[3.0] Berserker BLS Shaper Farmer on a Budget - Millions of BALLS, DPS and INFO Inside! - VP, RT, US

thanks for the responses/advice and tips. Ill grind til 90 ,runs some nooblords and see how ready i am for some guardians. See if i live long enough to get bored with the build and end up riping on shaper :).

**KNow we probably dont need more dps but, gripped glove would work for molten strike? Inc proj damage? Or better with the melee glove,spiked glove?
Last edited by Deadbringer on Apr 18, 2017, 9:05:30 PM
"
Deadbringer wrote:
thanks for the responses/advice and tips. Ill grind til 90 ,runs some nooblords and see how ready i am for some guardians. See if i live long enough to get bored with the build and end up riping on shaper :).

**KNow we probably dont need more dps but, gripped glove would work for molten strike? Inc proj damage? Or better with the melee glove,spiked glove?

Spiked gloves would only buff the melee hit and it's a relatively small fraction of our DPS.

Gripped gloves are BiS. I can't think of any unique gloves that are better or glove enchants that would beat 18% projectile attack damage.

A few other things about HC: if you want more life, you could use a Belly of the Beast instead of a rare. You'll lose DPS (no strength), but gain a lot of life. There's also a lot more life you could get on the tree along the west edge and up along the way to EO.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Last edited by MoldyDwarf on Apr 18, 2017, 10:06:46 PM
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
"
Deadbringer wrote:

Spiked gloves would only buff the melee hit and it's a relatively small fraction of our DPS.

Gripped gloves are BiS. I can't think of any unique gloves that are better or glove enchants that would beat 18% projectile attack damage.

A few other things about HC: if you want more life, you could use a Belly of the Beast instead of a rare. You'll lose DPS (no strength), but gain a lot of life. There's also a lot more life you could get on the tree along the west edge and up along the way to EO.

already made some adjustement considering life. Specially the 4 4 6 with all resist.
The way i see it though,i dont wanna lower the dps too much. I mean,sometime killing stuff faster is having defense.

How much life would a belly give you compared to astral with 100+life /str (which gives more life too). Do you have any belly you could swap around? IM curious if the HP difference is that huge. Pushing lvls tonight,currently 66.
"
Deadbringer wrote:

How much life would a belly give you compared to astral with 100+life /str (which gives more life too). Do you have any belly you could swap around? IM curious if the HP difference is that huge. Pushing lvls tonight,currently 66.

A mid-roll 35% life belly of the beast would raise my life from 7238 to 7643, but my resistances with flasks off would drop to 66/38/76 in merc before the cap. I'd lose 3% DPS with belly of the beast.

If I move 3 life points from the scion brick to get all but the light res from the diamond skin cluster, my life would be 7297, and res would be 93/65/91.

Be sure that no elemental resistance is higher than fire res. Otherwise you'll lose the penetration from your Wise Oak flask. On HC, you might want to try making all your resistances identical. That'll provide more reflect protection. If you do this, note that Dying Sun will make you lose reflect protection because it's a ruby flask. Dying Sun is 13ex on LHC so I'm guessing you wouldn't buy one anyway.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
Supergaco wrote:
This build looks amazing :D If only Lead Sprinklers had 3d art :P

good
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
"
Deadbringer wrote:

A mid-roll 35% life belly of the beast would raise my life from 7238 to 7643, but my resistances with flasks off would drop to 66/38/76 in merc before the cap. I'd lose 3% DPS with belly of the beast.

If I move 3 life points from the scion brick to get all but the light res from the diamond skin cluster, my life would be 7297, and res would be 93/65/91.

Be sure that no elemental resistance is higher than fire res. Otherwise you'll lose the penetration from your Wise Oak flask. On HC, you might want to try making all your resistances identical. That'll provide more reflect protection. If you do this, note that Dying Sun will make you lose reflect protection because it's a ruby flask. Dying Sun is 13ex on LHC so I'm guessing you wouldn't buy one anyway.

you are right about getting dying sun. I could blow all my money on it but i like to keep my build under 400c budget. makes ripping more,enjoyable? Unless i manage to farm 1200c with the toon im not gonna blow 600c more then the 400c (amulet+6l astral cost.) Its just how i play. got 3 char anyway so i may blow the bank if i think its really worth it but like,wont be anytime soon. If i can survive few noob breachlord and feel safe about pumping more. Not used to melee in HC,its quite more stressful then the usual ST or FB i play . Much more fun though.

Managed to get a +3 proj circlet. Only one on HC . Still running with tabula cause i havent decided if i try belly or astral.

Im currently wondeering if xoph amulet really worth it. I have one and swap it out with a random amulet with like life/ 60str and the dps is barely noticable. I mean what would happen if i used a better rolled 80str/life.wed amulet,with flat elem or something. Is the 10% fire pen making a huge diff or its the cover in ashes that really makes it shine?Cant really say if the 150c pricetag justify it just yet. Pushing it,will test and swap. I guess its hard to calculate everything cause it doesnt even show on tooltip. and pathofbuilding hates me,so im stuck running my own experiment or asking stuff here :). Thaks for the friendly advice and everything.
Hey, ty for the build first! That's a really great guide!
Now, the questions!

I've got pretty lucky, and droped a Kaom's heart while leveling with this build (GG kaoms strongbox),
and I will sell it for 200c (I already got 2 BLS before). I play at hardcore legacy, and I know it was already asked, but what's the BEST thing that I can do, to be "completely safe" in hardcore ? Like : Gear, the tree, flasks, etc. You know, I dont like dying to single reflect mobs! hahaha

Ty again bro!

"
Deadbringer wrote:

Im currently wondeering if xoph amulet really worth it. I have one and swap it out with a random amulet with like life/ 60str and the dps is barely noticable. I mean what would happen if i used a better rolled 80str/life.wed amulet,with flat elem or something. Is the 10% fire pen making a huge diff or its the cover in ashes that really makes it shine?Cant really say if the 150c pricetag justify it just yet. Pushing it,will test and swap. I guess its hard to calculate everything cause it doesnt even show on tooltip. and pathofbuilding hates me,so im stuck running my own experiment or asking stuff here :). Thaks for the friendly advice and everything.

Xoph's Blood is incredible (especially if it only costs 150c), but you can use a rare if it's too expensive. For the following calculations, I'll use level 83 monsters (boss in a T13) and a "standard boss" resistances instead of what I usually use: Shaper. This is under the assumption that you won't be trying to farm Shaper, Uber Atziri, etc. in HC. The penetration mod's value increases with these bosses since they have higher resistances than normal map mobs and bosses.

• With a real Xoph's Blood, I have 7190 life, 1338 strength, and my ball DPS in PoB is 548062 (as always, this doesn't factor in point blank bonus, extra DPS from multiple balls, or loss of hits from having too much AoE).
  • If I remove just the ash mod, we lose a 20% more multiplier, dropping us down to 456718.
  • If I remove just the penetration mod in PoB, DPS drops to 516382.
  • If I remove just the %life mod, I have 6948 life.
  • If I remove just the %strength mod, my life drops to 7033, strength to 1233, and DPS to 515437.
  • If I remove just the Avatar of Fire mod, DPS drops to 521633.
  • If I use no amulet, my life is 6747, strength is 1198, and DPS is 394912.
  • I crafted a fake lapis amulet in PoB with 30 implicit str, 51 explicit str, 70 life, 31% WED, and 20-35 flat fire dmg. This gave 7083 life, 1293 strength, and 455018 DPS.

The closest thing to my fake amulet is an 80c with 103 total strength but no flat ele damage (LSC: http://poe.trade/search/nakitokubauyoo). Nothing else similar on any other league. Realistically, this means you'd have to craft your own or be more clever with search conditions.
"
Sygion wrote:
Hey, ty for the build first! That's a really great guide!
Now, the questions!

I've got pretty lucky, and droped a Kaom's heart while leveling with this build (GG kaoms strongbox),
and I will sell it for 200c (I already got 2 BLS before). I play at hardcore legacy, and I know it was already asked, but what's the BEST thing that I can do, to be "completely safe" in hardcore ? Like : Gear, the tree, flasks, etc. You know, I dont like dying to single reflect mobs! hahaha

Ty again bro!

I'll start by saying I'm not a HC player. I've tried a few times and the furthest I've gotten is A3M (died reading a guild chat message being offscreened by a miscreant as I approached the first gate in Piety's zone).

Right now I'm leveling from 94 to 95 running highly rippy full sextant shaped shores (with nearly all sextants adding packsize) with beyond + breach + domination and all maps with extra packsize. I've ripped 3 times, all in ways I'm sure you wouldn't. Two were to volatiles in maps that raised their damage to oneshot levels. The other case, no idea what happened. I believe that in all three cases the map had several of the following: shocked ground, multiple extra ele dmg to mobs, -max res, ele weakness, and extra mob life. Like I said, I'm no HC player. That said, with a more typical build, I would have died 5-20 times doing less rippy stuff from 94 to 95. Note: some of the XP farming was with a skilled aurabot.

The most important things for safety are having a large enough life pool to avoid oneshots and then having enough damage to kill stuff fast.

Dying sun is actually great for safety:
  • The increased AoE makes it so you can hit more mobs outside their melee range.
  • The extra balls kill stuff faster.
  • The +max res helps with reflect

I've died to reflect a few times, but mostly when I was showing off in breachlord rotations trying to be the fastest guy in the party. The reflect aura is a bit harder to spot in a breach. Having other players' skills spamming on top of it lowers visibility even more (esp ST). Paying attention to the whole party's position reduces attention on mobs. Breach mobs appear without warning. 5-6 player health for mobs means a reflect rare takes more hits after all the surrounding adds are gone. I don't think I've ripped to any breach reflect since my 100 breachlord grind (and I run breach on every map now).

Tips for handling elemental reflect.
  • Don't do ele reflect maps. I tested a shaped mesa and survived till the boss with Dying Sun and a life flask. Oak and I died at about the same time.
  • Try to take savage hits to proc 100% leech.
  • The damage per ball isn't enough to proc a savage hit, so you need mobs to do it for you.
  • Don't attack isolated bosses or ones with far more life than their surrounding mobs. Otherwise you'll lose too much extra leech if your 100% leech goes down.
  • If you're unsure but really really want to kill a reflect rare, tickle it with one multistrike attack at a time. It takes several volleys in a row to die to reflect with Dying Sun (or any Ruby flask) and a life flask up. Note that this is exactly the wrong strategy for almost everything else: you want to be always hitting in other situations to always be leeching, as long as you're not about to take a oneshot hit.
  • In breachlord runs, just skip the ele reflect mobs. Not worth the risk of either losing the timer or ripping.
  • Stay alert as any good HC always does.

Cant thanks you enough. Thanks for taking time to do all these calc for me. Even though it looks like im lazy i actually really tries to use PoB. Just cant get the hang of it just yet.

So ill use the amulet and run a 5l belly for the time being. I mean i couldnt push lvl last night cause works/ cannot find gear i need with the right resist,got damn hell,gearing is harder then i thought.

Spoiler

Cant even gets str on gear cause it takes a resist slot away. Or it just gets expensive as fuck. I think with a 5l it will be strong enough to run til 85+ ,prob even 90 if i dont do stupid stuff. but being an hardcore player,i prefer running more maps for less exp . I care more about loot then exp. My point is,make 2x more currency then the char costed.

so thanks for the builds again. Ill try/test some shit around. Like using lifeleech for casual lvling and dropping inc aoe or something else. Volatile scares the fuck outta me,havent really started mapping but i can already tell i hate em :). Another thing we could do is drop haste for blasphemy/warlord mark. Giving us end charge/more imm call duration and obviously the PERM leech. Throw in vhaste for boss. Or vgrace for safety.

I mean this wouldnt be optimal for dps obviously but do we really need 550k dps per proj on hardcore? I run 40k frostbolt and just did fine up until t14.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info