[3.0] Berserker BLS Shaper Farmer on a Budget - Millions of BALLS, DPS and INFO Inside! - VP, RT, US

Just a thought - I've been leveling this in the two week Turmoil, and I've found that Sunder greatly outperforms Spectral Throw in terms of leveling/general AOE for now. I really only use Molten Strike for single target ATM.

Your opinion?
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for this build. It's really powerful and what's more fun to play. I just checked it before end of the league because I started to think about possible build for 3.0. How are the chances that it will be still playable and not nerfed to the ground?

The only potential problem in 3.0 is whether BLS will drop in the temp leagues.

If you play the build exactly as is in 2.6 and ignore the WED rebalance, then we only lose ~8% DPS due to the flat fire damage nerf. Although they're making it local, they're only buffing it from 4-8 global dual wield in 2.6 to 4-7 local, and 1-((4+7)/2)/((4+8)/2) = 8.3% net nerf. The 30% increased fire damage mod stays global as far as I know.

That said, I suspect a better option in 3.0 will be using a shield. With Lycosidae, EO becomes a more viable option as we won't care about accuracy anymore. Or we can stay with RT and use a shield with high life like Lioneye's Remorse or a rare with res, str, life, and WED. This means either we can be tankier with the extra life or we can drop some life on the tree and take more damage there instead.

All undestood but if shield then what weapon would be an option as a replacement for BLS?
May God have mercy upon my enemies; they will need it.
"
_phlv_ wrote:
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
"
_phlv_ wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for this build. It's really powerful and what's more fun to play. I just checked it before end of the league because I started to think about possible build for 3.0. How are the chances that it will be still playable and not nerfed to the ground?

The only potential problem in 3.0 is whether BLS will drop in the temp leagues.

If you play the build exactly as is in 2.6 and ignore the WED rebalance, then we only lose ~8% DPS due to the flat fire damage nerf. Although they're making it local, they're only buffing it from 4-8 global dual wield in 2.6 to 4-7 local, and 1-((4+7)/2)/((4+8)/2) = 8.3% net nerf. The 30% increased fire damage mod stays global as far as I know.

That said, I suspect a better option in 3.0 will be using a shield. With Lycosidae, EO becomes a more viable option as we won't care about accuracy anymore. Or we can stay with RT and use a shield with high life like Lioneye's Remorse or a rare with res, str, life, and WED. This means either we can be tankier with the extra life or we can drop some life on the tree and take more damage there instead.

All undestood but if shield then what weapon would be an option as a replacement for BLS?

If it's feasible to get BLS in Harbinger, then BLS would be the top choice. It's the weapon that I think will work best with a shield in 3.0.

I tested Dyadus on standard for a few days with cheap league starter gear and level 85. Was okay I guess but a lot weaker than BLS. For it to actually feel good endgame, I think you'd need good WED on gear and good jewels.

Hyaon could be an option, but they reverted the massive buff to its flat damage in beta. For a high life build, fire damage is easier to scale on the bottom and left of the tree.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
decyphier wrote:
Just a thought - I've been leveling this in the two week Turmoil, and I've found that Sunder greatly outperforms Spectral Throw in terms of leveling/general AOE for now. I really only use Molten Strike for single target ATM.

Your opinion?

Good to know. I mostly leveled with Molten Strike. Sunder's probably a good option until there's enough attack speed to make MS not feel bad. Sunder should also get better coverage.

For deep lategame leveling with double beyond, I find ST to be the safest option even though the DPS is much lower. In 3.0 this may not matter as much because we won't have leaguestones to help massively buff pack sizes. Sunder will probably be a stronger option in 3.0.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
What's everyone think about this tree for Spectral Throw specifically? I should note, this uses 3 Inertia's, one in each of the ranger gem slots.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAHcBLMF-Q48EYEUIBRNFHEUdRUgFfAYkRmKGbQaOCKvI_YknScvKjgs6S2DNZI26DhTOlI62DrhPfxHfkp9TZJN41BHVvpX4lhjWK9Z818_Ylpjp2VNZlRnoGhlbztyqXXLdqx253fXd-N35XgNePl5aHzZft1_K4IHgpuExYTZhXuGYIazh3aMz419jbmQVZXMlwabJpu1ogCjiqTCplepbqyqtfK8n702vqfAGsEEwzrEosbYz37Tfti92XzdRuFz45_qGOpi7DjtIO0_7g7vDu968B_yRfPd9kj2o_cy-Ov5Y_xL_W7-Cv6P?accountName=MoldyDwarf&characterName=StumpySpray

I think the 10% reduced ele damage taken really makes a difference, especially with +1 fire res node. I was even surviving reflect before VP without much of a problem.
IGN: dbk or BONGSANDTHONGS if you prefer
Last edited by datbabykilla on Jul 25, 2017, 9:16:13 AM
One small hint from my side. I'm not sure everybody are aware but damage from Strength is counting in threshold way. Small example: I had 1349 Str and one jewel with 9 Str. By changing it to pretty similar version but with 10 Str I was able to hit next treshold with Str of 1350 - this small move has given me 1k dmg more.
Another thing is that seems that Projectile Damage is not visible on a tooltip. That's very strange.
"
_phlv_ wrote:
One small hint from my side. I'm not sure everybody are aware but damage from Strength is counting in threshold way. Small example: I had 1349 Str and one jewel with 9 Str. By changing it to pretty similar version but with 10 Str I was able to hit next treshold with Str of 1350 - this small move has given me 1k dmg more.

Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks for sharing.

"
_phlv_ wrote:
Another thing is that seems that Projectile Damage is not visible on a tooltip. That's very strange.

That's correct. The tooltip displays the DPS of the melee hit only.

See the Molten Strike DPS Calculator for how to calculate the true DPS including AoE and point blank effects.
what the hell dose this mean :)

?The only potential problem in 3.0 is whether BLS will drop in the temp leagues.?
"
Noattitudeee wrote:
what the hell dose this mean :)

?The only potential problem in 3.0 is whether BLS will drop in the temp leagues.?

BLS is a Torment-specific drop. The only ways of getting league-specific drops from prior leagues are (a) to add that league as a map mod or (b) via a few divination cards that bypass league restrictions.

To get a league mod on a map, you can use a leaguestone, pay Zana, or roll it as a map mod. GGG has told us that leaguestones won't exist in 3.0. We don't know what Zana mods will be available in 3.0. There currently are no map mods that grant tormented spirits. Spirits or ghosts are part of the core game, but as far as I know, they don't count as making the zone be able to drop Torment-only items.

In Legacy, I've encountered a lot of random ghosts, and BLS did not drop in any of those maps. I've only dropped a single BLS weapon and that was when I was chaining maps with Torment leaguestones, specifically for the purpose of farming BLS weapons.

In Harbinger League, we need to hope for a cheap Torment Zana mod. Either that or someone designing a divination card that gives BLS and that GGG decides to make common.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info