those additional supports seem to significantly buff AP DPS on paper. I am interested to see whether it's actually noticeable in practice.
Hello guys.

I was playing BLS and done all content I wanted with it. Now I'm selling all of the gear cheaper than I bought, and everything is awesome. Drop me a whisper in-game!

IGN: DuckingPunches

I also recommend running Enfeeble (I prefer with Blasphemy) for some rippy Guardian maps, in lab, etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info